“Get ready to stuff your face.”
Review of Sea Breeze Cafe

Sea Breeze Cafe
Ranked #48 of 339 Restaurants in Boracay
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The new Sea Breeze Cafe has opened it's doors with a stellar new look with a modern contemporary design, bigger space, an upper level for intimate gatherings and parties, and interactive buffet stations. Sea breeze cafe features an all day buffet dining experience that changes themes every day.
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Buffet anyone? Count me in! My wife and I wanted something different and this was the place we walked by.

At the front of the Henann Regency Resort & Spa (formerly known as Boracay Regency) is the main entrance to the Sea Breeze Café. Just before the hostess greets you at the top of a few steps, there are these lane dividers which you must choose to use. Since there was no line up at the time, wifey and I just walked right up. Dinner service for P793 is a really good price for an upscale buffet so no argument from us.

Walking in, the dining area is huge. It surrounds the entire buffet station which is situated in the middle. We were escorted to the right of the main entrance just past the carving station where we were seated in an enclosed dining room.

The décor is beautiful. Lighting is just right for both eating and buffet areas. See through frame dividers keeps it more of an open concept dining experience. Most importantly, there are tons of food choices.

I got impatient counting how many food stations there were. After walking by the first few, I couldn’t stop drooling over the savoury dishes they offered. People were even swarming the salad bar of all places! Although Sea Breeze stuck to a lot of Filipino dishes, it was really nice to see them other sorts of food such as Japanese, American, and Italian.

What I was particularly impressed with was the amount of seafood, meat carving, and dessert stations. Lechon, roast beef, clams, squid, puto, halo halo … wow the list goes on! It is buffet fantasy and it is no wonder that people are flocking to eat here for dinner service.

Not all buffet restaurants will get 5 stars from me. I knocked it down to 4 stars for a very specific reason. Although it is not the restaurant’s fault for the poor eating/dining habits of tourists, their staff had a hard time keeping up with the flow. I don’t know if they need to hire more staff or require more experienced staff but I can tell you that there were times when some dishes were not replenished quick enough. Sometimes staff were so busy clearing plates from a large group of Korean/Chinese tourists that the used plates from our small table of 2 would not be taken away until we had to call a server over. But I want to stress that I’m still very impressed with Sea Breeze Café.

Tip: We were lucky to sit in the enclosed dining room. Ask to be seated inside if you can. First of all, it is air conditioned. The outside dining area is very loud. The breeze from outside would sometimes fill the dining room with smoke from the carving station.
- You don’t need to give too much of a tip as they already levy an automatic service charge. The server we had was extremely helpful so we also gave him a tip.
- Don’t hoard like the other large group tourists! If you are unable to finish your plate you will have a nice argument with their staff and that means unfinished food which could have been eaten by those who are just as hungry as you.

For more food reviews and Boracay blogging, check out my blog listed in my profile.

BRBR1998, Manager at Sea Breeze Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear SpicyChopsticks,

Thank you very much for your honest review regarding your recent dining experience with us. I am extremely happy that you were impressed from our friendly and professional staff, wide array of food selection to our various dining receptions and ambiance. The photos are indeed enticing and translates your great time with Seabreeze Restaurant. We take your feedback seriously and we thank you for addressing your concerns so we can further improve our level of service to meet your satisfaction. We hope to welcome you again in the future and looking forward to getting a 5-star rating from you!

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

This place is one of the more pricier buffets on the white sand strip, but the food and music make it worth the experience. If you catch your timing right the chefs danced outside the restaurant in an amusing and well-scripted performance!

BRBR1998, Manager at Sea Breeze Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

I am glad to read about your experience with us. It is indeed a bit more costlier than the other buffet restaurants in the island, however it is totally worth the extra, since we offer an international spread complete from simple Filipino dishes to mouth-watering freshly grilled tender steaks. The buffet restaurant is also located by the beachfront, with a lovely nightly serenade from our live acoustic band, topping that up with the lively Dancing Chefs at 8PM and 9:30PM. So next time you come back, you know where to go. See you!

Reviewed July 30, 2017

a superb buffet dinner excellent quality and variety of choices
a must see is the dancing chefs performance just brilliant

BRBR1998, Manager at Sea Breeze Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Good day Terrence C,

Lovely to hear about your feedback on your recent visit. Our buffet dinner is indeed impressive, and we take pride on our majestic spread that continuously satisfy our guests. Not only that, our "Dancing Chefs" is one of the main highlights to witness #wheninBoracay and I am glad you got to experience it with us first-hand. If you wish to come back in the future, please try our new buffet restaurant at Station 1 by Henann Prime called Sea Salt. I am guaranteed that it will satisfy you as much and can't wait to hear from you again.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

The food is just average with its price. The choice is many but not many expensive food provided. Another attraction is the dancing chef around 9pm.

2  Thank Foo K

Hi Foo K,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us during your recent trip to Boracay. We expect nothing less than perfection and we will take this as a ground for improvement and hope you will consider visiting us again and reach us whenever you plan to come back.

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

After eating out in various restos, this restaurant seems always busy with people queuing up every night. Reason being wide spread of buffet with few highlights like big steaks, Turkey, Prawns, Crabs, Sushi counter and hot plates. Salads and appetizers all local products, hot food with some Philippine specialties. Food quality ok, service quality ok .. nothing spectacular, but good value for money 793 PESOS per person. All the chefs perform by dancing at around 20.00 quite cute ...

Dear TravelILovo,

Thank you for your feedback and nice to hear your honest review. Our goal is to make sure that we provide our guests great dining experience and outstanding professional service and reading your review is a living testament that we have lived to our promise and satisfied and hopefully exceeded your expectations. See you again!