“Great food, great service!!!”
Review of Axis Bar and Lounge - CLOSED

Axis Bar and Lounge
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Reviewed September 14, 2017

We were there for the high tea session. Food, service and ambience was great. The high tea selection was massive - Both my friend and I found it very hard to finish the food as it was just too much. For big eaters however, I think you will enjoy it! I'm not sure why Axis Bar and Lounge chose to hire foreigners, mostly seem to be koreans, as they are unfamiliar with some of the local fusion desserts that was on the menu. And because of the extensive menu as well, it was hard for them to memorise the entire selection. For a few parts, they were either unsure which pastry was what, or what was the full name of the dessert. My friend called to tell them that it was a birthday celebration and they handled it very quickly and even had a surprise birthday cake! The lapse in service is easily forgivable as the general service was really good and the food was great as well!

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Etienne F, Director of Food and Beverage at Axis Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

It is a pleasure to note that we have surpassed your expectations in all aspects, particularly our colleagues who went the extra mile to ensure you had an unrivalled experience. As we take great pride in delivering delightful epicurean moments, your lavish praises are greatly appreciated and will certainly be shared with the team.

We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

It's a great place to go to if you want to have an aperitif before having dinner to enjoy the view of the skyline. The service here is also quite commendable.

Etienne F, Director of Food and Beverage at Axis Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

We are elated to hear that your recent experience at Axis Bar and Lounge has left you with many fond memories. Your compliments will definitely be conveyed to the team as I am sure they will be thrilled to know that their efforts have been duly recognised.

All of us here look forward to delivering you moments of delight again.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

My friend and I had a great tea time in Axis. If you are looking for the best high tea in Singapore, Axis is MUST-TRY place. The Foie Grass Tart with Fig was my favorite savoury and my friend really liked their fig scones. Not only food, but also staffs in Axis are VERY friendly and nice especially two Korean ladies(Claire and I don't rememeber the other name) who served our table. Definitely will come back.

Etienne F, Director of Food and Beverage at Axis Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

Thank you for your positive review. It certainly makes our day to hear that you found favourites worth recommending to other diners, and that our dedicated colleagues contributed to making your stay an unforgettable one. As we take great pride in delivering delightful moments, your kind words will definitely be shared with the team as it will inspire us to continually go above and beyond for our guests.

We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Sit back and relax with an 18 piece afternoon tea.....professional and friendly staff, piano musician with a view!

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

We are elated to hear that your recent experience at Axis Bar and Lounge has exceeded your expectations. Your compliments will definitely be conveyed to the team as I am sure they will be thrilled to know that their efforts have been duly recognised.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Great place for a drink or two with friends. We will be coming back!

G&T were tasty, and so was the dessert wine. Friendly, attentive staff and great view!

Etienne F, Director of Food and Beverage at Axis Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Dear Mandarin Oriental Guest

Thank you for your lovely words. We are delighted to note that we have earned ourselves a fan and the delectable gourmet offerings have surpassed your expectations. It is also most encouraging to hear that you appreciated the polished service provided by our friendly colleagues.

All of us here look forward to serving you again.