See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to have spent most of my adult life in hotels. These have ranged from $4/night dorm beds to $500/night five star hotels and I have never walked out prior to this experience.

Reading other reviews perhaps I was placed in a different hotel? This hotel should have been $15/night not $75/night. In summary, problems were as follows:

The local 'manager' despite having good intentions was of no use and barely spoke English
There were dead ants in my breakfast
The room was aged, poorly maintained and dirty
The owner lived on a different island which made it difficult to explain my concerns
The common area consisted of weathered plastic and rusted old steel chairs

I would have been happy if this property was $15 but instead I was happy to sacrifice $150 just to get out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank GrahamF1981
Reviewed February 16, 2013

When you book a budget hostel you are never quite sure what you will get. This place was amazing.
My friend and I had a cottage with 2 double beds and a bath (we live in Hong Kong and a bath is a rare sight!) Outside we had a private balcony with hammocks and a seated area.
The steps up and down look daunting but the sheer beauty of the location makes up for it.
Diniwid beach is a short walk down the road with the White Beach around the corner. This means you can enjoy the super beaches but be tucked up in your lovely bed and enjoy a great sleep.
Once we had booked with Bura-akay they e mailed and kept in contact with us. Marc met us at Caticlan Port and took us home, and yes it does have a feeling of home.
All of the staff are helpful and chatty and interested in you having a nice time. They are full of advice of what to see and do.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants more than just the beach holiday. This is one holiday I won't forget and it started with beautiful accomodation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helen601
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We are able to mix with business and pleasure in this location. We can be working at night without distractions from the partying crowd and music from bars.
Since we are on top of the hill, our broadband modem works very well and we are able to call our customers via Skype. In the morning we go visit the beach and jog back up the hill in time for breakfast.

Perfect location for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank KababayanNetwork
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Me and a buddy of mine rented the place for ourselves for 2 weeks. It is a very private place up in the hills and we have total privacy and relaxation. We were given a butler that is also very familiar of the whole island and acts as our tourist guide.
The place has everything we need, from towels, fresh linens, snorkling gear, barbeque grill, mountain bikes, wifi internet access, all included with our rent. We even made phone calls to our families in the states for free.

Boracay's night life is fun and we get to go to the clubs at night after a long and quite nap in our native huts. We get daily maid service to clean our rooms and give us fresh bottled water.
We feel having our own beach house in this island paradise.
For the rates we paid to other luxury villas around the world, i say this is the cheapest we ever paid.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank IslaSurfer
Reviewed March 9, 2007

It was a nice experience to stay in a place where you feel like home. The weather was sometimes gloomy in December but the staff tried their best to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We get our breakfast every morning and waiting for us anytime we feel like getting up in bed.

They even have a native dance performed for us by one of the staff. It's an experience that you will always remember. The place is very private and a perfect way to relax and enjoy your vacation.

The staff is avialable to accompany us as our tour guide. The service is very personalize. We feel like celebrities.

Our 2 weeks stay is well worth it and they charge is very affordable.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank MagicSinger