All reviews satu lagi international school hero supermarket privilege club three bedroom apartment small kitchen single room long stay apartment hotel big swimming pool lovely pool kids playground couple of nights bit dated room service bad traffic toll road
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Located in Terogong near Pondok Indah. The hotel area was very large. It has 2 towers and one big swimming pool, also taxi services. The room was very good and clean. The staffs was friendly. The food was quite ok. There are a lot of foreigners in the hotel area. Recommended for family or business stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
KristalJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Kristal Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Dear Guestmember2017,

Warmest greetings from Kristal Hotel.

Thank you for your positive review. My team and I are very pleased that you had a good experience staying with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

great pool, good food, great services, comfy bed spacious room (i stayed in studio suite).

but.. i think u might need to upgrade your selection on breakfast choices.. its kinda limited...

all and all.. it was good experience...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
KristalJakarta, Manajer Umum at Hotel Kristal Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear rangga p,

Thank you for your review. My team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding
our breakfast choices, I will review with my team to improve on the variety. Looking forward to your
next stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I stayed in Kristal hotel for 3 nights in March 2018. Hotel facilities are acceptable but still lot of works needs to be done to manage an international hotel.Reception Desk staff are not such a smiling ones.House keeping is below average. I think just the guards do their job well. Breakfast was good and acceptable. The location is far far away from downtown and you need to spend about 2 hour reaching your destination considering heavy traffic and motorbikes raid.Overall evaluation is average.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear hossein f,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. Your comments on our reception desk staff
are noted and we have brief our team on our policy to provide warm services. My team and I have also
reviewed our housekeeping team to ensure that we maintain a good standard of cleanliness. I am happy
to learn that you find our security well and that you enjoyed our breakfast. As for our location, we are
located in the south Jakarta thus travelling to the downtown area will take an hour to two hours
depending on traffic and time of day. Thank you again for your feedbacks so that we may improve our
operations. I look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

We went to Hotel Kristal for the IASAS Swimming event held this year in Jakarta. The hotel is conveniently located about a 5 minute (or less) walk to the high school. I think the thing that kind of shocked me was how much security there was in Jakarta and the hotel does take the security quite seriously...they checked for bombs under the car, in the engine compartment and in the trunk of the car. After a few times going into the hotel all of this became fairly routine...and it makes you happy they actually do take the effort to check...

Before we checked into our room, the desk actually allowed us to visit rooms from the old building and the new building. The older building had more of a musty humid smell to it (we noticed the furniture was older as well)...because of this we opted for the newer building which smelled better and had cleaner furniture. I just had a foot operation at the beginning of the year so they gave me a handicap room which although not completely necessary...it was nice.

The room was quite large ! We had 1 master bedroom with a king size bed, 1 smaller bedroom with a twin, a living room and a full kitchen (refrigerator, stove, microwave, water fountain, sink...) We didn't use the kitchen so I didn't really check for pots, pans, glasses, cups, or bowls...)

Over-all the room was really nice...I think because it was the handicap room, it probably had not been used (or cleaned in a while). The tables were dusty (with a noticeable layer of dust when I removed the magazines from the desk). I could live with this given I normally kind of sanitize my hotel room anyway before I settle in.

One of the things we had to keep requesting was towels and toilet paper. You would think the maid service would provide a whole set of towels...after the first day of cleaning we did in our room (we used the hand towels and face towels to clean)...the next day after we showered, they only replaced our shower towels (for the remainder of the 4 days we were there). One day I asked for 2 big towels and 2 face towels..2 rolls of toilet paper...I got the big towels and toilet paper...but still no face towels...but that may have been a communication issue...so I could live without face towels.

We ordered room service for a couple of nights...

The first night, we ordered 2 California rolls, Pad Thai Noodles, Hainan Chicken Rice, Chicken Teriyaki, Classic Caesar Salad...The California rolls were good, Pad Thai was very spicy, Hainan Chicken rice was okay. Chicken Teriyaki was fried chicken with a burnt tasting teriyaki sauce.

The second night I ordered the Classic Caesar Salad, Saigon Fresh Spring Rolls, California Rolls, Gado Gado, Pho (beef), and Salmon Teriyaki.

Of all the food we tried, we only liked the California rolls, Classic Caesar Salad, Saigon Fresh Spring Rolls. The first night, it took over 1 hour for the food to arrive (order early...they get busy and it takes a while to deliver the food).

Comments on some of the food:
Pad Thai noodles were REALLY spicy. I know Indonesians like spicy food but maybe not all hotel guests like spicy food. Maybe spicy sauce on the side or something.

Chicken Teriyaki was fried and greasy and the teriyaki sauce had a burnt taste to it. Disappointing because this is one of my favorite dishes to eat when traveling.

Gado Gado I had mixed reviews...the first time I tried it was in your Orchid restaurant. I liked it (although the chicken was really hard...almost like soaked beef jerky hard...but I thought maybe that is the way it's supposed to be...) The second time we tried it with room service...the chicken was not hard...so did I get served old chicken the first time?
The second time, the Gado Gado was extremely salty. Consistency in the recipe is not there.

Salmon Teriyaki - This was extremely over-cooked...dry dry dry dry...I mean really dry...along with the kind of burnt tasting teriyaki sauce...it made this dish a disaster. I'm not a professional chef by trade...but I do love cooking. I could see that your salmon was cooked on all sides but should not be. It should be prepared like this:
Heat oil on high fire, dry salmon completely, place on pan (immediately reduce heat to medium), It should only be cooked on the skin side...then flip the salmon over for about 15-20 seconds after temperatures below have been reached....ideally about 50C as it will continue to cook after it leaves to pan.
At 110 (43.3°C) to 125°F (51.6°C) your salmon is medium rare.
At 125°F (51.6°C) to 140°F (60°C) you are medium to well-done
At 140°F (60°C) and above, This is when salmon is dry and chalky tasting...this is what you served.

In summary, over-all, I was fairly happy with the hotel room and guest services. I can understand that they are maybe conserving on water and don't want to wash a million towels...toilet paper would be nice to constantly have in the room without asking (housekeeping needs to have a check list of things to maintain in the room)...a little dust I can easily clean. The food is where the hotel could use improvement. It really could be a GREAT hotel with the swimming pool and other facilities...make the food great and people will love the hotel.

Room Tip: I was in room 1102. It was a nice room...but a handicap room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Combatfisher
KristalJakarta, General Manager at Hotel Kristal Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

Dear Combatfisher,

Thank you for writing your review.

In regards to your inputs on the quality of our food, I apologise that some of our dishes were not consistent and the quality was lacking. We are currently reviewing our recipes to ensure that we provide good quality dishes and we are re-training our team to ensure that we maintain our consistency. Thank you for your constructive inputs and I assure you that we will be taking steps to make the necessary improvements.

As for the inconsistency in the room amenities, it is our standard to replace all towels and toilet paper after they are used. I apologise that my staff did not perform according to our standard procedures. We have reviewed with the team concerned and will be conducting re-training to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you for your valuable inputs so that my team and I are able to review and make improvements to our operations. In your next visit, you will be able to experience the improvements.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Several times passing this hotel from the street, last new year eve I was booked this hotel for my mom and brother to celebrate new year

First impression, this hotel is not a new hotel, described from the entrance gate and the building architecture

Entering the lobby, i feel like back to 90s since the design is really oldschool but it's maintained

Check in was ok, reception was friendly and also i can feel the warmth of Indonesian Hospitality.

Entering the room, this room was really good for a family visit. Quite big, has a pantry and quite big bathroom

I think this hotel is recommended for a longstay visit and family purpose since they have a good facility to enjoy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 6 Stub App Smartphone

Dear stvtraveller,

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a good stay with us. I hope to welcome you back again soon.