“Just another business trip”

Novotel Nanjing Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,952 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed 6 January 2017

This is a modern hotel with easy access to the centre of Nanjing by foot.
As with all modern hotels there is little soul but when travelling on business I believe this to be less important. Main priority for business travel is comfortable bed, good shower and reasonable internet connect. This hotel provided all of these.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the office towers which are illuminated at night.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Qian D, 公关经理 at Novotel Nanjing Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest, Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

This is a very nice hotel at the heart of shopping malls that carry many international brands. However, the reception staff wasn't that friendly and I would say not up to par of international hotel standards. We were disappointed at the front desk reply when we requested for a late check out being a member of Accorplus Gold member. They were annoyed when we ask for the small request.

However, we are grateful of a staff named Robin as he helped us to carry luggage from lobby to the taxi which was parked quite far away from the lobby area despite the rain. He was patient and he was a bit wet when he loaded our luggage into the taxi. Keep up the good work. His dedication and service will be remembered.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Qian D, 公关经理 at Novotel Nanjing Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review of your recent experience at Novotel Nanjing Central. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our Novotel guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in Nanjing, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Your hotel has an excellent location, it's so convenient and easily to reach all attractions in Nanjing.
And your staff are very good as well. My daughter mentioning she is very hot at the lobby, your reception staff give her a soft drinks, she keeps on mentioning this after she came back from China, it's worth of giving a can of soft drinks away.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Qian D, 公关经理 at Novotel Nanjing Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your recent stay at Novotel Nanjing Central. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

The location of this hotel is perfect, which is within walking distance to a nearby subway station. The front desk staff gave warm welcome when I arrived, and nicely told me that my room was upgraded based on the status.

The upgraded room is spacious and with nice view. Unfortunately, the windows do not provide solid sound proof, so I can still hear noise (traffic & horns in particular) from the street. However, I guess it's kind of normal and can be expected from major cities in China.

The executive lounge is clean, quiet, and offer good selection of food. Although in the 1st morning, the staff told me that they do not offer egg options (i.e., I need to go eat breakfast downstairs at the hotel restaurant if I prefer such options), another staff in the next morning welcomed me and offered to cook the omelet for me. What a surprise (but kind of inconsistent service)? I did try to have breakfast in the restaurant at 4F. However, there was literally out of food (in most stations) just around 9:30am (the breakfast ends at 10:30am), and the staff did not seem to actively refill them.

Another thing I was not impressed is the drink voucher as the welcome gift. When redeeming the voucher at the lobby bar at, the staff told me that I can only get coffee, juice (not freshly squeezed), or soft drink. No alcohol, beer, or even sparkling water (although I can read the chinese words on the voucher it allows me to get alcohols). I've never had problems when getting welcome drinks at other Accor hotel (even ibis or ibis styles). This is a bit disappointing to me.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Qian D, 公关经理 at Novotel Nanjing Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2016

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Good location-hit/miss staff when it comes to advise and help in english-just one restaurant that i didnt try but it looked kind of "meh"
If you ever get accused of murder or manslaughter just tell the judges that you once got stuck in their elevator and had to listen to their" fur Elise-musak" for 10 minutes and they will let you go-Trump should stop the waterboarding and play this instead
Would consider staying here again provided the price was right

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Qian D, 公关经理 at Novotel Nanjing Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for posting your comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you again in Novotel Nanjing Central. Best regards.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I stayed here for 6 nights and was the perfect hotel to explore Nanjing from. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and were of western style with some great views of the central city. The staff were very friendly and helpful with most being able to speak and understand English. The hotel's close proximity to the central shopping district, eateries and public transport allowed us to explore the city and discover some true locals gems. I will have to come back as 6 days is not enough to explore this amazing city.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your recent stay at Novotel Nanjing Central. I hope that our inspirational environment and unparalleled serviced helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Large and clean rooms and a nice view of the city from the top floors. Close to metro station. Great breakfast buffet but a bit too expensive, I think. Very helpfull staff. Very reasonable rates for rooms.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Qian D, 公关经理 at Novotel Nanjing Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016