All reviews tea and coffee ceiling fan hot shower place to stay lobby pesos vans internet curtains princesa toilet electricity
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

The place is clean and well organised. Staff is friendly and professional. Had a good shower and other basics such as soaps, towels, coffee and snacks.

It has fair price and fits perfectly for night stay.

-The internet was not working whatsoever.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We had three rooms in this place. All the beds were double and were relatively comfortable. There was air conditioning, a fan, good tv service as well as a pretty decent bathroom (bear in mind that the water heating is solar powered.) The staff were very friendly and the lobby was kept clean. They were very helpful when we were trying to organise the vans and a trip to nacpan beach as well.

It is easy to get to the town centre, maybe a 5 minute tricyle ride. Unfortunately we did not get good views, but for a decent price, we didn't mind. And there was more to see during the tours anyway.

I did find the room decor a little garish. Bright yellow walls in quite a poorly lit room, but this is all bearable. There is wifi, but you'll be lucky to get a decent connection.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2017

I like the location. it's some ways off el nido beach, which for me was fine because downtown can get really crowded. it's a good place to recharge after a tiring day doing the island hopping tours. There are still a few restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance.The room was clean, if a bit on the small side. our room had a balcony to dry your clothes, but it didn't have a good view because it was right next to another hotel. The staff was friendly and offered their own island hopping tours. The internet connection was slow, but that's to be expected; El Nido being far from the city center. Overall, it's good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Citrine is a nice place to stay if you are like me, looking for the 4 C's, Clean, Cool, Courteous, and Convenient. The lodge is right next door to the owners so its almost an extension of their own house. The family room we stayed in was nice and cool, it was on the roof top, we had a spectacular view and we could dry our clothes. The staff were extremely friendly, especially Ms. Buen, she was very courteous, helpful, and funny, I am very particular about customer service oriented establishments, and Citrine is all that. Its also convenient coz its in front of a motorbike rental, pharmacy and mini mart stores and restaurants. I would recommend anybody to stay here, its also very affordable.Thank you Citrine for the very warm welcome, you made our stay very memorable.

Room Tip: Stay on roof top rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

The staff are lovely but there aren't any lovely sea views and a bit of a concrete jungle. They booked my tours and van and allowed me to pay for everything by credit card which was useful. I booked a 4pm van which didn't leave El Nido until 6pm - I wish it had been made clear that it wasn't a guaranteed departure time because it meant I arrived in Puerto Princessa at midnight rather than 9pm, hungry, tired and consequently paying to spend 5 1/2hrs in a hotel room after the restaurant had closed.

Sheets are very tired and you can't open your curtains so it's a bit of a cage but it's clean and made up with fresh towels every day. My understanding is that everything in El Nido is grossly overpriced but Tricycles are cheap.

There is no wifi. At best it's intermittent and very poor in the lobby.

Stayed: May 2017