See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Negative

1. The room is too small.
2. Too many money boys! All of them are already illegal for overstaying
3. Very dirty, messy!
4. I saw a man "indian" cleaning the balcony at the 2nd floor, automatically the dirty water will go to jacuzzi at the 1st floor.
5. At Sauna, the crowd are ugly, oldies and yuckie!
6. At the bathroom a.) Toilet is very dirty b.) No Tissue or either soap c.) They just use hose instead of bidet, the hose is very dirty and not useful because it has a hole that the water will go to your face!!
7. 1st floor for reception is very dirty, you can see a dog "Dalmatian" always going around at the 1st floor and barking and stink!
8. All floors from 1st to 5th floor are very messy, some of them stink and need a total renovation!

If you already came to BABYLON "Gay Hotel" at Bangkok it's a totally different!! DONT EVERY COME HERE!
This is not a gay friend hotel!

Positive

1. Cheap Price
2. Near Chinatown and Outram Park Station
3. Nearby Resto or for food trippings

Me and my boyfriend just go to Absolute Sauna for fun, it's only at Chinatown just walk away from New Bridge Road.

Room Tip: Not a Friendly Gay Hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Duncansheik
Reviewed November 16, 2012

absolutely woeful the most frustrating sleep of my life for an entire 3 day period,wait hang on I dont think i slept at all! I would have rather covered myself from head to toe in vegemite and sat homeless under a bridge in pyonyang eating kimchee (the really hot one that burns hot) than stay in this dirty, filthy,windowless, unorganised, prostitute infested, boring, lifeless piece of concrete FORTUNATELY LOCATED in the heart of singapore. still wanna stayhere?
DO NOT
SLEEP AT CHANGI TERMINAL 1.”

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank aussietraveller2647
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is dirty, Room is a corridor! WIthout window! Horrible! The bed was dirty without a blanket, disgusting! Don't go there! It's a place for local (skanky) money boy. Try to avoid! Please avoid it. It's better not to go to Singapore at all. I slept dressed, Don't wanna remember that night! The room was 1mt x 2mt!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank dave19764
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for a coupe of nights. I had read the existing reviews on TripAdvisor, so I knew what I would get. It's true that the rooms are quite small and plain, most without windows (I don't know what I would have done had I brought my large suitcase!). The facilities are a little tired, and they could definitely use a facelift. But, there were lots of guys when I was there (though I think they should do something about guys who come in just to offer "massages" for a price), and you do get free entry into the sauna. It's convenient having your own room on-site. Also, the location is great: right next to Outram Park, which is a transit station, and close to the mega-transit station Dhoby Ghaut. You're on the edge of Chinatown, so lots of neighbourhood sightseeing options. I went in knowing what to expect, and I was satisfied with what I got (the price was certainly right!). If you do the same, you'll be satisfied.

Room Tip: I was put in a "Super Single Room"... let's just say I don't know how small the regular single rooms must be!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cyrc_84
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We recently booked a stop over stay at Queen Resident over the internet.
Looking at the website, the double room showed what appeared to be reasonable looking room.
When we arrived, there were a bunch of guys slurping soup near the counter. We proceed to pay by credit card and were told what floor our room was on. When we got to the room we opened the door, took one look, and we both looked at each other and said "there is no way we are staying here!". The bed had only a bottom sheet on it which had stains on it, the pillows looked as though they were about 10 years old, crumpled, flat dirty looking and the walls were all scuffed and grubby. The room you could hardly swing a cat. The rest of the corridors looked dark and dingy with other rooms with Asian men laying on mattresses on the floor. This place is just a filthy unkept pig sty.
We proceeded down the stairs and told them we have changed our mind and could we get our money back. The owner said "once you pay there are no refunds" (mmm, I think that must be the only way they make any money!). We managed to get 3/4's of our money back and left.
We give this place a rating of Zero, and if you are looking for a sauna, Club One Seven is far far cleaner.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple