“Great managers and good food”
Review of Mikuni

Mikuni
Ranked #300 of 12,523 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mikuni offers a culinary tour through exquisite creations from its three stunning Teppanyaki, Sushi and Robatayaki live stations, each helmed by a master chef, that highlight the most premium of seasonal Japanese produce. Be delighted with Mikuni’s multi-sensory dining experience complemented with signature creations and novel modern kaiseki dishes that seamlessly blend modern and century-old Japanese culinary techniques with a dash of theatrical humour.
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Want to give a shout out to Valerie and Elaine for their excellent service during lunch today.

Their colleague Ron had served me with a cracker with dried prawn seasoning, forgetting that I had mentioned I was allergic to prawn when he took my lunch order.

When we highlighted this to Rob and asked for an antihistamine to counter the allergic effects that caused my lips to swell slightly, he brought Valerie the assistant manager who promptly suggested I visited the nearby clinic for consultation and medication at their expense. When I declined due to inconvenience, Valerie volunteered to take a queue number for me to save me from sitting in the waiting room.

Nonetheless, I decided against visiting a doctor as the symptoms had not escalated yet. Valerie was very proactive and brought over a cold tower and some ice to reduce the swelling around my lips. It helped and I managed to enjoy the rest of my lunch.

Elaine also dropped by to apologize for the mistake. We also appreciated the desserts and ice cream to celebrate my birthday.

The food is delicious and well presented. The chef has used top quality ingredients from the rice to the unagi in the unagi don, and the negitoro sushi was creatively made.

I would suggest that Mikuni has better processes, and improve server training (not just the chefs) to know what they serve, to avoid serving customers food with allergy triggers.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

The Premium Teppan Mikuni Course was excellent.  The Lobster with Garlic Soy Sauce, Teriyaki Foie Gras with Caramelized Apple, and Miyazaki Beef were the highlights of this 8-course set menu.  It was very good value for money, given the generous portions and high quality of food.  The attentive service and classy ambience completed the delightful dining experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

It was our 1st time visit to this restaurant to celebrate my friend’s birthday last night.
Some of us ordered the dinner set and one friend ordered from ala cart menu.
Each dishes came with very good setting, delicious and sashimi is very fresh too.
After all of us tried the black sesame ice cream, we love it!
From the dinner Matsutake set menu, there is a hidden dishe which not stated in the menu. It was a pleasant surprise to us.
It is a nice and cosy place for gathering, will definitely come back to try more ala cart menu.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

On 3rd October I had lunch at one of my favourite Japanese restaurants which I visit every two weeks. On this day i was at the sushi counter and because of my weak legs I asked for a stool to raise up my feet but unfortunately the Restaurant do not have one; however the kind hostess did not turned me down but without any hesitation piled up some thick books & magazines to raise up my feet. It was indeed a very kind gesture on her part and of course I was able to enjoy my lunch; which otherwise would have dampened my spirit causing me to leave with very strained feet; but that was not to be. Though solo I never felt lonely or out of place because the chef kept me company throughout my lunch, familarising me with all the Japanese ingredients of the day. I truly enjoyed my lunch and added to it the finer part of Japanese cuisine. I left with greater knowledge of a fine Japanese cuisine.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Really five star service in my opinion. All the staff are very professional and polite. As this is my first visit, I asked for recommendations and they gave great options. Love the truffle kampachi so much.
Will definitely be back for more!