“Expensive but good food.”

Peking Garden Restaurant (Alexandra House)
Ranked #232 of 11,594 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My Brother and I ate here on a Saturday night we turned up quite late around 9:30 without a booking, originally they told us we were too late, then agreed to seat us.

Food was excellent, although rather on the pricy side. We had 2 x chicken and sweetcorn soup, 1 x chicken dish, 1 x fried rice and 1 x sweet and sour pork. The bill came to 85£. Portions were large, so if anything we over ordered.

Would we return yes, but for a special occasion.

Please note if you have an American Express Platinum Card you get 25% off.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Nice atmosphere, excellent food, especially the Peking Duck and Chili Prawns.
Attentive Service, never any problems when reserving a table and agreeable prices.
Good temperature of wine and beer and always busy so its a nice experience to go there

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We meet up with some friends. We had a sour soup, Peking Duck and Broccoli with garlic, as last time.
We all enjoyed the dinner.
To this green tea.

I forgot to ask what happens to the duck meet... we were not served any only the traditional skin. Perhaps it is used in other dishes and soups on the menu.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I have been going to this restaurant for over ten years, generally love the food and service. I was very disappointed in this visit. First, the Peking duck is normally the highlight, but this time it was a soggy, salty, tough mess. The waiter warned me that it would take a long time, which was expected. What was not expected is that the skin was not crispy, but soggy and greasy. We also ordered a stir fried pea shoot dish, which the waiter forgot about, until I finally flagged him down to remind him. This resulted in our caramelized banana fritters sitting on the sideboard, getting hard as a rock and cold, while we were served the vegetable that came out afterwards. I was not able to flag down the waiter again despite repeated attempts over fifteen minutes for the bill, so I managed to flag an underwaiter who brought me the bill. Terrible food and service for a high price. Try the Peking Garden in Taikoo Shing instead.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

When a friend in town requested to have dinner here because of the Peking duck and the noodle show, I already warned in advance quality of food not as good as before and certainly will be very expensive. The friend didn't mind because that was a request of his wife. Requested to be seated in front of the noodle show and the staff already warned in advance that would be the entrance area. The show was fine as always but table setting was quite packed.

Peking duck had to be pre-ordered and now they only served one dish instead of 2-3 ways (minced duck in lettuce) in the past. However, at HK$520 the pricing was fair. I had requested the remaining duck to be packed for take-away. Otherwise, with so much meat left, the restaurant could use it to cook other dishes. We had prawns with salty egg which was a disappointment. The menu showed clearly there were only 5 prawns for this dish but priced at HK$270. With service charge, the prawn was priced at US$10 each. For the vegetable dish, we ordered beans which cost around US$15. However, the first mouthful already showed the beans not fresh and only with fibre. Requested the dish to be changed and that was replaced by broccoli.

Conclusion was mediocre quality for food and no value for money at US$65 each.