“transit hotel”

Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC
Ranked #322 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Not to far from airport, good price, and there's free shuttle bus to airport

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 February 2012

The room is small. Good furniture , great staff but poor breakfast
It"s crowded , full of others PEMERINTAHAN guest
They don"t care with the single traveller.
The rest is great beside the bad service in Restaurant

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This hotel is by far the worst hotel, I have ever stayed in my life. At check in, the counter clerk told me I was booked for two nights. I was booked for three nights. Only after checking the Agoda.com reservation paper, he changed my reservation to three days. In the room, I constantly heard a noise of a motor winding up and down all night. I asked to change the room, but they say that they are fully sold out and change can be done on the following day.
In the morning, they did not tell me a thing. When I got back from an outing, I found that my key no longer worked and found that they switched my room. I asked about the stuff I had in the room safe. I had my wallet with cash over a thousand dollars US and credit cards along with my I-phone. The counter clerk asked the security who handled transfer of my things to the new room told me that there was nothing in the safe. I was furious and worried of fear that all my valuables were stolen. I demanded to check the safe, but they told me that the room was sold already and it would be rude to the new guests. I got more upset as they did not seem to care about my dire situation just because they did not want to disturb the new guests. The security guy kept on asking if I had put those things in the safe. By this time, I was raging. Finally, the shift manager got involved and agreed to open and check the safe for me. It turned out that the room was not even occupied at the time. I input my four digit codes and opened the safe door. My wallet and I-phone were still there as I left them in the morning! I yelled "you guys did not even checked the safe" I could not believe how unprofessional those hotel staff were.
This was not the end of it. The key did not work again when I came back from my outing. The key was not correctly coded.
I would not recommend anyone to stay this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Ralph808
Reviewed 7 January 2012

They have free airport shuttle every 2 hours, but you have to book it in advance. The location is far from everywhere, it takes an hour to airport too (traffic is a mess). It's freezing cold in the hotel, but luckily AC can be turned off in rooms. Free WiFi is available in rooms too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank VDiver
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Indonesia's Business Hotel Chain aston comes with another smooth business hotel in the jakarta suburb of chengkareng. The rooms are clean, good size with flat screen tv and good bathroom. You could compare this hotel with a "holiday inn" property is style and service.

For those in transit, this hotel offers free shuttle to the airport every two hours (traffic can be bad up to one hour travel time in rush hour)

Nothing exceptional here but just a well run business hotel that will leave you neither impressed nor dissapointed.

Good value, good staff attitude, good rooms, does the job.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank arabian_sands
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The receptionist did not know how to smile and talk politely. I have to wait for 2 hours for my room. They said it would be ready at 2:00 pm, and I check in at 4:00 pm.
House Keeping guys keep talking loudly to each other, they even talk about the other guests.
The location is out of nowhere. Small room and too close to the slum shops in the building next door.
Toilet hygiene is poor. I could see water marks in the toilet.
They don't have swimming pool.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The view from your room will be the slum shops next door. Can't see the city lights or the sky...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank VincentiaHasibuan
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This hotel is quite near to the airport but stillexpensive if you'll travel by taxi. However, you can opt to be fetched and be dropped by their scheduled free shuttle to and fro from the airport. Be aware that this hotel is still very far from the city center. It is best to stay here if you have early flight by the following day!

Room Tip: Contact hotel if you want to be fetched from the airport by their free shuttle.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Samala Hotel
Penjaringan
Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Pluit Citygate
Zest Hotel Airport
#12 of 54 in Tangerang

Been to Aston Cengkareng City Hotel & CC? Share your experiences!