“5star hotel but cleanliness is bad”

Hotel Ciputra Jakarta
Ranked #88 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Good location. Just one step with shopping mall and cinema.
Bathroom is dirty. Not meet 5star hotel standard. Child above 1.5years had to pay for breakfast!!!! I don't think this is normal. Specially for 5star hotel

• Stayed: August 2011
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Deassy,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and for your review and for sharing your experience. I am pleased to know that you found the location of the hotel to be good, one step away from the shopping mall and cinema. Our location is certainly one of our strongest asset for the hotel especially here in Jakarta where traffic can be and nearly always is horrendous. Attached to a shopping mall gives our guests a large variety of options for eating, shopping, cinema and general things to do compared to other fine hotels in Jakarta.

I apologize that in your room there were a number of defects during your stay and that you found the cleanliness in particular not what you would expect of a five star hotel. Also you were disappointed for being charged for the breakfast for a 1.5 year old. I would just like to take this opportunity to clarify and correct some points in regards to your review.

1/ Hotel Ciputra Jakarta is a four star rated hotel not five star as mentioned
2/ Our guide lines for children staying at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta with there parents is that in a guest room we allow a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children (12 years and under) to stay with the children staying free of charge if using existing bedding in the room. Room Rates if include breakfast are for either 1 or 2 persons depending on the reservation made, children's breakfast if under 12 years of age is charged at 50% discount. This is I think a common practice amongst hotels.

However in light of your comment on this matter perhaps we will review this to ensure that we remain with the industry norm.

Thank you once again for your stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and for sharing your thoughts with us. Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have stayed in Ciputra for almost 2 months and almost felt like home after a while. I specially appreciated the staff who were always very helpful, and smiling back. Not all of them speak correct English, but the little english is good enough, specially when i was spending my day talking to almost nobody (few of my colleagues spoke freely to me, some were embarrased to speak in English). My room - non smoking floor - was high up, with a good view on busy traffic/life of Jakarta. The room was clean, and i slept well! I had a breakfast package, which was convenient for me, as

The most convenient aspect of the hotel is its location, it being next to the shopping mall makes going out, eating out at night very easy.
Having stayed there for a while, now and then, the chef would also prepare something special for me when i would request for it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2011

Dear Ms Ephemere,
Thank you for your recent "Memorable Stay" at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, we are pleased that you found everything to your liking especially as you was with us for such a long time. I am very pleased to hear that the Chef had prepared some special meals as per your request, certainly staying 2 months in a hotel, the food listed on the menu can certainly become a bit tiresome. It is a trait which we empower our staff that should there be long staying guest at hotel Ciputra Jakarta we are to ensure that they are as comfortable as if they were at home. This does not only mean for the room but also for any dietary requirements.
Thank you once again for staying at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed in the Hotel for four nights in August (08 - 12). Extremely hospitable welcome and ever smiling service. We stayed at the 15th floor, non smoking. The view from the room was very good. The fitness centre was well equipped and used by me. Although I would have hoped for mineral water to be supplied there - but that's a small inconvenience. The Ciputra mall adjacent and Central Park malls all added to fun of our stay and we shopped till late evening for good bargains - Ramajan sales were on. The B'fast spread was good and wholesome. Lovely service too. Our only problem was that we are vegetarians and on that count the hotel has very limited fare to offer. Hope they introduce some Indian vegetarian food in their menu considering so many Indians are using the hotel (at least during our stay) and Indian food is finding very wide acceptance everywhere. Would love to go back to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yvpmanoj
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Dear Yvpmanoj,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to your liking. Your review of the hotel was pleasing to read and we appreciate your comments on how we can improve. You particularly mentioned providing mineral water in the Gym as well as providing Indian Vegetarian cuisine would have made your stay even more enjoyable. Your comments are noted and already forwarded to the Food & Beverage Department.
Thank you once again for your stay and we also would love you to come back again in the near future.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I've just checked out of this hotel today after 2 nights short stay. Here's my verdict, based on it's 4 stars rating and past reviews, you judge for yourself.

Pros:

1) location is not bad as it's considered closer to the airport, and is connected to a big shopping mall.

2) breakfast quite good, wide selections and tasty.

Now, here are the bad's (what I it's unacceptable for a 4 star hotel):

1) my family of 4, stayed in 2 delux rooms on 11th floor. In my room, the safe was not working due to flat battery, so I had to keep my valuables in my sister's room, but the safe in her room was infested with cockroach! In fact they must be living there for quite a while as we could see they in the bathroom too!

2) I booked the rooms online, on arrival I found the room charges were higher, it took a while for their e-commerce department officer to come out for an explanation, then on check out the rates were again even higher, this time they claimed that it's their book keeping ex-change rate! So I ended up paying almost 17% more than my presumed rate, this is just not right for a 4 star hotel, is it?

Anyway, to many past satisfied clients I might be the only one who's complaining, but what I mentioned here are all true experience I got from my stay, maybe it's just my bad luck...?!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Ice2cube
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Dear ice2cube,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta and for posting a review. I am disappointed to hear that you was "not impressed, I should have booked elsewhere" and do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We take note of your comments for our improvement in providing a better product and more professional service to our guests. I am pleased that you had two positive points and that you found our location not bad and breakfast quite good, wide selection and tasty.
I am perturbed to hear that you found cockroaches in your safe, we do apologize for this and will ensure that we ensure a more thorough cleaning procedure is implemented to ensure this does not happen again.
Your point 2, I would like to clarify, i do apologize once more that you felt the service received was not correct for a four star hotel, on checking your reservation was made on line, 2 Deluxe Rooms, 2 nights, 2 Adults + 1 child per room, Last Minute Offer, USD$108 per room per night plus tax and service at grand total of $262.82 per room for 2 nights all inclusive. Room rate included extra bed for child and you gave credit card to guarantee reservation. On arrival you requested to change your reservation as 1 room the child did not require extra bed. my associate offered a ramadan package of USD99 nett / inclusive of tax's for two night stay = $188 a saving of $74.82 per room. Your room bill showed a Rp charge of Rp 871,220 per night / per room which at our book keeping rate of USD$1 = Rp 8,800 equals a room rate of $99 as was discussed and confirmed. On check out you noticed our foreign exchange rates displayed by law at our front desk cashier, this exchange rate is for our guests who wish to exchange foreign currency cash, the rate displayed is far less than what it is available at money changers, this is standard practice for hotels it is also not a rate used for book keeping which is also standard practice for international hotels, foreign exchange is always different than book keeping rates. My staff had explained this to you on departure and we do apologize that this was not made clearer and that you felt that you paid almost 17% more, this is not the case when in fact we gave a saving of +/- 28% from your original booking on line.
I do apologize for this long reply and clarification and also for again not meeting your expectations. I do hope that we can be able to accommodate you again at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta. Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Reviewed 7 August 2011

The hotel is nicely located in Jakarta, has an attached mall which is very convenient. The staffs are generally polite and service oriented. We had an internet connection issue in the room and the team who attended to us was excellent.

The executive lounge is great and the staffs are extremely friendly.

However, the overall experience was not completely pleasant.

Problem#1 During our check-in, we wanted to upgrade to the executive floor, and the process was simply disastrous. That first point of contact to the hotel was a major failure for hospitality. We were asked to wait, and after 45mins of waiting, we had to go back and ask for the status. Terrible front office service, especially so for customers who want to upgrade to a high tier room!

Problem #2, there are mosquito larvae in the toilet. Source appears to be from the main tank which is even worse. The saving grace is that at least the shower and tap do not have larvae coming out. What's terrible is that sometimes what comes out are mature larvae and we had 2 which happened to have emerged into adult mosquitoes. Completely ruins the perfectness of the room.

We may come back if the mosquito problem is resolved.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jasonyzs88
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear Jasonyzs8,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of Hotel Ciputra Jakarta. "There's Room for improvement" is noted and I very much agree, in our industry it is a constant search for ways to improve our product and level of service, we must always strive and continue to improve. Your comments in regards to the hotel's location, attached to a mall, staff polite and service orientated, IT staff helpful, Executive Lounge great, service friendly etc are all pleasing to hear and I am pleased that we met your expectations there. I do understand that your stay was "not completely pleasant" and in particular you mentioned two points, It is not easy for me to reply accurately on these as we are unaware of your exact stay at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta as well as what name your reservation was made under. If you care to contact me directly on my email address, gmhcj@hotelciputrajakarta.com I would be pleased to follow up and give a more complete reply to these points. Briefly in regards to point 1, your delay in receiving confirmation of an upgrade room may be due to the fact that room availability was a problem, room readiness? or perhaps your mode of room booking was via an online travel agent, where it is required to check the various rate packages? Still it is not pleasant to be kept waiting and we do apologize for this, we certainly could handle it much better. Point 2, we do apologize that this had occurred, it certainly is a very rare event and a isolated case, this occurrence can only be explained by a mis - treatment in our waste water management. We do apologize that you had experienced this un-pleasantness. I look forward to hearing from you to enable me to give a more clearer explanation on your points.
Kind regards, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Reviewed 30 July 2011

this hotel is one of the best hotel serfce in the worled becouse they have great people realy care about customer

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
hcjmanagerJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Dear Malharkan,
Thank you for your recent review of Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, I am pleased that you found the hotel to provide the "best service in the world" and that you found our employees "care about customers" it certainly is very pleasing to hear such comments. We certainly hope that Hotel Ciputra Jakarta would be your preferred choice of accommodation on your next visit to the city.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta

Reviewed 30 July 2011

The Ciputra Hotel is part of a shopping mall complex, so that gives you plenty to do! Rooms are good with all the mod-cons one expects. Staff are well trained, speak good english and always willing to serve. For the junk food lover, there is a wide selection in the shopping mall that can acces directly from the Hotel Lobby! Located half way between the airport and the city centre, lot's of taxi's always on standby!
I would reccoment this to anyone visiting Jakarta, be it business or pleasure.

Room Tip: A smile and polite attitude will help you get the best room!
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Dear AsiaspecialistNL,
Thank you for your recent review of Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, we are glad that you had found everything to your liking during your stay. In particular you mentioned "Great Value", "Great Location" "Well Trained Staff". It is very pleasing to hear such comments in regards to Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, we certainly hope that Hotel Ciputra Jakarta would be your first choice for accommodation needs on your next visit to the city. Thank you again for your review.
Yours sincerely, Darren Earle, General Manager, Hotel Ciputra Jakarta.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Hotel Ciputra Cibubur
Hotel Menara Peninsula
#90 of 464 in Jakarta
Tanah Abang
Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta

Been to Hotel Ciputra Jakarta? Share your experiences!