All reviews cumi cumi arabic food ancol area dunia fantasi big room bedroom apartment checking in manga dua variation traffic
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Visited during long weekend, as searched for the 2 bed room unit and to closing by ancol. Found this hotel was very crowded with families.

Check in was smooth but had a long queue. The receptionist guy was friendly, helpful and also gave promptly respond during my check in process. My room was upgraded to the deluxe too.

As packed with guests, the elevators were very busy and make me frustated. Should insert then withdraw the access card before press my floor. So difficult while the elevator was packed with people. Same experience while I go down to the lobby from my floor.

The room was old fashioned but spacious. I got the unit with city view, but very noisy with sound from traffic at the highway downstairs, when I open the balcon's door.

House keeping : Called twice the house keeping to asked additional bath soap, and confirmed by the phone receivers. Never came until check out.

Breakfast time : arrived to the restaurant at 8am, but found like a war zone. Too many in waiting list to get the table. At least the management have a mitigation on this issue, as they have opening the coffee shop / lounge area for breakfast too. The food were promptly empty and found many hotel guests who took the food like did not eating for several days before. So mess.

Maybe I've visited this hotel in a wrong time and nothing wrong with this hotel. But as my bad experiences above, I won't go back to this hotel, and will appointed other condos inside jakarta that offering a better in all aspects with the same price range.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Noer S, Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Mr. Andik,

Thank you indeed for your valuable feedback here, which will We do apologize for the inconvenience happened during your staying at Aston Marina Ancol. We have advised our staffs to be more observant and helpful.

Your comment in regards to elevator and breakfast experience. We have discuss and it has brought upon a constructive discussion in our management team today and we will take this as a point for next.

The misunderstanding of our staff member in regards to your comment is deeply regretted and we wish to ensure that we are implementing extra training hours in due course for better understanding. Again. please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience occurred to you and your family.

Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2018

It is very close to the marina if you want that. The breakfast is outstanding. A+ the staff was helpful. I unfortunately had issues, from the room safe not working and they changed my room 3 times to get it right and not just give me a new safe. Oh the safes are not bolted into the room, free floating,YUP. To problems with the air conditioning leaking condensation water all over the floor and the TV not working. After you take a shower and walk around bear foot for about 1 minute your feet get black from the dirty floor. I just gave up calling the front desk and asking for assistance. BUT they do have a great breakfast. If you want to pay more and get a REAL apartment. Ascott Jakarta

Room Tip: sorry to say you get what you pay for
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Noer S, Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and write a review, we are glad to know that you love our strategic location and breakfast, but unfortunately you had some issues at Aston Marina Ancol. Your comment had been informed to related departments to be noticed and followed up. Daily inspection has been increasing to avoid that problem. We hope through these improvements you will consider us as your preferred hotel choice, thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Partner was very excited to book a room in Aston Marina because its location near the harbour. We were having a trip from Tidung island before heading to Aston Marina.

However, though the location was bear the harbour and Ancol, it was not designed for pedestrian. You will get confused entering this hotel when you go on foot from the harbour.

Check in process was so slow, the staffs chit chatting on the corner, some others taking care of our bookings and their discussion took a year to get a pass to acnol.

Room was spacious (one thing that is in our priority of room booking), bathroom was so so (comes with bathtub and the stopper was not functioning we had to call the handyman). Cleanliness so so, a bit dusty in the living room, and I barely touch the balcon because it did not look that has been cleaned before.

The great thing in this hotel was its breakfast. Comes with great variation of choices and tastes good too! We spent some more time than usual during breakfast here.

Considering the affordable price, the room size, and its value of money. I definitely would like to return to this hotel. If you are a person that thrist for hotel service, you will only get it from the housekeeping, restaurant and the concierge. Expect none from the front office team ;)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Noer S, General Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Dear Ms. Ariani,

On behalf of the entire staff of Aston Marina Ancol, We sincerely do apologize for inconvenience occurred during your holiday with us, our front desk has been reminded and briefed regarding this matter. It is great to know that you loved the location and breakfast. For keeping cleanliness standard, we have been doing daily inspection. We hope you will give us the opportunity to once again welcome you to Aston Marina Ancol and prove to you that we can give a better services on your next visit. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Went here for short 1 night stay after went to Ancol/Dufan.
This hotel is really close with Dufan

+ room was big enough as we travelled with 2 kids - stayed in two BR

- food was not really good
- toilet smelled bad!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Noer S, Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Dear Ms. Louis,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write a review about your impressions. We are glad to know that you love the location and surrounding. In regards to your input regarding breakfast taste and smelled bathroom, we do apologize for these inconveniences. However, let me ensure you that we already learnt from this experiences by informing our culinary and housekeeping team in due course for better service next.

Indeed, we hope you and your family come again next time.

Regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Overall good, the room was nice scenery, comfortable but the're some under maintenance make me annoyed, cleanliness was more improved it can be more perfect place . breakfast was good taste , more variates, i liked fruit salad and pasta thanks chef .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Noer S, Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear Ms. Anggun,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review, convenience has always been one of our strong points, we are glad that you had an enjoyable time with us. To address about cleaning matter, we have assigned more staffs to make sure the all area both public area and room are clean at all times.

Best Regards,