A colleague and I shared a room at Lan Kwai Fong @ Kau U Fong. Even with the discounted rate, I did not think I received good value for my stay.
1. The location is all right -- a bit off Central, two blocks from Queen's Road. Closest station is Sheung Wan, which is only sort of close to the hotel
2. The building looks clean and well maintained, but in terms of aesthetics, it wasn't impressive at all. The small reception area is always crowded and staffed by mostly unfriendly people; the front door of our room didn't close on its own; the rings on the door handles come off; the bathroom's shower was so tiny, and stocked with cheap shampoo, conditioner and bath gel.
3. They have bathrobes, towels, a hairdryer, emery board, cotton swabs, a folding brush and dental kits. They have complimentary water, fruit and a minibar with "pay food". As for facilities, the double room had a TV, desk, dresser, window seats, cabinet and safe.
4. The gym is a joke -- a small room that fits only three treadmills (one was broken) and two other exercise machines (one was also broken). No staff at the gym; they had a water dispenser and face towels. Open 24-hours but they keep it open starting 7 AM only; you have to request them to unlock it at certain other times.
5. Breakfast at the first floor was also a joke at HKD 150++ -- very basic stuff that wasn't even close to delicious. The taste was okay -- sort of thing you would expect to eat at someone's house: bread, salad, dumplings, bacon and eggs, chicken nuggets, cereals, tea, coffee, some juices and milk. They mix the dimsum so if you have seafood allergies, you couldn't eat the non-seafood ones because of contamination.
6. In-room wi-fi Internet was priced to high at HKD 120 per day PER DEVICE. This was a serious source of inconvenience for us. Colleague and I paid HKD 320 per person to get wi-fi for three days because we had one laptop each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awards winning Lan Kwai Fong Hotel @ Kau U Fong is about being stylish, and as comfortable as you want to be, in a location that is perfect for trendy dining, nightlife and entertainment area of Lan Kwai Fong and SoHo, Minutes away from MTR, Macau Ferry Terminal, premier offices and designers shopping. Its rooms are furnished with a distinctive touch of oriental style, overlooking the spectacular view of Hong Kong city, which illuminated at night. Hotel offers free WIFI, happy hour with free house wine, mobile with free data and IDD calls to 8 countries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lan Kwai Fong Hotel @ Kau U Fong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Lan Kwai Fong
- Lan Kwai Fong Hotel @ Kau U Fong Hong Kong
- Lan Kwai Fong Hong Kong