1,923 results
All reviews private beach laguna cafe shuttle service infinity pool white beach city mall free shuttle huge resort main beach blue water every hour great resort f b security guard buffet breakfast puka beach caticlan airport
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Very Good place to stay with and spending time with family. A lot of swimming pools to choose to and beach front is nice and clean! My family and I had a great time. Will definitely go back and stay in the resort.

Room tip: Rooms are clean and furnishings are comfortable.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fairways_Marketing, Manager at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear melay121984,

Greetings from Fairways and Bluewater.

We are thrilled to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Fairways is indeed ideal for families not only because of our facilities and in house activities but also because we are a secure and gated facility away from the chaos and crowds of the front beach.

More attractions are in the works, we hope they will be in place when you return to Fairways.

Warm regards and see you soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Huge hotel, you can stay there and dont go out.. the restaurants are awesome, food is very delicious and prices are very reasonable. We stayed in building 6, loved everything! The beach so beautiful, infinity pool nice, we liked laguna part the most, pool, kids playground, food. Shuttle was very comfortable, waiting not long, big supermarket just near the gate and other local restaurants.

Room tip: Beds are kingsized. We stayed with 2 children, was enough space.

Dear A Ga N,

Greetings from Fairways and Bluewater.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and rating.

We are very happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation without having to leave the resort. Being a very large property, we are able to put in place various attractions, activities and facilities to ensure our guests are sufficiently entertained. It is good to know you were able to make full use of them during your stay.

More attractions are in the works. We do hope you visit us again in one of your future travels so you can experience them first hand.

Warmest regards and have a wonderful day ahead.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

i liked the staff the most, they were very kind & knowledgeable. The location was far from main tourist spot. the break fast was one of the highlights, they have thier own private beach so you dont have to go any where, the pool was open late

Room tip: room was very large & clean, make sure you ask for extra key because the AC turned off when you leave & take the room key from the slot, It will take 20-30 minutes to cool down the room

Dear joeff74,

Our heartfelt thanks for your review and excellent rating of the resort.

Thank you very much for commending our staff. Allow us to share your kind words with them, they would surely be thrilled to know that they were your favorite “thing” about the resort. We do agree with you, we also feel our people is our best asset.

We are also very happy to know that you enjoyed our private beach, swimming pools and breakfast offerings. We hope you were able to make lots of wonderful memories during your stay.

Best regards and we hope to see you back at the resort soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

Great place to stay. Rooms and service were excellent. Would have preferred less of the boom-boom high volume music at the beach swimming pool - maybe OK for the younger generation but the resort caters for all ages.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marketing_Fairways, Manager at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Glynw331,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that you found our resort to be a great place to stay at. We hope that your daughter’s wedding was an unforgettable experience. It makes us happy that you liked our rooms and appreciated our service. We will share your review with the staff as we are sure they would be delighted to know that they contributed to a great stay.

We have taken note of your feedback regarding the music in our beach. Rest assured that this will be considered as we constantly work on improving our facilities.

We hope to see you again at Fairways & Bluewater! Have a good day.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I guess not everybody gets the same experience.

There was an option to request for a quiet room upon making the reservation, so therefore I requested to have one before arriving. Quiet room because we have an 8 months old baby. He has his nap times during the day, and somehow cries when it's noisy and when he's bothered with the noise while napping. So when he cries, we bother other guests. That is why I requested for a quiet room - I do not want to bother other people with his cry. Our room is located near the Service room, Maintenance room, right next to the golf course and on the lower level. I'd love to be right next the golf course for the view, but with those big machinery and golf carts passing thru every day, and golfers yelling, NO thank you. Since our room is on the lower level (first floor), we have rooms on top of us. And the never ending noise of chairs being dragged, people running or stomping their feet are annoying. And also since it's right next to the staff room (maintenance, service room or whatever they call it), I can hear the staff chit-chatting, laughing and just basically doing nothing. Unprofessional. Closet were dusty, curtains want be fully closed. Left a note for housekeeping to fix curtains, and thankfully they were able to fix it.

First night - Horrible. My son woke up 3 times from his bedtime. One because of housekeeping. I requested for housekeeping to fix our TV, and they were very helpful about it. The only thing I didn't like was why did they have to ring the doorbell more than once in a span of 3 seconds? They rang the doorbell twice in less than 3 seconds. Why? One ring is enough, and one ring wouldn't wake up my sleeping son. It will take us few seconds to get up and open the door for them, they didn't have to ring the doorbell twice. The doorbell ring is LOUD. So I let the housekeeper in and I was signaling her to hush because my son is asleep (tho he has already been moving and about to wake up because of the doorbell noise). The room was pitch dark and pretty much obvious that our sleeping baby shouldn't be entertained by anybody. But the housekeeper still decided make funny faces to my baby after signaling her to hush and lower down her voice because I don't want my son to fully wake up. Second and third was the front desk call. We had a friend come over to watch our baby for a few hours so my husband and I can have dinner off property. Upon check in, it was already explained to me that visitors are only allowed until 10pm, so then I mentioned to them that I will have a friend come over and will make sure she leaves before 10. I understand it's a protocol to call us in the room when she arrives, and all that. Tho the loud ring of the first phone call woke up our baby, I thought to myself it's fine it's a protocol so there's really nothing I can do if they call. So then after getting all that information about visitors, my husband told them not to call the room anymore because the loud ring of the telephone woke up our sleeping baby. I, on the other hand, was on my way to the desk to talk to them. But nope, I guess the front desk lady doesn't understand what "stop calling" means. Or maybe she just doesn't understand English at all. She called the second time again and AGAIN, it woke up my son.

Second night - just OK. Surrounding noise still the same. I've been holding off about complaining since I really want to give the resort a chance. I thought to myself, maybe tomorrow is another day and maybe it'll be better. So I let the day pass, hoping the next day would be better. We spent dinner at their La Terazza restaurant, another review was posted in their trip advisor account.

Third night - it could've been better. Because of the predicted rain at night time, we decided to spend lunch time off property and dinner time at the Laguna Cafe. I was expecting something special, but nope. Disappointed. Took too long for the staff to take our order, or even at least give us water to start. My husband ordered thei
Sirloin steak, and he was very excited to try it. 20mins or so later, the wait staff came to our table and told us "Sirloin is sold out". Like, are you kidding me right now?? You just told me that? Didn't even had the decency to apologize. She just said, "it's sold out, do you want to try the T-bone instead?".

Fourth night - so far so good until waiting for the shuttle lasted for 30mins. We were told 5 mins, but nope. We sat there for 30 mins waiting for a shuttle from the beach to the room. I guess if we walked, we could've gotten into the room already.

I was looking forward to our stay. With all the reviews it had, it made me feel excited to our trip. Yes, the private beach is awesome. The security guys are great. Though the FnB staff needs to smile more, and be more attentive.

Breakfast needs a lot of improvement. Set up another omelet station. Guests shouldn't spend 10mins of their time falling in line for an omelet. Food variety is very very poor.

Over all, I'm not coming back. Will I recommend it? With my experience, I wouldn't. But like I said, everybody has their own experience. I guess ours was one of those poor ones.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Marketing_Fairways, Manager at Fairways & Bluewater, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear Pamelakrizia,

Greetings from Fairways & Bluewater!

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review. It saddens us that you had some concerns during your stay. We have taken note of your feedback and your review has also been shared with the concerned departments. Please be assured that corrective measures are now being put in place to rectify the issues that you raised.

We take guests’ feedback seriously and while we are disappointed that we were unable to provide you with a memorable stay, we will look at the points you raised in this review and use them to improve our services and amenities.

We hope you have a great day today. Warmest regards.