New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Prasada Mansion

Prasada Mansion
Ranked #333 of 442 Hotels in Jakarta
manila
“Hidden location but great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

This hotel is exactly right in the city center. It's hidden but the good thing is there's a transjakarta station near this hotel. But sad to say during our stay there was no wifi connection. I hope it was just a minor glitch.

Anyways we enjoyed our stay. Receptionist gave us a room with a great view of Jakarta's skyline.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I stayed here with a bunch of other colleagues. The rooms are basic, but adequate. The restaurant was a notch above decent. Most importantly, though, the price is an exceptional deal given the location. Also, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MrTravelsAround
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

Like : Room is very clean, service is great and very friendly. Free Wi-Fi with decent speed connection.

Dislike : Rooms are very small. Breakfast is maybe need improvement for some people, they only have toast, cereal, omelette, fried rice. But for me it's enough though. Their location is quite difficult to find as noone knows their hotel name, and some even don't know their address' name. I'd suggest you said to the taxi driver that the location is behind Mayapada Tower, go straight then turn abit left on the junction.

I'd recommend for their quality of service and their cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

I stayed in Prasada Mansion after one night in StudioOne, not because the latter was bad, but because I got budget upgrade, so I decided to take up a hotel. And so, I decided to stay in Prasada Mansion after a few search in google.

I was using Taxi from Ambassador Mall to Prasada Mansion, and I got some difficulty reaching it. The thing is, the road to get there is narrow and almost like a maze if you take the wrong turn. And I don't think this place or the road to it is familiar to many Taxi drivers.

I stayed in Deluxe Non-smoking room (yes, I think they have smoking room) for approx. USD 50 plus USD 20 for deposit. They use magnetic key card for the room and elevators. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable, and its size met my expectation. Two complimentary PET bottles of mineral water, along with complimentary instant coffee, teabag, sugar, and diet sugar (corn sugar) - two each - was already in the room. There's a water heater, but I think the water heater and the complimentary mineral water were not necessary actually, since there were hot/cold water dispensers in the hall, but it was a good gesture. They provided standard bathroom amenities. The shower got hot water, but when I used it, it took sometime for the hot water to rush in.

They got quite a selection of channels for TV, not too great, but it's good enough for me. The air conditioner worked well. And they got free WiFi, albeit the low signal strength, so make sure to ask for username and password at the check-in counter. But the connection speed was pretty decent for a free WiFi. They also had room service, which I used to iron two of my shirts for approx. USD 1,50. The foods in the room service menu weren't expensive, Fish & Chips were only USD 3, tho I don't know about the size of the meal. There was no telephone in the room, to call the front desk or room service, you have to go to the hallway, next to the elevators. The bed was comfortable and I slept soundly on it.

Breakfast consisted of a few choice of main course, on my occasion, the choice were Fried Rice, Fried Noodle, Omelette, or Chicken Porridge. There were also toast with butter and strawberry jam, cereals, mini salad & fruit bar, juice, coffee, and tea. I personally had Fried Rice with Omelette made to my preference along with salad, toast, a glass of juice, and a glass of water. The taste was quite good. The staff is helpful and friendly. They could also provide taxi if we told them 30 minutes prior to departure time.

Overall, we (my and my colleague) are pleased with our stay in Prasada Mansion. But I think they really need to update their website, with how-to-reach-us tips. If it's not because of the difficulty to reach it, I'd score a perfect 5 for Location. The only thing that made me score them 3 is that they're actually in the center of some major business districts, namely Sudirman, Kuningan, and Setiabudi. But I'd still recommend this hotel for Jakarta business travelers.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank meneervankodoq
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

After a horrifying one of five night's stay at Hotel Atlet Century Park! - We check out of Hotel Atlet Century Park after one night. Went online and found this hotel, Prasada Mansion.

Best directions to give taxi is not to tell them the hotel name. Tell the driver: Jalan Kommando Raya. Tell them that the hotel is behind (behind in bahasa is belakang) MAYAPADA BANK (famous landmark) on Jalan Sudirman.

Room quality is something you would expect of an Ibis in Bangkok or Singapore. But Standard rooms at Prasada has no minibar, telephone or fridge. Room is small but manageable. Room is clean and functional. Room has a small balcony. Bathroom is also clean but a bit on the small side. Towels provided are fresh and clean.

We had 2 single beds. Very comfortable with feathered pillows.

Plasma TV with many channels.

Free 24hrs wifi in room.

Water cooler/ heater and telephone at lift lobby on every level.

Breakfast was quite good with hot and cold dishes. Coffee could have been better. Service staff tries their best to make your breakfast a pleasant one.

Thank you, Prasada Mansion for saving us from 4 nights of the horrifying Hotel Atlet Century Park!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank m36705
Point Cook, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Sadly not as good as I hoped. No telephone in room, breakfast that was cold, no fitness centre.. only one floor of the hotel was open and the room were small. Wi-fi was available in room and overall cleanilness was good but not as advertised on hotels website made me feel like I had been misled.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Aussie_Bule

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Vientiane, Laos
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

I've stayed at the prasada several times. Intitally I was thrilled with the place. Very convenient (if you can find it) location, tastefully decorated rooms. Free internet. However that last two times I've stayed there the rooms were filthy. Bugs on the floor and bathrooms so coverd in mold I slipped in the shower. I was left with the impression that the toilet hadn't been cleaned since the place was built. When I entered the restaurant for my free breakfast the smell of rotting food was so overpowering I immediately turned around. It's a pity as it started out with just about a perfect recipe for success - great price centrally located, tasteful rooms - couldn't be beat in jakarta.

A couple of things to note: On the plus side the sheets are new and very clean still so if you can brave the bathroom and don't take your shoes off it's not terrible. On the negative side, the firedoors were locked - so if there was a fire the only way down is in the elevator. Location - Although it's centrally located taxis rarely pass. It could take a minimum of 30 minutes to get one. Fine if you are in walking distance but not at all good if you are needing to get places in a timely manner via taxis.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business