“Get ready to stuff your face.”
Review of Sea Breeze Cafe

Sea Breeze Cafe
Ranked #50 of 307 Restaurants in Boracay
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The new Sea Breeze Cafe has opened it's doors with a stellar new look with a modern contemporary design, bigger space, an upper level for intimate gatherings and parties, and interactive buffet stations. Sea breeze cafe features an all day buffet dining experience that changes themes every day.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Buffet anyone? Count me in! My wife and I wanted something different and this was the place we walked by.

At the front of the Henann Regency Resort & Spa (formerly known as Boracay Regency) is the main entrance to the Sea Breeze Café. Just before the hostess greets you at the top of a few steps, there are these lane dividers which you must choose to use. Since there was no line up at the time, wifey and I just walked right up. Dinner service for P793 is a really good price for an upscale buffet so no argument from us.

Walking in, the dining area is huge. It surrounds the entire buffet station which is situated in the middle. We were escorted to the right of the main entrance just past the carving station where we were seated in an enclosed dining room.

The décor is beautiful. Lighting is just right for both eating and buffet areas. See through frame dividers keeps it more of an open concept dining experience. Most importantly, there are tons of food choices.

I got impatient counting how many food stations there were. After walking by the first few, I couldn’t stop drooling over the savoury dishes they offered. People were even swarming the salad bar of all places! Although Sea Breeze stuck to a lot of Filipino dishes, it was really nice to see them other sorts of food such as Japanese, American, and Italian.

What I was particularly impressed with was the amount of seafood, meat carving, and dessert stations. Lechon, roast beef, clams, squid, puto, halo halo … wow the list goes on! It is buffet fantasy and it is no wonder that people are flocking to eat here for dinner service.

Not all buffet restaurants will get 5 stars from me. I knocked it down to 4 stars for a very specific reason. Although it is not the restaurant’s fault for the poor eating/dining habits of tourists, their staff had a hard time keeping up with the flow. I don’t know if they need to hire more staff or require more experienced staff but I can tell you that there were times when some dishes were not replenished quick enough. Sometimes staff were so busy clearing plates from a large group of Korean/Chinese tourists that the used plates from our small table of 2 would not be taken away until we had to call a server over. But I want to stress that I’m still very impressed with Sea Breeze Café.

Tip: We were lucky to sit in the enclosed dining room. Ask to be seated inside if you can. First of all, it is air conditioned. The outside dining area is very loud. The breeze from outside would sometimes fill the dining room with smoke from the carving station.
- You don’t need to give too much of a tip as they already levy an automatic service charge. The server we had was extremely helpful so we also gave him a tip.
- Don’t hoard like the other large group tourists! If you are unable to finish your plate you will have a nice argument with their staff and that means unfinished food which could have been eaten by those who are just as hungry as you.

For more food reviews and Boracay blogging, check out my blog listed in my profile.

There are newer reviews for Sea Breeze Cafe

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This place is one of the more pricier buffets on the white sand strip, but the food and music make it worth the experience. If you catch your timing right the chefs danced outside the restaurant in an amusing and well-scripted performance!

BRBR1998, Manager at Sea Breeze Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am glad to read about your experience with us. It is indeed a bit more costlier than the other buffet restaurants in the island, however it is totally worth the extra, since we offer an international spread complete from simple Filipino dishes to mouth-watering freshly grilled tender steaks. The buffet restaurant is also located by the beachfront, with a lovely nightly serenade from our live acoustic band, topping that up with the lively Dancing Chefs at 8PM and 9:30PM. So next time you come back, you know where to go. See you!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

a superb buffet dinner excellent quality and variety of choices
a must see is the dancing chefs performance just brilliant

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The food is just average with its price. The choice is many but not many expensive food provided. Another attraction is the dancing chef around 9pm.

1  Thank Foo K
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

After eating out in various restos, this restaurant seems always busy with people queuing up every night. Reason being wide spread of buffet with few highlights like big steaks, Turkey, Prawns, Crabs, Sushi counter and hot plates. Salads and appetizers all local products, hot food with some Philippine specialties. Food quality ok, service quality ok .. nothing spectacular, but good value for money 793 PESOS per person. All the chefs perform by dancing at around 20.00 quite cute ...