“I Hate To Compliment This Hotel...”

Morrissey Hotel Residences
Ranked #64 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Because the business will flourish as many people will come here. I afraid Morrissey will getting charmless when too many irresponsibble idiot stay here.

Morrissey is the most unforgettable accomodation during my 2 weeks South East Asia tour. Perhaps they beat Novotel Silom, Bangkok (this is the most expensive accomodation during my SEA tour). I am more excited about staying in this hotel than the city itself! So if you happen to stay here, please be a responsible and considerate guest. Stay quiet and respect others!

Here are the reasons for staying here;
1) The staff are very professional, attentive, fun and well groommed.
2) The studio is only the name but its really huge! I love every inch and details of the studio.
3) You don't stay in Morrissey if you don't swim or lounging at the rooftop....unforgettable views!
4) iPod dock at your bedside. I have Balinese traditional music on my iPhone and it give me peace of mind.
5) Hotel decorations are somewhat of New York vibe. Come here if you can't afford to be in NY!
6) You have everything more than necesscities on your room. As im on budget, I bought frozen food from nearby convenience store and wine. They have microwave and wine glass on your studio!
7) Very strategic location where the taxi ride to almost anywhere in Jakarta from this hotel is cheap!

But I hate the breakfast. I don't know how to describe but its not on par with the facilities they have. If you in the midst of booking the hotel with breakfast or without breakfast, I advice you no breakfast. You can prepare it by yourself at your own studio with complete kitchen facilities.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tafe A

Reviewed 20 October 2012

The Morrissey was a great hotel to stay in as a couple where we had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were very modern with all the ammenities we required, a good sized shower, very clean and spacious. The staff were very friendly as they arranged a taxi for us at 3am, they also helped with an enquires we had. There are rooftop gardens to relax in as well which was a nice unique feature of the hotel, something few others have.
The location is spot on too, with a mall just a 5 minute walk away and centrally located for good access to bars and restaurants.
On site was Ocha & Bella, a very good, high standard restaurant and bar which serves a good selection of food (Indonesian and Western) and drinks.

For the price and our experience I would definitely go back and recommend it to any travellers seeking a good standard of accomodation in central Jakarta. 10/10 for us!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I had a really good time there; the location is perfect to explore the city and to enjoy the nightlife; the italian restaurant in the hotel is fantastic (greetings to the Chef de Cuisine Matteo); rooms are fully equipped (even with a nice kitchen); cleanness at highest standard; breakfast is great, so is the hotels own Café; the staff was nice, helpful and English speaking; the hotel is worth every cent; full recommendation

Extra tip: explore the great local food just head out of the hotel to the street on the right; you will find a huge variety of great food stalls (most of them are opened till midnight and beyond)

Room Tip: my room at floor 3 was great; quiet and easy to reach everywhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This hotel is fun, dynamic, cool decoration, lively restaurant. The rooms are renovated cool with exposed concrete ceilings and urban-hip decor.

And everything works. The kitchen is small, but has microwave, water boiler and hob, with a fridge of course. The bathroom is fine. The room has high ceilings and real black-out blinds. And it is quiet.

I didn't get to the gym.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank caryatidbiz
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed for two nights for business meetings, good access coming from airport, transport arranged by hotel was efficient, had good rest in quiet duplex studio, good quality appliances and fixtures in pantry and bathroom, nice quick b'fast in airy lobby along the glass facade, one tip: make your coffee and go enjoy it on pool deck on 6th floor, a great way to start a Jakarta day.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I travel to Jakarta on business for long periods at a time (2-3 weeks). As a woman, I like to stay at serviced apartments so I can cook a little or have the option of heating up left overs, rather than going to restaurants each time and overeating or sitting down all by myself. So over the years, I have tried a couple of serviced apartments and I must say that after staying there 4-5 times, this is my favorite by a long way.

The one thing that hooked me at first was the style of the architecture. Not sure how to characterize it but it is a combination of modern, edgy, spacious with lots of light. The area where you have breakfast is so airy and bright. The rooms have wooden floors, high ceilings, huge glass windows and white painted brick on one side. They are not as big as other places I've stayed at, but the placement and selection of the furniture is so carefully thought out that I found I was functioning so efficiently! I could even put on an exercise DVD and exercise!

The other great thing about this hotel is the location. Right in town and close to commercial centers and malls. In terms of eating places, of course there's the very nice and funky Italian restaurant downstairs (which is a bit pricey). But there's tons of other eating places on the same street, from Japanese, seafood to traditional Indonesian food. Then there's an ATM and Circle K just a few minute walk away if you need toiletries or snacks.

Other pluses include good variety of breakfast within the same day as well from day to day. Enough healthy choices as well as little special treats. 4 pieces of free laundry if you are long term stay (over 2 weeks). Great Wi-Fi speed with no problems connecting (unlike some other places). Ironing board and iron in the bedroom in case you need to do a quick iron and can't be bothered with calling housekeeping. Ipod docking station.

I have stayed at some other hotels on short-term stay in this price range in Jakarta as well in the same area and this hotel is just in a league of its own.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed there for only 1 nite during weekend. at first i didn't expect a spacious room. i stayed at the studio room. and once i went in, i'm in love with the room. it was so spacious, complete with the kitchen set. After i gaze around the room, the housekeeping knocked on the door. He came just to say welcome and informed me on all the facilities.

The location of this hotel was right at the center of business in Central Jakarta.

I cant not say more, Cause I might need a full page on this web... hahahah.... Over all, this hotel is verry recomended either for Business Trip or even just a weekend get away.

Room Tip: i havent try the other room type, but I stayed at the studio room, on my next trip i want to try the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends