US$72
US$68
Agoda.com
The Legend Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
US$55
US$49
Aziza Paradise Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$139
US$88
Agoda.com
Astoria Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
US$130
US$99
Grande Vista Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$33
US$27
  • Breakfast included
Acacia Tree Garden Hotel(Puerto Princesa)
US$65
US$52
Priceline
By the Bay Jacana Bed and Breakfast(Puerto Princesa)(Great Value!)
US$18
Dolce Vita(Puerto Princesa)
US$43
US$27
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$31/night.

US$160
US$139
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssouvenir markettable restaurantgreat boutiqueel nidofantastic hotelpasalubong centerboiled eggslight switchesclose to the airportin house restauranttwo double bedsfree airport pickupbreakfast spreadloved this hotelrooms are bigrain showerwelcome drink
Reviewed March 31, 2018

My boyfriend and I spent five nights here in February 2018. It seemed as though a lot of people were just staying there for one/two nights and moving on.
We though the staff were lovely. We drank a lot of cocktails and they were so nice, I highly recommend the black pepper cranberry gin and tonic. We also ate in the restaurant twice during our stay, both times the food was lovely, again I recommend the 'egg and skins'. Hotel room was probably the best I have ever stayed in, the view wasn't brilliant as they are currently building something next door, but there wasn't any noise from it.
The airport is only a couple of minutes from the airport, but there was no noise coming from there. We arrived at the airport, walked across the road and a shuttle bus from the hotel just happened to be going past and picked us up. They also gave us a free lift back the airport at the end.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
CanvasHotelManager, Manager at Canvas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Hi, UK_Hay!

Lovely review! Sounds like you had a great stay at Canvas. We really arrange airport transfers and we try to make the ambiance of the hotel as relaxing as possible for your convenience and comfort. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and drinks as well. I'll make sure to extend your kind words to the rest of my team to keep inspiring them to deliver nothing but the best service to our guests.

Safe travels!

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Located in heart of city near airport with free shuttle from/to. Pool is good and the room is big. They have not refrigerator in room and the wifi is not good. It was disconnected. Breakfast have a good choice to start the day but no more options. The bad thing is you see ants in all area from room to breakfast area. The reception can provide tours for you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello, sam n!

Thanks for taking the time to write this helpful feedback. That's right, we do free airport transfers and we help our guests with their tours. This is so they can have a hassle-free PPS experience. We're always doing our best to improve the experience of our guests here at Canvas and rest assured that the things you have pointed out will be addressed. As for the WiFi, it's really an issue not just in Puerto Princesa but the entire island of Palawan but no worries as we're currently working out an arrangement for a better connection at our hotel as well.

Hope you can still give us a second chance and visit us again whenever you're in Puerto Princesa.

Cheers and safe travels!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

This hotel is located at the heart of the city. The rooms are very clean and very huge. compared to other hotels in the area. The cr is also big which is good as well if you have kids that wants to shower with you. The breakfast buffet is also something to look forward to. The pool is nice was to social with other guests. In whole the hotel has a very modern vibe.

I stayed at room 406 with the pool view.

Room Tip: The one facing the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hi, katehreena!

We're glad to hear that you liked our place. Canvas is designed for your comfort and convenience that's why our rooms (and cr) are huge and always clean. Your right, our pool is a nice place to socialize with other guests, it's also a crowd favorite because of its design and overall charm.

Hope to see you here again!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel but badly needs improvement in customer service.

I specifically chose this hotel for my Birthday staycation but sadly there was no greeting, acknowledgment or anything from the staff to make our stay memorable. I have celebrated my birthday a number of times in numerous hotels and some go the extra mile of giving a slice of complimentary cake, sweets, balloons, birthday card or banner. Not that I'm expecting to get freebies but a simple greeting from the staff would have made my day.

1⭐ Poor customer service from the front office staff. Nobody greeted us upon arrival though there were 3 people manning the reception (We seemed invisible since they were busy welcoming and attending to the group of foreign guests) I had to call the attention of someone so we can check in.

1⭐ Staff not attentive to details and guest's concerns. I wanted to settle in at the lobby upon arrival (coming from a 5-hour land travel from El Nido) but I didn't even get a chance to take a seat. We asked the receptionist if there was a nearby church that we can visit or a restaurant that they can recommend for my birthday dinner but they were all too busy attending to the needs of the foreign guests that I feel they wanted to send us to our room to get rid of us right away instead of welcoming us and entertaining our questions. Nobody offered us our welcome drinks but they served one to the other group. I got one for myself and while I was about to take a sip the receptionist already instructed someone to bring our stuff to the room when we weren't even ready.

1⭐ Our room aircon was not working properly. It was very hot and uncomfortable. We called the staff to fix it in the middle of the night since we can't sleep. It worked for a bit but broke down after a few minutes and the power turned on and off at least three times overnight. No apologies from staff and didn't offer to transfer us to a room with working AC.

2⭐⭐ Amenities. No refrigerator in the room. The cake that we bought for my birthday was swarmed with ants. It would have been nice if at least the complimentary bottled water was cold enough to drink on a hot summer day.

3⭐⭐⭐ Breakfast buffet was okay. We got to the Painted Table around 8AM and though the entrees were still complete, what we had were leftovers (a few pieces of beef tapa & fried fish). The staff did not refill the food trays

4⭐⭐⭐⭐Location is near the airport and van transfers are arranged for the guests

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Room appearance and interior decoration. Overall facade of the hotel

No matter how pretty the hotel, at the end of the day, it's the service that counts the most. It's sad when you don't get to experience the Filipino hospitality at your own country and when an establishment does not treat guests equally.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa P
Reviewed March 21, 2018

The Canvas Boutique Hotel is a good-quality hotel with very comfortable rooms in a prime location, offering easy access to the airport, markets, ATMs, restaurants and more. It boasts a supremely helpful staff (thank you for everything, Jaygar), an outdoor pool, a big restaurant, free breakfast and free airport pickup/dropoff.

The pros:

_ The locations is great! The airport is a 90-second van ride away, no exaggeration. Recommended restaurants such as Kinabuchs are a 5- or 10-minute tricycle ride away. ATMs are nearby, including across the street at the souvenir market. The hotel is on a main road, and along the road are all sorts of shops. It's a great spot.
_ The air conditioning is strong and reliable. Don't overlook this feature when booking a hotel in the Philippines.
_ The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with great beds and pillows to ensure good sleep. I don't recall hearing any sort of hotel or outside noise despite the location along a main road so close to the airport.
_ The free breakfast was very good. Breakfast is served downstairs in a large restaurant that was never crowded, so it was nice to start the day with a good meal in a relaxed atmosphere. The offerings included typical Western and Asian foods, such as omelets, pancakes, bacon, toast, boiled eggs, fried rice and noodles.
_ Free airport pickup/dropoff. The van ride to the airport takes less than 2 minutes and is easily arranged. My girlfriend and I emailed for a pickup before arrival, and Jaygar was waiting for us when our plane touched down. And then when we were leaving we told the receptionist the night before, and Jaygar was waiting for us at 5:30 the next morning.

The cons:

_ The bathrooms ... or lack of them. There were no defined bathrooms in our rooms. The sinks were out in the open, and there were separate stalls for the showers and the toilets. The shower stalls were small and didn't offer much space to put your clothes or to undress and dress.
_ The WiFi was unreliable. One day it was so bad a technician gave up trying to fix it and ended up replacing a router on our floor.

TIP: Head to the ATM. If you've stopped in Puerto Princesa before heading to El Nido, get some cash because it's difficult to access cash in El Nido, where there's little financial infrastructure. There's a reliable and trustworthy ATM across the street from the hotel, at the front (and a little to the right) of the entrance to the souvenir market. There's a limit of php10,000 (about US$200) per transaction, but you can do multiple transactions back to back. There's a fee of php250 (about US$5) per transaction. I felt very safe using this ATM because the area is crowded with shoppers and store owners and across the street from the hotel, but I felt exposed at ATMs in other areas along the main road. If you're concerned about safety (but I don't think there's any reason to be), ask the guard in front of the hotel to keep an eye on you while you visit the ATM.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hotel. It was clean and well maintained, and the services it offered were good. Plus, you can't beat the free breakfast, the proximity to the airport and the free van rides.

TIP: If you're leaving for a tour or for the airport really early in the morning, ask the hotel to make a free breakfast bag for you to take. The bags made for us included bottles of water, ham and cheese sandwiches and apples.

TIP: Don't expect too much from the restaurants recommended by the hotel. Remember, Puerto Princesa isn't where you go for fine dining. We visited Kinabuchs, which had a great atmosphere, good food and solid service, and Kalui, which had a great atmosphere but below average food (something listed on the menu as "fish and chips" served without chips because the restaurant doens't have them!) and so-so service.

Room Tip: There's elevator access to all four floors.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
CanvasHotelManager, Manager at Canvas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Hi, Dino H!

This is a really valuable and helpful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel. We take pride in the convenience and comfort of the services that we offer from airport transfers to breakfast bags and we're really glad that you loved staying with us. As for the bathrooms, we have a 3-point ensuite design in Canvas so that the three points of the bathrooms can all be functional at the same time. WiFi is really an issue not just in Puerto Princesa but the entire island of Palawan but no worries as we are currently doing our best to improve our WiFi services.

Hope to see you again when you visit Palawan! Cheers and safe travels!