All reviews bed dorm guys running free sunset trivia night free shots drinking games social atmosphere fantastic sunset air con island hopping good size high tide stayed longer places in el nido common areas private room comfortable beds
Reviewed April 29, 2018

Outpost is the best place to stay in El Nido! You are living on the beach and the staff provides free shots every sunset! They also have fun events every night. We were able to catch Trivia Night. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. It was very easy to meet new people. Drinks are only served until 10 pm, which is fine because everyone takes a tricycle to go to town (50-100 pesos). It was harder to get a tric back for 50 pesos to come back to Outpost.

We stayed in a 5 person private room. Rooms were made every day. There are also wooden cabinets underneath your bunk if you need to store anything. Bring a lock.

We also booked both tours A/B and C/D. Great tour guides who bring you to secret private spots. We had a whole beach to ourselves at one point. Tour A/B is more relaxing. C/D included more snorkeling and swimming. I recommend booking tours with Outpost if you want a younger crowd. They also helped us book motorbikes for the day to go to Nacpan Beach.

The guys running Outpost really put in the work to make an incredible place. They did this place right! I was very shocked how nice this place was and how great the food was. Special shout out to Anderson.

I booked 3 nights at Outpost and 2 nights at Spin Hostel. Spin is clean but the vibes cannot compare to Outpost. If I could do it again, I would book my entire stay at Outpost!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lillianhua
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

I don’t even know where to begin with this place.

I arrived around Sunset, which is definitely the most breathtaking time of day. I have never stayed somewhere so up close and personal to the water, especially not in an environment like this. I knew immediately I had made the right choice. As the sun goes down, the entire hostel does a free shot together, which is a lot of fun and definitely gets a good vibe going.

Upon check in, I was warmly greeted by Levi behind reception, who helped me carry my bags to my room. The beds are super comfy, and everyone has an easily accessible plug and light.

After I was cleaned up and settled in (the bathrooms are clean, and the water pressure in the showers is awesome), I went downstairs for some food. Outpost’s pizza is amazinnnnnng. I ate here several more times on my trip, and everything was super delicious. The sisig breakfasts (especially the monk fish) were especially memorable.

I booked tours A/B and C/D through Outpost for a much better rate than anything I saw in town. The tours are epically beautiful and run by a really fun and attentive staff. Jay and AJ were super helpful after I knicked my knee and helped me clean it up on the boat. They were also knowledgable about the area. William and Jay climbed the coconut trees and got us a treat—I had never seen anyone peal a coconut like that! Epic. The food on the tour was also probably the best Filipino food I had in El Nido.

At night back at Outpost the vibe was awesome, friendly people and hilarious staff. Yuki and Teddy gave me great advice on places to visit in town, while Dennis, Bobby, and Paul were always around to make sure people were smiling and having a good time. Jeff, Anderson, Levi and Darren were also super friendly and helpful.

Words honestly aren’t enough to describe what a stunningly beautiful place this is—staying at Outpost made a once in a lifetime trip that much more memorable. Thanks guys, and I’ll definitely be back one day!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Monica S
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

They best hostel. Made my trip to El Nido, ended up extending twice as just couldn’t leave. All the staff are amazing and so funny, they create an amazing atmosphere where you feel at home. Very sad to leave, will definitely make it back at some point.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2018

Great food, amazing atmosphere and really helpful enthusiastic staff. Rooms were clean as were toilets and showers to a high degree for what you'd expect of a hostel. Absolutely beautiful sunsets each night as well as a good range of activities to do from here in the day - boat tour, kayaking, zipwire, trips to other beaches; staff are really good at booking and advising with these.
Anderson is an absolute legend!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2018

I purposely didn't book at Outpost when reading the reviews online coz I was looking for a hostel which is not that crazy with parties - I instantly regretted not staying there after stopping by a few times to visit a friend. The ambiance is great and just the vibe is more welcoming. It wasn't just the party, but the staff were just really genuinely warm and accommodating without being obtrusive.

The vibe is just really great. Oh the food is bomb, too!
Shout-out to Bencel and the rest of crew!! Keep doing what you're doing!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo