We stayed in Room 110, while my mom had a connecting room next door at 111. We loved every minute of our stay while in Discovery. We do plan to go back but will avoid the summer season because of the algae (E.Coli alert!!!). We prefer the cooler months of January and February because the water is clean (no algae!) and the nights are pleasantly cool and windy.
Our 1 bedroom unit was beautiful. Upon entering, the living room was converted to a kids' room with toys, mugs, etc. laid out for them. They had welcome cookies with each of the kids' names. We loved the in house drink they served. And my kids loved the free foot wash with massage. Room is true to the pictures on the website. We liked that the room was in the first level which had easy access to the pool. Some people might not like it because of the noise. We didn't find it noisy. But we found it very convenient. With 3 kids, we kept needing to go back to room to get forgotten stuff or use the bathroom! Discovery Shores is very child friendly. They made extra effort to make the kids feel very comfortable and special during their stay.
Service is incredible. We appreciated Rex's service at the beach front. He helped reserve our beach beds and took time out to clean our sunglasses for us. Food was yummy too and we ate them at the beach.He always checked in with us just to make sure we were ok or if there was anything he could do for us. He was always smiling.
Kids also made friends with the other kiddie guests at Discovery. They had fun playing in the pool and making sand castles while on the beach.
My husband loved the food. Lamb Ribs were his favorite. My mom loved the spa. She went for a massage everyday she was there.
Don't forget to use the airport lounge upstairs. It is spacious and quite comfortable. Kids were able to watch their Disney Channel and Cartoon Network while waiting for our (delayed) flight!
Overall, this was an excellent experience. I highly recommend Discovery Shores. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Shores Boracay, a sprawling beachfront property located on the unspoilt shores of Boracay Island in the Philippines, is the first luxury resort built in this majestic region. Apart from its spacious 87 all suite guestrooms and the highly-acclaimed Terra Wellness Spa overlooking the beach, Discovery Shores' facilities include the Sands Restaurant, Indigo Restaurant, Platitos, Sandbar beach bar, Sandbox kiddie lounge, a swimming pool, recreation room, an events hall and a gym. Discovery Shores is one of five properties of The Discovery Leisure Company's portfolio of distinctive hotels and resorts, and is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts Lifestyle Collection. The resort embodies the hallmark of the Discovery brand: personalized and innovative service dispensed round-the-clock. Guests are guaranteed an unsurpassed level of quality, service and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Discovery Shores Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Shores Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Discovery Shores Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Discovery Shores Hotel