“Clean, safe and a good price”

D' Lucky Garden Inn & Apartelles Palawan
Ranked #79 of 199 Puerto Princesa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed only two nights before a flight to Manila, having taken the minivan from El Nido.
First, beware that many trike/minivan drivers don't know where this place is. Tell them "PEO Road" and it'll get you there.
Yes, the location is far from 'town' but you can walk (we did) and it's one long straight road so not at all confusing.
The rooms are clean and safe. The garden area is nice. Overall, the place is quiet and homely. It has a slightly strange atmosphere (like you've stumbled into someone's very large home or an abandoned resort) but for a good nights sleep with ac for around 800 pesos a night I think it's good.
The restaurant serves food and beer as well as snacks, other than that you will need to walk into town or take a trike- you've been warned!
It's easy to get the the airport (15 mins walk or a 5 min trike ride) and the staff are very polite (if a little shy!).
Down side was the water pressure which is virtually zero.... not their fault I'm sure- I read that all of Puerto has a water shortage.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 November 2016

The inn is quite far from the town center but they have vans for their organized tours and there are tricycles nearby. Affordable and basic amenities. The lapu lapu dish served at restaurant is good and cheap.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RiannePD
Reviewed 9 October 2016

I had been in palawan and this is my second time at first it was in another hotel and now my friend recommended me the D Lucky Garden Inn so i tried it here,
This is just a budget low cost accomodation. I had huge savings when i got the tour package because with the tours its better than doing it yourself.

Since it already includes buffet lunch, boat, van transportation, tourguide, government fees and entrance fee, terminal fees and permit fees, If you join a tour package you will save time rather than spending half day waiting in line to get govermnenet permits to enter the cave if you do it by yourself and if you go to get your own permit sometimes its fullybooked already then time is wasted. I just asked the help of the concierge to book me on a package tour - I took underground river tour package and i got huge savings rather than Do it yourself since you will ba paying the whole boat, whole van and spending more . If you want to save just book for a tour package and ask a discount you will save rather than Do it yourself,

Our tourguides are very helpful, respectful and polite, they even help and teach us in snorkeling where to find the best view of the fishes,
We had our buffet lunch at the islands in honda bay and we enjoy the tour.

Thank you for the free airport pick up.

Room Tip: quad room is good
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We stayed there last week (2nd week of August 2016). Booked a house with 2 Bedrooms. Room1 is a Master BR (spacious, with 1 single and 1 double bed), and Room2 has 2 single beds.
It was i guess a good price for Php1790 a night with 5 adults plus my toddler.
Rate doesnt include breakfast though. However, their usual silog meals cost as low as 85Php which is not bad at all.
We availed their Underground River tour package for Php1,400/pax and Honda Bay Tour for Php1,200/pax which is already discounted.
(Tip: you have to ask for discount)
My almost 2yo toddler was free for all the tours.

The tour guides were very efficient. You may want to ask the hotel if they offer combination tours for both which might be cheaper (we opt to but too late we werent able to avail since booking should be 1 day before the tour).

No wifi inside the house, but there is fast connection in their lobby and resto area.

The hotel is located away from downtown, but you can ride a trike going anywhere in the city. The trike offers a city tour for 600php/pax (yet we didnt have a chance to do so). Outside the hotel, from the main road has several restaurants.
I highly suggest you visit Ka Lui Restaurant and book a reservation.

Marianne (Although i didnt meet in person), was very accommodating from our exchange of emails, through the arrangement of tours, payment and throughout out our stay. The Front Desks and staff were friendly.

What was even more exceptional was I only knew I left my phone in the hotel when I arrived in NAIA Manila Airport. The Front Desk (Claudia) managed to courier (thourgh LBC) my not-a-smartphone, lowtech mobile device the following day after our exchange of conversation. Kudos to Claudia! Now, I'm thinking how I can repay them back as they havent asked for anything.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Our one night stay in the hotel was alright but the tour packages they got us were terrible!

We paid P1800 per person for the Underground River Tour when you could rent a whole boat for I think P1100 in the wharf. The buffet we had for lunch was not worth it and the place doesn't have electric fans.

For our Honda Bay Tour, we paid P1500 per person when you could rent a whole boat for P1300. The driver going to the wharf was a truck driver, an inexperienced van driver who even drove the van while on hand break. The tour guide brought us to a snorkelling gear rental shop (P150/set) when there was a cheaper gear rental (P100/set) in the wharf. When we complained, the guide told us to just go back to the hotel. (WTH???) He was a very poor tour guide.

Their room and room service of the hotel is average but we don't recommend availing the tour packages they offer.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night only for a flight out the next day, both in our early 30's and avid travelers. This place definitely has character, collectibles from around the world and nothing really makes sense. Cute little garden to have lunch or dinner in, you never have ti leave the property. It feels like you walked in to Alice and Wonderland meets Indiana Jones office. It has the feel of your grandmothers house where you want to look & touch everything. We loved absolutely everything about it. The room was basic but had all the right essential, a little outdated but everything was clean, a/c and wifi was very fast, Reasonable priced, breakfast included and the food is mostly Filipino/Asian and does the trick. 5 minute trike ride to the beach, 7 minutes to the airport and a few minutes from restaurants all around you.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the garden area, shade all day for your room.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caro_Karr
Reviewed 6 January 2016

the place is comfortable enough, even if its a budget location you will enjoy your stay here and they offer complete tour packages at a standard price. Very accommodating staffs just ask what you need and they will provide it for you as long as they have it. The company assists tourists heading to El Nido so its a one stop shop, you can ask for rates at their reception area. transport service may pick you up at this accommodation going to el nido unlike other resorts where you have to go over the public transport area in order to ride the shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business