“Sexy Lex, made it the most enjoyable”

Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Happened to stumble onto the place as the adjacent beach (White Bch) was a circus with backpackers, karaoke and bargirls that littered the beach, I was coming from Thailand, so didn't really want to par-take in that crowd. I had no shower as was stuck on the mainland pier all night cuz no boats running, also felt like crap cuz had the flu, cold, whatever, and kinda just stumbled up onto the Sunset. Someone pointed me to the Filipina owner, her name was Lexy and I inquired on room rates, I said thanks, but more than I wanted to spend and started to walk away, but Lexy she said wait, you look like hell, and showed me the beach room which was very nice and gave it to me for half price which is still more than I would have spent being frugal, conservative and cheap will you. I never paid for anything till my check out and when I did, I was all too happy to give my credit card as it was absolutely a great stay, cost and all. Food was great, service was excellant, beach was spotless, nobody else around, they catered whatever I needed. The other guests were like friends and Lex's friends were no different. We all drank wine, ate, bar hopped, pizza, chased girls, ladyboys whatever, it was all part of the fun. I dont like to go to resorts when I travel as they are for others, not me, I own a small hotel in Thailand. But after those two days, I just might be tempted to make it a special occasion event from time to time and indulge, and rest assured will certainly visit the Sunset Bch Grill on my future trip to White Bch at Puerto Galera in the Philippines. C-Ya then Sexy Lexy!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank falangkeynok

Reviewed 30 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at Sunset at Aninuan for 4 nights in September 2010 (apologies for the delay in writing this review!). I honestly can say this is one of the best resorts I have stayed at - the location is fantastic, truely beachfront, the hospitality offered by the staff is great and there are plenty of activities to be done in the area.
Lexy, the owner of the resort is very friendly and always made sure we had what we needed during our stay - this also goes for all other staff at the resort.

The hotel is situated on a quiet private beach for those who like to have a peaceful and relaxing holiday but in saying that White Beach is only a 5 minutes motorcycle ride way for those days when you want to go out to the bars and restaurants in the area.
We went to Aninuan falls which was a bit of a trek so make sure you wear proper shoes and prepare yourselves for a long walk! - the swim at the end made it worth it.
We also went to Sabang a couple of times for massages etc - it takes around 45 min by motorcycle - personally we didn't think much of Sabang - there is no proper beach there (nothing you would want to swim in anyway).

Near the hotel there is a beautiful coral reef and the snorkeling is great - the hotel provides snorkeling gear. They also provide kayaks etc.

Food - if you are a pancake lover you need to try the pancakes at the hotel - they are huge and absolutely delicious! - I had them every morning!

Overall a very good experience - we enjoyed our stay very much and will be going back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChugsHK
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We came to Sunset for 2 days and ended up staying 3. Lexie and her great staff made us feel at home. All the staff is so friendly all the time and all your needs are fulfilled before you actually have time to say anything. It always look like the staff are 1 instant ahead of you.
Lexie, the owner treats you like your own family and makes sure all the guests end up socializing together.

Everything is just right there and if you stay at sunset, there is no need to go anywhere else. The water is warm, the beach sparkling clean, all the water or land activities are just a wish away...

We would recommend The Sunset if you want to spend some relaxing time with your partner or with kids as it is very children friendly. The kids are easy to wathc and the staff is always ready to help.

The food is surely the best you can find in Puerto. Simple, but yet, delicious. It is like home cooking and the chef is ready to accomodate you if needed.

We will definitely go there again and again, hopefully very soon...

Bruno and Marie Ann

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bh1966
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Had a FATASTIC time despite a "Super Typhoon".
Nice clean, tidy & comfortable room right on the beach, great food, other guests were very friendly making for a brilliant atmosphere.
Our host, Lexy, and her great staff were so much fun and did everything possible to make sure everybody was happy.
Great value!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank IanY60
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Aninuan Beach resort is very peacefull place for couples or single travellers. Staff is very kind and helpfull. If you dont want go out from this resort, its ok because you find everything what you need in resort. If you like nightlife, white beach is near for that. I can easily recommend that place to stay. :)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Samp0
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Planning a weekend trip wasn't easy. Especially when you've got limited time and the weather to think about. But our weekend at sunset at Aninuan was beyond our expectation. We literally forgot about time and had a great weather over our heads during our stay.
We booked a deluxe room, and as discussed on reservation, it was only a few meters to the water.
It was quaint, and clean. I like their outdoor restaurant where we had all our meals. Their bar hut serving the best mango shakes on the planet!
We used their kayaks, and like told, it's complimentary.
My partner loved snorkeling, and was really grateful of the reef they have nearby. The long strip of beach was ideal for just walking along the shore during sunsets. The incredible way the sun set made us feel really invigorated. Aside from the sea, we love the little river flowing with fresh water that when meeting the salt water giving you a luke warm temperature.
The resort's staff and Lexy, the owner were truly accommodating. Since we were the only guests, we asked the staff to join us for drinks on our last night and we really had great fun, it's like we were with long-time friends.
We didn't feel any uneasiness because everybody was simply hospitable.
It was hard to leave the island and the people we learned to mingle with.

Now, we learned that we shouldn't worry about time and weather. Sunset at Aninuan in Puerto Galera gave us a weekend trip we'll never forget.
We can't wait for the next long weekend!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mel_tag10
Reviewed 15 September 2010

My fiancée and I recently spent two weeks at Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort in August 2010, and to sum up our stay in just one word, it would have to be "AMAZING." The grounds were immaculately kept, as well as the rooms, tiki bar, and recreation area. The views were breathtaking (unbelievable sunsets each night), and the atmosphere was extremely peaceful and relaxing. But the best part about our stay was the ultra-friendly and attentive staff. From the moment we arrived, they were at our beckon call. If we needed anything at all, it was delivered immediately (sometimes before we even asked). Lexy's staff was one big happy family, and they instantly made us feel like part of their family too. In the two weeks we were there, we never saw a staff member without a huge, friendly smile on his or her face. Lexy (the owner) even took time out of her busy schedule to take us on a private waterfall hike, and unselfishly invited us into her "home." While I have traveled extensively and stayed at many 4- and 5-star resorts, I must say, this was by far the best place I've ever stayed in terms of hospitality, friendliness, and ambience. We have made friends for life with Lexy and her staff, and we will definitely return for many years to come!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple