2,672 results
All reviews loft concept robertson quay bed upstairs small toilet singapore river long queue bars and restaurants short stay pleasant stay rooms are small buffet breakfast mrt station orchard road erna staycation gym nightlife
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Terrible service
Bad management
Expensive
Poor quality breakfast
Need some lessons in how to run a hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank 1978josh
Reviewed November 21, 2011

What we like about this hotel was their Loft style. It's clever to manipulate their limited space with style. Bathroom was unusual & not too comfortable for it's such a small space. The price was quite expensive for such a little room. and actually it's cheaper to book directly to the hotel. (We've booked the hotel by one of the online reservation and got overpriced offer, that's why we felt the hotel price was quite expensive). Breakfast was poor, almost same for every single day (We've stayed for 5 nights). Location near Clarke Quay, so it depends on your trip purpose (whether you like or you don't like it)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Irene W
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Thanks to reviews on Trip Advisor, I knew what to expect when we arrived. The rooms are extra small compared to typical Aussie hotel rooms. But if you're in Singapore to explore the sights, sounds & smells - Studio M offers a good place to rest your head. The bed is comfortable & the hotel is in walking distance of Clarke & Boat Quays. There's also a great Aussie pub just around the corner!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I hated this hotel. To start; the taxi wouldn't pull in to the lobby probably because of the hassle factor of getting in. The drier needs to use his smart card to open the gate. We didn't realize this till the taxi dropped us off and we found the lobby. Then Alice who checked us in was less than friendly. No greeting, no smile, no help, no information about the hotel. She said only "passports". She was slow in her check in process and made one key for my husband and I. My husband asked for another key and without another word she made one and gave it to him.
When we entered the room, we were surpassed by the size of the room. The tiniest room we've stayed in outside of Japan. But the problem was the lack of air-conditioning. We called the front desk and asked for maintenance and someone came right away...he cleaned the filter...still it didn't get cooler. We went to dinner and returned about 6 hours later to a hot and humid room. Again we called and maintenance came up and said he'd check the computer downstairs, (whatever that means). My husband went downstairs to find the manager and requested another room. He turned down two other rooms because of the heat...we checked in at 5 and finally got into a room that was cooled.
There were 4 pillows and all of them were beyond hard. I woke with a neck ache. There is a safe in the room but it didn't work. We reported this to maintenance and he chuckled but we were without a safe. They advertise meeting rooms but, in fact, they have none. They have no business center. The restart is outdoor.
The layout is dangerous, with steep wooden slippery stairs. We paid a corporate rate of $220 and it did not include breakfast!
There is not one positive thing I can say about this hotel. Though it might make a good hostel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hoonoo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

the TA reviews show there are 47 scores for excellent down to 26 for terrible. Why such a huge range? I can offer some reasons why this is possibly so. The price on special is around $200 inclusive of tax a night with breakfast and free wifi which, for Singapore, is very good. The location by the Singapore river for nightlife and restaurants is great. The mezzanine level loft is 'trendy' and different. Its quite new, staff are friendly, and the food I had ranged from excellent to good. The bed is very comfortable and pillows and sheets just great

So why do I mark it only average? Well the location is now where near an MRT and getting taxis is hell unless you leave at 0730. The room toilet and shower (as everyone says) is a box with no ventilation and smell. The 'journey' up and down the stairs to the bathroom in the night is akin to scaling Everest - one slip and hospital awaits (no one with less than cat like agilty should consider this place)...... The TV is upstairs so you have to leave the longe downstairs and lie on the bed to watch TV. The wifi slows down rapidly, the room service was so bad on one day it took 1hr 20mins and was given free. The next day they said 45 min because they said they were understaffed and then it cam in 10 minutes! Part of the room service menu is served in disposable plastic box and disposable cutlery (on the pretext of "hygiene and cleaner suppoundings"!!) . The staff are friendly but the management of them is the big issue plus many can hardly speak english and this applies to front line staff.

So there are great things and there are terrible things. I can see that if things go wrong for you it will go very wrong, if you love the trendiness and nothing happens to your stay you may think its excellent.

For the price I thinks it average, I experienced enough of the problems to say I will not be back but its not the worst hotel I have stayed in (unless of course you fall off the desk while walking up the stairs!) Good luck.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view other than the other half of the hotel - they face each other
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business