“Expensive for small portions”
Review of Man Mo Dim Sum

Man Mo Dim Sum
Reserve with Chope
Man Mo Dim Sum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 11,113 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Description: Contemporary Dim Sum located in the heart of Sheung Wan
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Having seen this place recommended by Time Out for excellent dim sum I had high expectations when I went along. I was disappointed therefore to find that the menu was very pricey (approx $80 for two pieces of dim sum) and there wasn’t a great deal of choice - of the more filling food options there was only duck fried rice and vegetable filled rice- they had run out of duck. I I went for the crispy shrimp dim sum and it was greasy with hardly any shrimp inside. Would not recommend.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Great service (although we had reserved there wasn't a table for us, we took a chair at the bar instead of the sofa and that was great as the barman was great fun and kept topping up our wine...).

The dumplings are really really tasty - highly recommended.

1  Thank chrisbrown14
Reviewed March 26, 2018

The dim sum is very expensive but nice. However, the reason for my rating was the fact that when I paid (by credit card) I was offered the option of payment either in sterling or HK dollars. I selected HK dollars (ticked the box) but when I got home I discovered they had charged in sterling and I paid approximately 20% more than I should have... Poor practice, particularly as I had given a tip.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Beautiful little parcels of deliciousness. every one to be savoured. This little gem of a restaurant in the antiques quarter on HK island is definitely worth a short detour. The French team have created wonderful food in this oasis.

1  Thank jemsilverstone
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

1) Dim sums with sea bass tasteless
2) We waited for waiter and for the bill for too long
I went to this restaurant with my french friend, he is shocked as well.

1  Thank Olesya S