“Weekend Wine Lunch ”
Review of Amber

Amber
Reserve with OpenTable
Amber is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 12,197 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: With a stunning dining room as its backdrop, Culinary Director Richard Ekkebus' contemporary interpretation of French cuisine has earned numerous awards, including two Michelin stars, and No. 24 on The World's 50 Best Restaurants List 2017. Using only the finest ingredients, Chef Ekkebus uses his classical training and creativity to invent dishes to excite. Blending cutting-edge style with inventive lighting, the restaurant's dramatic design provides the perfect setting for Amber's award-winning cuisine. With a breathtaking bronze chandelier as its centrepiece, the décor uses warm natural hues to create an elegant ambience that allows the masterful menu to be the focus of what is an incredible dining experience.
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant in Hong Kong. We always come here for the weekend wine lunch. Lovely 6-course meal with wine pairing! Amazing flavors and textures! Amber never disappoints. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank treenich

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Lunch special unbelievable value at HK628 per head. Quality outstanding and worthy of 2 Michelin star rating. However try finding a bottle of wine under 4 digits. Disappointing when the average bottle of wine is more than three times the price of the meal.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank F6913OTcarolinep
Reviewed October 23, 2018

As soon as you arrive a very welcoming hostess team greets you and shows you the way to the table.
The restaurant design is very cleaver and the wooden sticks, all perfectly spaced and in different sizes gives almost a sub-conscius feeling of meditative state bringing you in an meeting between west and east.

The table is well presented, minimal, ironed and it gives the space to beautiful crockery.

Different menus are available, depending on the experience you'd like to live, however a very well balance progression of canapés, main courses and desserts bring life to the table, all matched with an interesting wine selection.

I believe that the food in a restaurant is important, as the company and the service.
The service is cleverly delivered, not too fast not too slow, the interactions are personal yet very professional and discreet.
The guidance of the dining experience is supported with genuine smiles that give a welcoming atmosphere to the guests without feeling the pressure of being observed.

I definitely recommend Amber as a restaurant for foodies, work meetings or just for enjoyment.

Customer service nowadays is hard to find and I think Amber gives to all of us still hope.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank thetraveler235
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

My first ever Michelin dining experience in this city and i must admit, it's probably better than in any other of the top world capitals. The service is unobtrusive and the food is heaven. The Dutch chef here has really created an environment of excellence, well done. While the dishes are bit cheap, it's certainly worth it.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Momoduko
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

I attended a lunch with various acquaintance at amber last week.

I ordered the standard lunch set, and to my disappointment, the food in the menu is unnecessarily expensive, and the food does not commensurate with their alleged Michelin status.

The portion is tiny. The dessert is bad. But the peppermint tea is good.

Still, i would not recommend anyone going there.

Please avoid.

Date of visit: October 2018
LandmarkMO, Director of Amber Restaurant and Bar at Amber, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Dear Victor C

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to learn of your unpleasant experience. As we are concerned about your comments and we strive to provide the best experiences for our guests, I have already reached out to you via private message, inviting you to get in touch with me directly, so we can understand your concerns better.

We pride ourselves on offering an exceptional fine dining experience at Amber. As such, we were disappointed to learn that you felt we did not meet your expectations. While our feedback mechanisms are typically very thorough, we appear to not have obtained your feedback during your visit. As such, I would appreciate your giving us an opportunity to better understand and address your concerns.

Our dedicated and hardworking team of colleagues would welcome suggestions on how to improve our service.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,