Melia Purosani(Yogyakarta)
US$35
US$24
US$21
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$28/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Yes it is cheap, probably the cheapest around the area but it does not mean they should provide a dirty room with smelly pillows, broken shower, poor breakfast and terrible service… and that's what they do.

We booked a standard room with double bed and they gave us a room with two single beds joined together by three small sheets. The room was poor and the shower was useless. You open it and water comes from the handle instead of the shower head. The pillows were old and smelly and during the night the staff were around speaking loud until late like if they were in a party.

During the day the staff were chilling on sofas in the lobby, some of them totally asleep and when we asked them for the breakfast they looked like annoyed by us… My partner kindly insisted that we were ready to have breakfast and one the staff told her to wait on one the tables. We waited for around 25 mins without getting anything so I went to speak to the manager. He was looking busy but I asked him about the breakfast and he said the staff would take care of that. So I went back to the table and waited for another 10 minutes until I got very upset and went back to the manager again. He got quite annoyed, left his office and showed us that there was another room with a table with coffee and toast… that was the breakfast and nobody could tell us before that we were waisting our time waiting for nothing.

During our stay in Mercury guest house, we were feeling unsafe and uncomfortable around the staff. They are really unfriendly, we even had stop greeting them and saying 'good bye' because they just ignored us.

In general, what I can say about this place is that you get what you pay in terms of bed and breakfast but the service and unfriendly staff make this hotel a horrible experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having stayed one night at Via Via - they were booked up the next night - I spent a couple of hours walking around all the guesthouses in the area and the Mercury was the cheapest available and much better value than any others, I stayed 2 nights here.

The staff were friendly, breakfast was fine, hot water was very hot, room was spacious and clean - plus I slept better here than anywhere else in Indonesia - didn't have any problems with the noise - I was in room 9 halfway towards the back.

The garden & breakfast area is peaceful with plenty of seating and the wifi was as good as anywhere else.

I didn't have any problems that other people seem to have had and this would be my first choice if I'm ever back in Yogyakarta

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank amckenzie
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Javanese guest house with good value and service. The staff very helpfull and friendly. The location in backpacker area, aound traditional market and you can see Javanese atmosphere. You can try free Indonesia nasi goreng at breakfast time. Mercury is my favorite guest house in Jogja :)

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank eka p
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a terrible hotel. They refused me and my friend to stay even though we had a reservation through Agoda. This was at 4am after a exhausting bus journey. When we said we had a reservation the staff were dismissive and when asked if any guests would check to allow us to stay they refused to tell us. Staff need serious lessons on customer service and basic decency

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Travelling-darren
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The first night we stayed here our room was in the courtyard, had two twin beds instead of one large bed (even though we had made our reservation three months before), a small stationary fan that couldn’t really cool the room. Walls in desperate need of cleaning, grit on the floor. And because the courtyard is close to the street we heard noise all night long.

The second day we switched rooms to a room in the back. This was much better. The room had more ventilation and a rotating fan. Much quieter over night.

Breakfast is included in the price. Breakfast consisted of some kind of rice each day (the garlic rice one morning was amazing!), toast, butter, jam, coffee or tea. They would also make any kind of egg you wanted, for a small charge.

Mercury Guest House is owned by the same people who run the more expensive Wisma Gajah Guesthouse around the corner. Because of this, guests at Mercury can use the pool at Wisma. The two properties are connected through the back. The pool was a great treat after long days of temple viewing.

Great flush toilets, toilet paper supplied, towels supplied. Their “hot” water was not very hot, but it wasn’t ice cold either.

We paid 145.000 RP (about $14)/night.

We had read the reviews about guests being robbed while staying here, so we were careful not to leave anything lying around. We had no problems at all with things missing from the room or our bags. Neither did the friends we were traveling with, or the two other families we became friendly with during our time there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple