All reviews white beach aninuan beach junior suite relaxing weekend beach front new building dive shop lounge chairs bottled water mango water activities private boat batangas port island hopping lexy lez kayak
Reviewed October 31, 2014

This was my 2nd time in the resort. Of course, the cleanliness, ambiance and good customer service is what made me come back to this place. Nothing much has changed except for some rules (which are not there on my first visit here) and customer service that failed us. Let me be
specific with it.

Before

1. Customer service Rep always keeps us posted in case our reservation (or supposed-to-be-reservation) was given to another customer because they pay it "immediately".

Now

1. I've talked everyday to their Customer Service Rep (Lez) asking of their new room rates, availability and anything I can think of (at the moment) about the resort. We haven't
finalized our arrival date yet but we do have email exchanges since April 17, 2014. They even emailed back on Apr. 21 asking me to confirm our arrival date (May 3 or 10). I emailed back on Apr. 26 asking the name of the boat we need to ride on from Batangas Port. No reply from April 26-27. On April 28 (morning), I confirmed our arrival date of May 3-4. No reply again, resent email on Apr. 29 morning and got a reply from them saying that the rooms we want is
already been booked! And will be available only on May 10. I freaked out! Bcoz my family are all excited about our trip and getting ready their things that time! My sister is even asking his boss for a leave on a Friday to pack her and her son's things up. That's the time I called the resort, expressing my disappointment and frustrations with them! And the only explanation they have is bcoz they received a call from another customer on Monday night and "immediately paid" the rooms (rooms that we booked also) right there and then. I'm really dissatisfied and upset with what happened. I understand that it is still business and their main concern
is their business profit but they should at least informed me thru text or email that they already gave the rooms we want, to those who pay it first. In that case, we could adjust our time to find another resort to go to. But instead they offer us another date (May 10). And since its summer season-its hard to find another resort in that short period of time, so we agree to go there on May 10.

And due to the inconvenience they have caused us, they give Php500/each off on the 2 rooms we have booked. Though we are grateful for the discount given, it still doesn't justify the behavior they have showed us.It gives us the impression that "money" is their priority instead of their customers.

Before

2. Customer service Rep usually emails us our booking confirmation, days before our arrival date which helps us more to calculate the time we need to leave our home.

Now

2. They only emailed me our booking confirmation around 5PM-day before our check-in. Which results to our next complaint.

Before

3. The first time we went there, we arrived before their check-in time which is at 2PM. And the staff willingly let us in to our room "without extra charge". I really really love how they treat their customers! very professional, caring and I feel like I am always welcome!

Now

3. Since I don't have the chance to see their booking confirmation (and didn't thought that they are strictly observing now their check-in time of 2PM), we left our house early in the morning. We arrived at the resort by 10AM. I thought they will let us in to our room so we can rest but they didn't! They told us that they are strictly enforcing their check-in time of 2PM. It would have been ok for us if their customer service let us know before we go there so we would not wait that long! It would take only less than 2minutes to inform me thru text! So, we waited til its 2PM...Since my family is so tired and want to have some rest before going to the beach, by 1PM I asked their front desk officer (Lez) if we can enter our room now (since its only an hour before their check-in time), unfortunately, they didn't permit us again! And told us that they are still cleaning the room we have booked. Out of curiosity, I checked our room, and I thought that I would see people cleaning it, but to my dismay, there are no people there. The room is closed. So, I didn't insist anymore. We waited til its 2PM. I was disappointed bcoz I discovered that they just didn't let us in to our room bcoz they are strictly enforcing their 2PM check-in! Not only did they lied to us but we arrive there very early, a little courtesy to their 2nd time customer would have been better!

I am just disappointed with what happened with this resort. It made me feel that their customers will only be a priority if you have the money to pay them. It was their service before that made me go back here but it was gone now.

I would still recommend this resort for their beautiful view, very clean surroundings and a privacy you want. However, customer service is not that good anymore. I hope they could read this and do some actions on how to improve their services.

Room Tip: Make sure you have enough money once you have the decided to booked with this resort. They prioritize customers who can pay it ASAP.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank rain_23
Reviewed October 9, 2014

If you are looking for a perfect place to stay in Puerto Galera, this the right one. A place situated 5-10 minutes away from the busy, crowded, and noisy white beach. You will in love by the view as the beach resort has a beautiful sunset and, of course, white sand. You can just sit and read in any place as the place is so relaxing. Wonderful furniture, restaurant/bar is a little bit pricey but worth it because it is sooo palatable, staffs are nice and helpful - just ask them what you need, the owner entertains the guest, facilities for kids and adult, free use of table tennis, gym, swimming pool, beach volleyball, life vest and kayak. The beach resort also offers jet ski, scuba diving etc. The room is good and clean, everything is clean and well taken care of. My boyfriend and I do the kayaking during the sunrise, which adds up to our romantic moment. Hihi. If you're looking for a night life, you can walk to reach the crowded white beach. (Note: walk with company because the street has no sufficient light yet). If you're going back to Manila, they offer transfer to port. We'll definitely go back here. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2014

We prebooked the room as our first destination of our honeymoon and were so pleased! The place is a lkttle bit of a hole and a pain to get to but the moretravel the more peaceful and untouched th beachs. The pictures posted here really capture what it looks and feels like. Food was yummy roooms were decarated with flowers every morning. The staff was the best we have ever seen! Kinda like cute shy puppies following you around making sure you have everything you neeed. Towls, lights, umbrella, sun umbrella, mascito candle under chair and more! Best bar tender Lez who stayed up talking to us and a super entertaining person who we are sure will find the love of his life soon! The beach was like a big yummy bath with beautiful sea 1life. Its nice because the resort is separate from the white beach area which is kinda ofplain but is walking distance.
We cant help compairing every place we go to to this amazing and tasteful resort.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace R
Reviewed September 14, 2014

We stayed there over a long weekend coming in from Manila. It is an hour drive to the ferry and a nice easy 1 and a half hour crossing landing right in front of the hotel.
Porters greet you and take your bags and you are well taken care of from there on in.
Lots of chairs to watch the beautiful sunset. The owners are always about and interacting to make sure that your needs are met.
Rooms are clean and air conditioned. Food is good quality. Nice pool and a nice reef a short swim from the beach to snorkel around.
The hotel is expensive but from what I heard it is the best around so if money is not an issue, book it. We went with friends who stayed at places that cost a quarter of what we paid and they enjoyed their stay equally as much.
We will go back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2014

It was my first time to Puerto Galera. The place is easily reached by taking the minolo boat from batangas pier and they have a shuttle to take you to the resort. I was not to convinced by my daughter's choice but it turned out very good. I presume the place is being used for shooting local movies or television shows. It provides a good shot of the sunset. The place is so private and the ameneties are really good. Good place for pictures of the beach. The pool was well maintained and for the first time also, i went for a swim. There is a mini bar at one end of the pool and the attendants are well versed in English. Most of the guests are espats and from what i heard among the crowd, they spend long weekends with families here and most of them stay near alabang or south of manila so the place becomes accessible. The food is good, hotel quality and thus hotel priced; the cocktails adn selection of drinks in the bar are superb. Bringing in of food and beverage is not allowed.They have activities for children/kids and the parents can freely let them play around. They are also responding to requests promptly. This is a place to be to spend time away from the busy city life.

Room Tip: rooms in the new wing are better and modern. the old wing are quite rustic though. wifi is available in the commn areas, bar and dining.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family