All reviews mosquito net el nido fast wifi enjoyed my stay one night stay couple of nights breakfast was included tricycle driver rye gazebo hammocks backpackers vibes beds dorm puerto palawan
Reviewed December 30, 2017

Thanks to my friend from Poland for discovering this place. If you want a cozy and tranquil place, this one is for you. Very relaxing and great ambience. I will come back here during my rest days. This one is highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 1, 2017

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed it. It has a really calming and chill vibe which is nice because Puerto is quite a busy, hectic place. It feels safe and almost homely and there is a nice common area with hammocks, bean bags and benches with books etc in a large tent guarded by a mosquito net. In the bathrooms they have cute quotes and also information about the area and things to do are pinned on the toilet doors.

The bed you sleep in is in another large tent area next to the common area where all beds are on the floor and you are pretty much sleeping outside alongside each other which is nice but beware that you can wake when the sun rises as you are outside and there is nothing to darken the natural sunlight. Also all lights and everything are out round about 10pm at this hostel and you are encouraged to be quiet at this time as pretty much everyone shuts off for the night. I really enjoyed this aspect to it as it was really chill and relaxing but my friend didn't enjoy it as much due to the sort of 'curfew' as she wanted to stay up later and chat with other people staying.

The place in general is very clean and there are so many toilets and the showers are very powerful which is so good! It was the cleanest I had felt in my whole stay in the Philippines. The beds are very clean too and I always seen the staff changing sheets etc.

The staff are generally nice and helpful although a little unorganised when it comes to money etc not just with us but with others too so just watch out for that. The owner guy is very helpful and shares all he knows about the area giving you tips and recommendations. Their tricycle driver is also a really nice guy. Breakfast was included in the price which was tea/coffee and either 2 waffles or 1 large pancake. The wifi here was fairly good just a little slow at times and one morning we were without power but I think this is normal in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

The nature vibes of tranquillity and nostalgia within the heart of the city. A little secluded by the end of Socrates road if you came from Pineda st. If you wanna go back in the past and use mosquito nets and sofa beds at the bamboo floor then this is the place for you! I loved my stay even thrilled!!! . The place is kept very clean, with bossa ambience and laid back theme. Staff were sweet and accommodating too. I had a spicy tuna pasta which was cooked fresh and it was tasty. Prices for commodities are rather local price which is good!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Its a great chill hostel, its quite small with only one sleeping hut so you get to know and hang out with most people there. The vibe is great and communal, all watching filipino films in the evening and just relaxing. It is quite far out from most things but staff are helpful and will get you a tricycle, but make sure to haggle the price. The waffles are really tasty and the owner is so friendly and accommodating, and you can really tell he is passionate about the hostel. We went on the whale watching tour through the hostel and it was really a once in a life time experience. The hostel was clean, although I did find some poop in my bed, but I guess that's something to be kind of expected when you're basically sleeping outside, with essentially just a roof and a mosquito net, so it didn't bother me much but not ideal!
Thanks so much for having me! It was a great way to end my trip!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I only spent a couple of nights here but I wish I had more time. I slept in the bigger "room", which is basically outdoors. You hear the sounds of the nature at all times, sleep when it's dark and wake up with the sun. That was my first stop coming from London and it was such a jump into the tropical life, I couldn't have asked for anything better. The amenities are really basic but that just makes it more rustic. Also there are plenty of hammocks which is welcome anytime!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo