2,684 results
All reviews loft concept robertson quay bed upstairs small toilet singapore river long queue bars and restaurants short stay pleasant stay rooms are small public transport buffet breakfast mrt station orchard road erna staycation gym
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's a loft hotel. Smaller rooms... 3 is a crowd. 2 adults and 1 child will fill it all up. However we were comfortable, as once two of us perch on the bed at the top, there's enough space for one child/adult downstairs (if the extra bed isn't spread). Connectivity isn't an issue with most of the hotels in Singapore. Studio M wasn't an exception too with easy accessibility to Bus/Train/Cab. Most of the housekeeping staff doesn't understand English. That makes it really tough to communicate though.

Room Tip: Choose the room with Queen bed on top, for better experience. This tip serves better to those going with family.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
StudioMHotel_SG, AGRM at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Vishal V,
We are so glad to hear from you about your recent stay with us. Thank you for giving us a positive review and sharing your experience that help us to improve the quality of our service/product.We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel’s central location, we wish to assure you that our team will be looking into such areas (housekeeping staff) as we are always looking for ways to improve on our service and efficiency. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m sorry to say this - my worst hotel stay ever. It has stained and dirty walls in our room, the bidet was not working, overall room was not well maintained. Moreover, the walls weren’t sound proof and seems like many students like to stay overnight as if it is a cheap chalet as there were many loud screams and noise at night that can be heard in the room and corridors. In actual fact we bumped into many students wearing tshirts and slippers and one even stayed in the lift glued to his phone (playing a game) and refused to come out of the lift until repeated calling. Breakfast was bad too... Overall, the pics are overrated and if you believe all that you are gonna be terribly disappointed!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benadino7

Dear Benjamin C,
Thank you for sharing your review here at TripAdvisor. I am so sorry that you had that unfortunate experience during your stay with. We are really appreciate your feedback . I am happy to share with you that currently, our hotel is on going for refurbishment .And I hope that you do give us a chance to do some amends and make improvements on our service/product to make your stay with us in the future comfortable and unforgettable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check-in/out: It's a bit too slow. It takes them on average 10 minutes to serve a customer. It looks like they are following a standard list of procedure/question to make sure each customer is satisfied and their computer is slow. Improvement: have a person dedicated for concierge service rather than bundle them all at check-in and out. Computer system upgrade?

Rooms: it has ticked all the basic standard but not more. No iron, no bathrobe (I saw it in other's pictures but not in my room). Things are clean on the surface but if you look closer, there's dust. Especially when I turned on a switch, I can see a thick layer of black dust appearing on the top of it - quite disgusting. Improvements: clean more thoroughly, not just surface.

Toilet/Shower: As others have mentioned, shower and toilet are separated. The toilet is too tiny. I'm a small person and when I sit down, my legs are nearly touching the wall. Can't imagine how can other tall people fit in. The shower is old-school decoration (pale tile), looks like a school gym shower to me - that's really my first impression. The sink is outside in the living area - I'm not sure I like this idea. Improvements: maybe renewing the tile wall to glass wall. A new makeover maybe necessary and move the sink inside the toilet...

Curtain: I can't fully close the outer curtain as there's no rope to control it (only the inner one has). I had to draw the curtain manually but it's too high for me to make sure the upper part fo the curtain is fully drawn towards the wall...

In general, I really like the idea of a loft room. It's a beautiful spacious room and it can be much nicer than it is now

Room Tip: Any loft room
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Kybie26,
Thank you for dropping by here at TripAdvisor and sharing your review with regards your recent stay with us.I sincerely apologize about your unpleasant experience. We are taking all our guest feedback seriously and all your concerns will be discussed in our management review. Rest assure that we are taking actions to address the issues you identified.We expect every experience here at Studio M to be outstanding particularly in service and I am sorry that we missed the mark with you on your visit. Please give us another chance and opportunity to serve you once again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

TL;DR - Bad management with crowds & only gave me my room key when I approach the counter saying I have been waiting for 3h. Extremely dusty that I had sore throat, cough, couldn’t breathe right, sleep at night and probably finish their tissue paper. LEGIT BAD, WONT BE BACK.

This is my 2nd visit after 2 years.

I get it, a busy Saturday. It took the manager 2h to get us a room after queuing for nearly an hour at the check-in line from 2pm. There was no order and proper system to manage the amount of guest, everyone just sat and stood around after attempting to check-in with hopes of being approached by the staff with a room. Several couples who came after us got their room, including a friendly couple with the same room type as us that was approached an hour before us. We were almost immediately given our room key after I personally approach the counter staff and said that I have been at the lobby for 3h, which made me believe they forgot about me.

In the hallway, the walls were being painted and had to be careful of the wet paint. It was happening on a long stretch up to right in front of my corner room door. The smell wasn’t bad.

Upon entering, the curtains were not drawn and I was invited with the view of sun, a mini park and a river. The room was fine and acceptable, but really extremely dusty. I begin to have an itchy throat, teary eyes, nose leaking, coughed and sneezed non-stop. My sense of smell & taste was gone; dinner was totally tasteless despite having sambal soy sauce, smoked cheese sauce and salted egg sauce from Makisan (the flavours pack a punch pls). I could not sleep at night due to the dust as well, had to sleep upright. I might have finished up the entire box of tissue paper too.

I did not leave the room from check-in time. But when I did, I stopped sneezing & blowing nose, eyes were no longer swollen, and my sense of smell is back. After 2h from leaving, I was totally normal again.

P.S. my partner also started to sneeze and have runny nose after some time.

I WILL NOT BE BACK EVER.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear JiaYi T,
Thank you for letting us know your recent experience with us here at Studio M Hotel. I apologize if our service / product did not meet your expectations and I appreciate that you taking time to share your concerns.Our goal is to provide a consistently reliable product and an exemplary level of customer service.Based on the events that you described , we did not meet this goal and I am very sorry for that.Rest assure that we are taking immediate amends/actions for all your concern mentioned. Please allow us for another opportunity to serve you as it is a privilege to have you here at Studio M Hotel.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

The staff at Studio M is absolutely friendly and they went an extra mile to ensure a pleasant stay for us. Special thank you to April for all arrangements made. She is fast and efficient, making sure our booking was made successful at such short notice. Thank you!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
StudioMHotel_SG, AGRM at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Yipeee! Thank you so much maltrishkaur for staying with us and for the lovely compliments. I am heartened to hear that your experience was an exquisite one. I am glad that my team and myself made afforded you with the most impeccable experience and I hope to welcome you back soon.