1,563 results
All reviewscourtyard marriottwater streetmomo cafethe executive loungehku mtr stationfree shuttletram stopconnaught roadsai ying punharbour viewkennedy townsheung wanairport expresshotel shuttlemacau ferry terminalcentral areashuttle service
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We booked this hotel last minute due to an extremely bad experience with an Airbnb apartment. We were nicely surprised by the last minute rate and turned up at 10am in the morning expecting to check in and leave our luggage with the concierge until 2pm that day. We were told we could get into one of our booked rooms straight away. Staff was professional and welcoming.

The view of the harbour, although not directly in front of Tsim Tsa Tsui, was no less stunning. Everything was cosy and comfortable. The fitness centre is large enough and well equipped for about 5-6 people to work out without at the same time.

It is a little bit of a walk from the HKU MTR station (about 6-7 minutes once you know which direction to take). However, there's a tram line that goes all the way to Causeway Bay and beyond. We took once such ride on the top level of a tram in the evening. It was a great way to soak in the sights and sounds of Hong Kong island at a less hectic pace than the other mode of transport.

There's a bus stop right across from the hotel entrance where the A12 Airport Bus will take you to and from the airport in about 25-30 minutes for HKD40.

The area around the hotel feels less hectic and relatively cleaner than other busier areas in Hong Kong. There are bakeries, local restaurants, western eateries and convenience stores within 50m radius of the hotel. I would definitely go back there next time just to have a quiet, relaxing sleep not too far from the famous places of Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Ask for room with harbour view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Chris L, Director of Rooms at Courtyard Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear Philippe V

We appreciate you taking time to share with us your experience while at our hotel. Thank you for your comments. I am continuously working with my team to ensure flawless service and to produce great experiences for our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel stay experience. We will ensure that your future stay are as memorable as of your second time.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This hotel exceeded my expectations for a Courtyard. It was clean, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was terrific, views of the harbor. Close to all forms of transportation and a Courtyard bus to take you to the airport express and other places.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cathi r

Reviewed April 1, 2018

About 10 rooms per floor half of them with the harbour view (see floor layout picture) - a 4.5' times 4.5' elevator, narrow and dark hallway made it feel like a boutique hotel (in a cosy way). No pool.

Room is very traditional Courtyard - clean, decent size (relatively), practical workspace. The harbour view was an exceptional treat, relaxing! Plenty pillows on request. When I walked into the room, they already gave me the amenities based on my member profile.

Service was beyond par. I was given a room in the morning for early check in. Not sure if it was because of my loyalty status or it's a norm - of course based on availability. Oh, just a reminder, 10% service charge is in your bill - so work out to about $15 USD per day for tipping automatically.

Executive lounge is filled with enough food for the day - Chinese and typical bacon and eggs types of breakfast, noodles etc. You can even fill your stomach with the evening hors d'oeuvres, practically skip dinner. HOWEVER, the quality and selection could have been better. Oatmeal was like a thick soup, coffee was ugly and bitterly strong. Tried the MoMo Cafe for breakfast and it was the same quality. It was a fine place for a beer with friends though.

There is not much (to my standard) around the hotel in terms of the chain stores (food or shopping) - almost all local. For someone who was born here, this is just fine. There are a number of "western" style restaurants and a starbuck within a stone throw distance.

Hotel provides limited and scheduled shuttle service to different areas of the island but you really have to time yourself to take advantage of it. If you are not busy, traveling the tram east is a great way to see the island (30 US cents only). Take this to Time Square slooooowly.

I think it's better (cheaper and just about the same travel time) to take the Airport CityFlyer than the train. There is a stop just across the street for the A12 bus. It's actually closer than the Airport Express Train shuttle stop, which is around the corner.

Room Tip: Book or ask for an upgrade to habour view room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Chris L, Director of Rooms at Courtyard Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear ORAKEY

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I usually stay at the Marriott Renaissance in Wanchai but this time because of my quick stay decided to stay here. To my surprise, the hotel exceeded my expectations. Check-in was courteous and efficient, rooms modern and clean, breakfast (included in my room rate) was very good with western and Asian choices. Getting to the hotel from the Airport Express was easy, less than a ten minute ride on a Friday evening. The tram which is always fun, if you have the time, stops a block from the hotel. Views here not as good as the Renaissance, but it is sort of pleasant to be in an Hong Kong neighborhood, not surrounded by modern high rises.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear T C

Reviewed March 29, 2018

An older hotel but very clean and at a good price. using the executive lounge is a must for breakfast and other benefits . Rooms are clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.Free wifi and all the normal amenities that you would expect from a Marriott.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view be above the 25th floor. Rooms ending in 06, 07, 08, 09 give good views.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business