I think this hotel either got some unfair reviews in the past, or they already addressed any complaints or shortcomings they had.
First of all, i noticed about HALF of the reviews here are for the Crown Regency BEACH resort. (hotel right smack at the beach in Station 3). This is for the Crown Regency PRINCE (hotel near Station 1, you have to cross the street and have 2 minutes walk to reach the resort).
I had the choice on which hotel to stay in, the BEACH front or this Prince hotel. The BEACH hotel at first seemed more ideal.. it has a pool, i think its bigger, and you're right there at the beach already. In the end upon doing some research, i hear Station 1 is the better location so we chose the PRINCE. YMMV.
Its a decent hotel for its price range, VERY courteous and smiling staff, even the security guards are very polite. Room is roomy, cool aircon, clean bathroom with strong and hot water. We have a balcony but its a lousy view (facing street and buildings). But there should be rooms facing the beach if you're into nice views from your balcony.
Breakfast was good.. nothing spectacular but average or a bit above average even for standard breakfast buffet. We stayed for 2 nights and im pleasantly surprised that they didnt have the same menu from the previous day. Their TAPA was delicious. Juice was "sparkling" Apple juice, so not the powdered juice i read in one review. At least they're trying to improve.
Free Wifi from the lobby which extends r\to the dining area, so you can surf while having breakfast. No wifi in the room, but they have a LAN cable for internet access (I assume its free, i didnt use it since i only have my ipad with me)
Location is good. Theres a 24-7 convenience store right downstairs. so you can buy anything even at the middle of the night (including burgers). The soap, shampoo and toothpaste in the hotel was inadequate for us so we just bought our preferred brands at the store. (im not gonna complain about the hotel's quality of toiletry supplies, its just a few pesos to get what we need downstairs so no big deal). They have JONAS Shakes right next door, we just order them on our way back to the hotel. You can get a quick ride to the D Mall for 10 pesos per person (because im too lazy or tired to walk :-) ). There is even a nearby ATM. AND there are not one, but TWO Spas right across the hotel. One is open 24 hours while the other is open till midnight. So after a tiring day swimming and walking, we got a massage first before retiring to our hotel.
The beach is not that far from the hotel, 2 mins walk tops. The only drawback is the "scenery" walking to the beach via alleyways and passing thru houses isnt that great. You wouldnt think that just a few meters past those dingy concrete jungle would lie the beauty and splendor of Boracay.
All in all, we definitely chose the right hotel for our Boracay trip. The sand is a lot finer at Station 1.. its so fine that i tracked some back into the hotel and in my bed.. i cant even SEE it, but i can FEEL it.. had to fluff our bedsheet a few times to get them out :)
Next time we go back, we wouldnt mind staying there again... although we just MIGHT try the Beach hotel just to see the difference..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unrivalled charm, understated sophistication, and sincere Filipino hospitality, Crown Regency Prince Resort is a beautiful beach haven with a distinct personality. Drawing inspiration from the element of fire, this resort is thoughtfully designed in sun-drenched hues. Located along the Main Road of Station 1, Boracay Island, the resort is only a 5-minute walk from the beachfront. This 3-star resort also features 36 fully furnished rooms and the signature Lobby Lounge. Island Tour options are available at the Tour Desk. Airport pickup and drop off from Caticlan and Kalibo are available. Check-in time is at 2:00 PM and check-out time is at 12:00 noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Crown Regency Prince Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Regency Prince Resort Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Crown Regency Hotel Boracay