“Great Experience Multi-Pitch with HKRCA”

Hong Kong Rock Climbing Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are fun loving, enjoy adventure and love to travel off the beaten path, rock climbing in Hong Kong can satisfy all your wants. Join our courses to explore the other side of Hong Kong away from the urban scene. From beginners to advanced level climbers, you can find the tour that fits your interest.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

What a fun day! It was a perfect day to climb and put our training of multi-pitch into action.

Met with Gordon for wall training on Thursday with a follow-up outdoor experience on Saturday at Temple Crag in Tung Chung. He was able to instruct and inform in both English and Chinese. We were able to go over new methods of clipping, anchors and rope management.

On the outdoor day we were able to try different Lead and Belays with our climbing partners to give great experience, with Gordon providing great care to ensure safety and security of both. After our 3 pitch session, we were able to enjoy the great view overlooking the ocean and get some amazing photos.

It was a great day and allowed for me to see more of Hong Kong's climbing.

All reviews
"encouraging"
"equipment"
"instructor"

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Highly enjoyable & unique outdoor rock climbing experience in HK. Gordon & Ada are wonderful instructors. They make the trip & climb in Tung Lung Chau enjoyable & educational. There is so much I can learn from them & definitely want to come back for another higher challenge to climb the Lion Rock.

1  Thank Mina201611
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Following my intensive Level 1 Sports Climbing certification, I re-engaged Gordon & Ada again for my first outdoor climb in January. I had specified sea cliff and was advised to tackle multi-level climb at Shek O Headland with my fellow Level 1-certified friend.

Over the course of 5 hours, Gordon & Ada arranged for pick-up, full equipment, routes setting from warming up at 3+ to progressing to our final climbs at 5+. The choice of location was picture-perfect, not least Gordon's & Ada's encouragement and dedication to showing us a good time. Thank you, Gordon & Ada, for an unforgettable experience!

1  Thank CarolCecilia
Reviewed February 12, 2018

Gordon and Ada guided us for a Rock Climbing adventure with two 8 year olds. We went to Black Crag on the South side of Hong Kong Island. We met at 10am in Admiralty MTR station and got an uber to the base of the hill. Then had a short 10min hike to the trail. We then scrambled up the slope and traversed a rock face. Gordon lead climbed for us and layed out the ropes. This was the kids first time doing any serious outdoor rock climbing and they were challenged by some tough but achievable times. There were tears, laughter, the odd bruise but Gordon and Eva were patient and understanding despite being submitted some poor child behaviour. It's quite spectacular view from the top of the climb. All equipment was provided. I would recommended checking the terms and conditions for unfavourable weather on the day prior to booking as if might be very disappointing if it rains. We had an excellent day and we all had our own challenges to overcome. Exactly what I was after to expose the kids some real outdoor adventure.

1  Thank Brit_Pilot
See more reviews
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Gordon and Ada were the most amazing and supportive guides. I booked as a solo traveller and with a 2:1 guide to guest ratio, I already felt like I was going to get silver service upon first meeting!

The climbing experience at Tung Lung was incredible, and this was made even better by Gordon’s guidance, knowledge of the area (and the locals/regular climbers) and drive to get the perfect Kodak moment to capture my experience (haha). Ada was also incredibly supportive and encouraging. We had laughs throughout and they made me comfortable despite the slight language barrier.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first outdoor rock climbing adventure with HKRCA. I would highly recommend this to others and hope to return to conquer another cliff side/rock when I next return to Hong Kong! Thank you Gordon and Ada!