“Stunning New Years dinner”
Review of Pirata

Pirata
Ranked #28 of 9,958 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$19 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We went for New Years’ dinner and what a feast. Extremely generous menu, great tasting food, was superb , attentive service as well! Will be coming back!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

It was a new year's eve. I love the Italian sharing dishes, similar to what the Chinese would do. So I chose Pirata. The place was small and the music was turned pretty loud. I was a bit uncomfortable at the beginning also because it was quite warm inside. But it turned out to be a very cozy and enjoyable evening. I never had too good Italian food in Hong Kong unless I paid very expensive prices. Pirata is an exception. The pasta is top class. The free flow wine is very generous. I admire the passion of the staff worked here, and especially the handsome manager in very nice Italian suit. I will certainly come back.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Arrived, having booked the table online in July 2017, to be told very abruptly that they had no booking reservation for us. We were then hustled downstairs to another dining area to be pointed to two seats at a bar counter. I was not happy with is and suddenly the rather effusive Italian manager arrived telling us he would 'sort it out and give us a wonderful evening. A table was promptly found for us and two complimentary glasses of prosecco arrived from the very attentive manager.
Starters were delicious, meatballs and tomatoes bruchetta, but I'm still a little put out by our initial reception. At this point a couple arrive to sit at the table behind us.....very limited space...a d the girl unfortunately knocks my full glass of prosecco onto my lap. Not her fault but I am absolutely sodden. Dripping wet trousers and top!!! Not happy
The staff however were very quick to respond offering me towels and soda water to remove any stains.
By this time I'm really not happy......but the manager again stepped up. Very apologetic though not his fault.
We then received another replacement glass of prosecco, two additional glasses of red wine and free desserts in the form of the most amazing tiramisu and pannacotta!
What started out in my mind as a disaster was redeemed by the most hospitable attentive Italian manager........and great food. The 'Butchers Cut' was delicious.
Thank you for redeeming our night with you !

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely meal here in the heart of Wanchai. Good knowledge of gluten free options and the food was delicious! Need to book in advance.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We went to Pirata during the lunch Set Menu they offer. It was awesome, really nice atmosphere and the Service was just brilliant. The Antipasta with the Parmesan, Parma Ham, Mortadella, Salad and more Ham in an all you can eat buffet is just awesome. We selected Octopus Salad and Cannelloni with Truffle as Mains and were happy with the taste and size. Included in the Set Menu was also a dessert, we choose Panna Cotta and Tiramisu, not only was the presentation unusual creative but also the taste was great. Very happy overall and only can recommend Pirata for everyone who is looking for a great place to eat on Hennessy Road.