US$44
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

Squares Beachside Apartments(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$41
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Beachfront
Oceana Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$47
De Luna Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$32
  • Breakfast included
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Pool
Amami Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$59
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Steps Garden Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$42
Orbitz.com
US$48
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewswhite beachaninuan beachjunior suiterelaxing weekendbeach frontnew buildingdive shoplounge chairsbottled watermangowater activitiesprivate boatbatangas portisland hoppinglexylezkayak
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Modern beach hotel in poluted neighbourhood. The rooms are simple, clean but sterile bathroom, loud aircon. Very simple breakfast, the restaurant serves same western evergreens and badly cooked philippine dishes. The staff is attentive, but you always feel an atmosphere of fear towards the brash owner of the hotel. Some guests bring local hookers to the hotel. Nice : the small beachstrip infront of the hotel and the sunsets.
No value for money.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
15  Thank weiss_berlin
Reviewed June 20, 2010

My family has been to Sunset at least 7 times now over the last 3 years. We keep going back because we know that we can count on Lexi and her staff to make our stay an amazing experience. Lexi always has something new that brightens up her already beautiful grounds; whether it be a new item on an already delicious and generously sized menu, or newly upholstered cushions, newly decorated dining area, expanded bar....you name it, she's done it in the last few years that we've known her! Her staff love my kids, ages 8,5 and 3, and we always feel welcome. We love that she is strict with her guests in that she doesn't allow foolishness (ie bringing your own kitchen and taking over the place) and makes everyone feel like they are the only guests there! Her personal attention is freely given! The place is very family friendly, but not adverse to couples or honeymooners, as my newly married cousin happily discovered!

1  Thank umgoebel
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Amazing place. Fantastic service & peaceful location. The owner makes sure that everyone is well looked after and Lez and the girls are very attentive. Great weather this year too! I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank JL12345
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My family of four with 2 teenagers and an extended families of 4+1+1 had a wonderful time at Aninuan. Thanks to Tripadvisor (again) for the good ratings and reviews. The location was the best. I was a regular at Puerto Galera during my younger days (20 odd years ago) and used to rough it. Now with a family and of course a little bit older, the resort was the best place for a quiet, comfortable, clean and relaxing holiday. The sunsets, oh those incredibly beautiful sunsets, were simply the best. We stayed for 4 nights and every night the sunsets were spectacular.

The service was tops as well, starting from the most hospitable owner, Lexy. I don't normally write reviews but I owe this to Lexy for making our holiday a memorable one. The rest of the staff were great and very attentive especially Nilo who was always shifting the sun umbrellas for us!

The other advantage of the resort was that no peddlers were allowed on site, a big plus if you're looking for some quiet time and privacy of course. The set up of the resort, with lots of lounge chairs and hammocks, made it more homely. The white clean beach was also a big plus, with the corals not too far away.

The resort also organised day trips for us which were highly recommended. The first one was the half day beach hopping and snorkeling, reasonably priced (P1200) for a group of 5 on the resort's boat. The second was a day trip inland to the waterfalls, a must to do for a reasonable price (P900pp) as well including a delicious lunch. We were a big group so the prices were discounted.

I have already recommended the resort to my friends especially to all my Facebook friends who commented on the place and the sunsets.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

We've been to a lot of resorts and we never expected that we would find a place like this in Puerto Galera (PG). Since we want to save time and airfare, we opted to visit Sunset at Aninuan because of the great reviews we read here in TripAdvisor (thank you!). Words will not be enough to describe our experience in Sunset, since this was one of the best vacations we had so far with our children.

We stayed in the superior suite of the new wing for a couple of days which has the perfect spot of the sunset and the beach view. My kids were never bored because kayak and beach toys were available for free. The room was spacious and clean. The food was good and reasonable for its resort-price. We always took our breakfast and lunch beside the beach which surprisingly was not too hot even under the heat of the sun probably because of the sea breeze.

The most unforgettable experience about this place is their excellent service. I think its more personalized and everyone's very thoughtful They find the time to know their guests and treats them very well. My husband and I had a great massage (thanks to Tess!) for a very good price.

After posting our photos in Facebook, I received a lot of great comments and queries on this place because the photos show that it was close to being in paradise (based on the comments).

I highly recommend this place for family, friends who wants to bond and for honeymooners. You'll experience the kind of sanctuary and peace that you need most especially if you're a busy person. Star gazing at night while drinking wine, watching the sunset, having your own quiet time beside the beach or hearing the seawaves while relaxing in a good massage is perfect for this place. Even with the company of our li'l children, we enjoyed the serenity of the place because our kids just played by themselves with the resort's beach toys.

Opportunities for Improvement:
(1) Name tags for the personnel so we can remember to extend our gratitude to special people who give great service like Lez, Philip, Noel, Tess, Nimfa and the rest.
(2) Consistency in the supply of good towels in the room (not old and faded ones).
(3) Swimming pool facility