See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Can't say we've had very good service since arriving in the Philippines so to arrive here to a very clean room with the aircon and TV on and clearly scented before we arrived, we were so impressed. For the price it is such amazing value and the best place we have stayed in the Philippines for our budget! The staff were so so helpful and accommodating! The guesthouse is so quaint and cute with a lovely outdoor area! I would highly recommend! Shame we were only able to stay for one night!!!

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed February 23, 2017

This inn-hotel is so close to the airport that if you're a backpacker or travels with very minimum luggage, you can just walk to and from the airport.

We found this out on our way to the airport for our flight back to Manila in the morning after we checked out (CO time is 11 AM) --- the luxurious van (why they did not use that one during our more than 5-hour trip to El Nido??) simply took a left turn from PEO Road towards Rizal Avenue and in just 2 minutes, the entry gate to the airport is right there.

The place itself is not that bad for the money - aircon, bathroom with good water pressure that included a pitcher and pail (it lacked hot water, though - I assume that the owners edified that since its almost always hot and humid in Puerto Princesa most of the year...who needs hot water for their showers???).

There's a small TV monitor but the cable signal is bad that you might as well turn it off. All all over the place, WiFi is the very, very spotty. There's a small, low-slung closet where the TV sits but no safety box.

The deluxe rooms - about 7 ft. x 18 ft. x 10 ft - where we stayed were really narrow but relatively deep and almost have that look and feel of a "love motel" including the strong perfumish scent once you're inside your room for the first time. One of the rooms that we had even have a red mosquito-net like decor near the edge of the bed.

However, our rooms were all very close to the screened-off restaurant that's adjacent to a tiny patio-garden where a bamboo-hut sits in the middle. The retaining wall of one of the cottages even have a hand-painted mural to blend in with the all the small plants and flowers and gaggle of home-made knick-knacks and faux-art decors.

The restaurant (open from 6:30 AM to 8:30 PM) serves a variety of local dishes (cook to order) as well as sandwiches whose prices were very reasonable. My wife ordered a club sandwich with a side of fries for just $2.50. The next morning I had fried rice, sunny-side egg, corned-beef hash along with a bottle of Sprite for about $3. Note that, breakfast is typically not included with your hotel rate but with their very low rates and reasonable resto prices, everything kind of evens out.

I'll mention again that this is a great location for your sorties in Puerto Princesa -- so close to the airport but it's quietly tucked along PEO Road in an area that's not very busy so you'll get a restful night's sleep.

What you don't want is to be in an area that's plied all day by those ubiquituous 'tricycles' (the Philippines' version of the 'tuk-tuk') that would make your head spin because of all that din.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

We stayed only two nights before a flight to Manila, having taken the minivan from El Nido.
First, beware that many trike/minivan drivers don't know where this place is. Tell them "PEO Road" and it'll get you there.
Yes, the location is far from 'town' but you can walk (we did) and it's one long straight road so not at all confusing.
The rooms are clean and safe. The garden area is nice. Overall, the place is quiet and homely. It has a slightly strange atmosphere (like you've stumbled into someone's very large home or an abandoned resort) but for a good nights sleep with ac for around 800 pesos a night I think it's good.
The restaurant serves food and beer as well as snacks, other than that you will need to walk into town or take a trike- you've been warned!
It's easy to get the the airport (15 mins walk or a 5 min trike ride) and the staff are very polite (if a little shy!).
Down side was the water pressure which is virtually zero.... not their fault I'm sure- I read that all of Puerto has a water shortage.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2016

The inn is quite far from the town center but they have vans for their organized tours and there are tricycles nearby. Affordable and basic amenities. The lapu lapu dish served at restaurant is good and cheap.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RiannePD
Reviewed October 9, 2016

I had been in palawan and this is my second time at first it was in another hotel and now my friend recommended me the D Lucky Garden Inn so i tried it here,
This is just a budget low cost accomodation. I had huge savings when i got the tour package because with the tours its better than doing it yourself.

Since it already includes buffet lunch, boat, van transportation, tourguide, government fees and entrance fee, terminal fees and permit fees, If you join a tour package you will save time rather than spending half day waiting in line to get govermnenet permits to enter the cave if you do it by yourself and if you go to get your own permit sometimes its fullybooked already then time is wasted. I just asked the help of the concierge to book me on a package tour - I took underground river tour package and i got huge savings rather than Do it yourself since you will ba paying the whole boat, whole van and spending more . If you want to save just book for a tour package and ask a discount you will save rather than Do it yourself,

Our tourguides are very helpful, respectful and polite, they even help and teach us in snorkeling where to find the best view of the fishes,
We had our buffet lunch at the islands in honda bay and we enjoy the tour.

Thank you for the free airport pick up.

Room Tip: quad room is good
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple