“Seriously over rated”

Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Food wasnt even nice. Seriously over rated. They recommended pig trotters but it tasted horrible. Fish wasnt even cook properly. Very pricey

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We visited kwan kee for lunar new year's eve dinner. Place was easy to find and environment was cosy and localised. Food was average to us - I reckon kitchen was overwhelmed by the crowd or we ordered the wrong dishes. But locals seem to enjoy the food. Seafood was fresh with the exception of the scrambled eggs and prawns dish where they used frozen prawns. Service was extremely homely and warm :)

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

This is quite an old restaurant where its location is nearby to the hotel where I stayed. We didn't ordered much crab, fish and soup. Fresh seafood and nice way of cooking. Saw many tables ordered fish, we did that too. The queue started around 7pm onwards and around 9plus. The restaurant is still packed with people.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

Ordered the fried squid it was awesome. Also had seafood stew it wasnt what I expected it was just OK.. Place was packed with sitting inside and outside all locals.. Great prices.. Good beer selection..

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed June 12, 2015 via mobile

This is the best seafood restaurant I have eaten during my recent trip. When I visited on Saturday night, the restaurant was full with locals, fortunately, we managed to get a table without wait. We ordered a set menu which consisted of fried chicken (their specialty), scallops and vegetables. We further ordered a steamed fish. My husband, 5-year old daughter and I couldn't finish all with the generous portions. The total bill was close to HKD400 which in my opinion is very value for money. The seafood is very fresh and all the dishes are well executed. A very delicious meal indeed.

Date of visit: June 2015