“Authentic Italian Food”
Review of Pirata

Pirata
Reserve with Chope
Pirata is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 11,151 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$19 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The location is great on the 29th and 30th floor, but what drive me crazy was the food. Vitello Tonnato is a must, the chef is from the region where they created this Italian Delicatessen, Burrata e Prosciutto Crudo combine the saltiness of Parma ham white the freshness of a particular kind of mozzarella. The 2 pasta dishes dishes we ordered were also fresh made. Their tiramisù was so delicious I couldn’t take the picture because couldn’t wait to try it: soft and creamy. I’m Italian and I can guarantee you, il pirata provide authentic Italian taste.

1  Thank Massimiliano M
SophiePirataGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Pirata, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Massimiliano,

We are so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our food on your recent visit to us at Pirata! I will make sure all your feedback is passed onto Chef Stefano and his team!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

A friend recommended Pirata after having lunch their. We tried their brunch. The food concept was really good. They had a cold cut, cheese and sallad buffé to start with. Then you got three different starters to share. After you had a choice of different main courses and a dessert. During brunch, Pirata offers a free flow alternative. The food was very tasty and of good quality and the service was very attentive and friendly. This is a good option for quality italian food, with great service in a relaxed venue.

SophiePirataGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Pirata, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear SwedeTrav82,

We are so thrilled to hear how much you and your friends have enjoyed your experiences with us at Pirata, and we really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon!

Kindest regards

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Nestled on the 30th floor, Pirata offers great views as well as food and service! The restaurant itself is very cool and is always busy, a popular place for locals and tourists alike. The Mussels, Arancini bucket and Butchers cut were all delicious. Add to that a great vibe and you’re guaranteed a great dining experience. Thanks to all the team for making our evening one to remember.

Dear Johno5571,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us at Pirata!

Thanks for coming to see us again, we always enjoy welcoming our guests back

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

The location is good, the ambience lovely and the food very tasty.
My only complaint is that because we didn’t reserve we had to eat at the bar. There were plenty of tables with ‘reserve’ on them but even after 2 hours and 15 minutes of being there those tables were still empty. In my opinion, perhaps we should have been offered the tables and told we had, for example, 1.5 hours only. At least please give the option.
However, I certainly would go again

SophiePirataGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Pirata, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear Andrew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review from your recent experience with us at Pirata, our guest's feedback is so important to us and we really appreciate it.

I do understand the points you have mentioned, sometimes it can be tricky when we hold tables for our reservations but they don't arrive. I do conduct regular training with our reception teams but I will be sure to cover this topic again to refresh everyone's knowledge.

Please do let me know if you would ever like any assistance making a reservation going forwards, I would be delighted to help!

Kind regards,

sophie@piratagroup.hk

Reviewed March 20, 2018

The restaurant is well located, it is on the 30th floor and has a great view of Hong Kong. The menu has great variety of Italian dishes. The service is excellent, we were always very well advised whether it was about the food or the wine. The wines are, for Hong Kong standards, very affordable and the choice is excellent as well. Each dish that I have tasted was outstanding (I have tasted a lot of them), they taste exactly like they do in Italy.

SophiePirataGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Pirata, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Leopold,

We are so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us at Pirata, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pirata soon!

Warmest regards,