Always start with the context of "where in the world am I" for comparative sake Sabang was at one time a remote fishing village now turned into a scuba diving location mostly for men, which the nightlife caters too. Especially Asian clientele, but of course most Filipinos speak English so Westerners do fine here too. Now with that said, this is a very nice resort, well kept, with a great staff who's worked there on average for about 10 years each. The rooms and common areas are very clean, pool is great, restaurant serves great food, and service is great too. I booked a Jr. Suite?(no breakfast?? and pricey for this town, AND the Aircon (AC) in the room didn't quite cool down the room enough and they first tried to blame me for not using the remote settings properly but that wasn't the case because day 2 it was exactly just as warm even though they said they fixed it. The internet was down for a few hours without warning while they were installing something new I think in the middle of the day, while I had important things to do. They kept saying it will work in 5 minutes but it was an hour each time. They only supply you with 2 free, small bottles of water for your entire stay instead of 2 bottles per day like most hotels, then charged me 35 pesos a bottle from the fridge. Not something I've seen from other hotels. Considering I complained about the AC and WIFI they could have thrown in some free water and maybe even breakfast one day. But that's not the staff's fault...it's the onsite owner who should have stepped up. Overall though it's a great place to stay, only 2 blocks from the downtown, waterfront which you want to be away from. Lastly, they have a GREAT DIVE SHOP of their own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera is the finest dive resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera. The waters around have been dubbed the center of the center of marine biodiversity in the world. Mermaid Resort features 40 large guest rooms and suites -- all exclusively furnished with the comforts of a modern hotel resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mermaid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mermaid Hotel Puerto Galera
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera