2,668 results
All reviews loft concept robertson quay bed upstairs small toilet singapore river long queue bars and restaurants short stay pleasant stay rooms are small buffet breakfast mrt station orchard road erna staycation gym nightlife
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We arrived at approx 4.00 p.m. We had a long wait for check in, desk staff not adequately trained, took forever. There were 5 in our group. We had booked a superior room and a studio loft. Were allocated two studio loft rooms despite paying for a superior room, when staff were alerted of this after some discussion, we were allocated a "superior room" (no different to studio loft except for the bed configuration). The superior room was booked for 3 adults, there was no second bed made up, no provision for towels etc for 3. Had to ask front desk several times to make up divan and arrange for additional towels to be provided. This was done after some time. However, the cleaning staff never left 3 towels after cleaning, it took several days for that to sink in, BUT we were never left 3 teabags or coffee sachets. We had to leave a note for the cleaning staff to remind them that there were 3 occupants of the room, we did finally get the right number of towels, however not tea or coffee. One day we even got a towel that had a big hole in it and a tear. The rooms are not hoovered every day, we had the same crumbs in the same location on the floor for 3 days running,

The rooms are small, not suitable for any more than 2 persons and not large ones!!. The shower and toilet are really small, once the divan bed is made out, there is no room downstairs for any type of movement, do not take large suitcases, no sufficient room for those! We had to leave a deposit of $200.00 per person, we were not advised of this at time of booking.

The service of the front desk is not good, more training needs to be given especially on PR issues.

Key card did not work on several occasions, had trouble getting it re-programmed, the desk staff blamed a mobile phone for the card not working, however the guest did not have a mobile phone. It had to be re-set 4 times during a 10 night stay.

Shuttle Coach driver pleasant and helpful, staff who arranged taxi's etc also pleasant and helpful as were the porters. It would seem that the front desk is where most of the issues lay. Definitely more training or new staff that are competent

We asked about booking tours, the front desk were unable to help, there is no tours that can be booked from that hotel, they have no information on any of the attractions available in Singapore, no information on tour operators either. No promotion of Singapore at all.

Overall a bad experience that I will not repeat, next time I will book another hotel that caters for all my needs such as tours, friendly and efficient staff and more room to move in. Our holiday was not a good experience accommodation wise. Singapore a great holiday location but Studio M not a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesleywakeling
StudioMGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have noted your concerns and this has enabled us an opportunity to reassess and make improvements to our systems and processes as we strive to meet the expectations of our guests.

We thank you for your understanding and patience with the instances where our staff communication may have fallen short and must be appropriate at all times.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

This was booked by my travel agent for my one night stop over, but seeing the reviews about the small rooms made me a bit apprehensive.
It pretty much met my expectations - small! I was by myself and good thing too otherwise it could push travel stress to breaking point. On the toilet seat my knees got close to touching the wall. The ceiling mounted Air con unit blows from only a couple of metres away directly onto the bed (that was the worst aspect of this hotel) and the TV can only be seen from the bed.
There was no view (apart from people in the adjacent wing of the hotel), though it didn;t matter alot to me as it got dark shortly after getting in. The breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Pros: Nice concept with the stairs going to the loft bed...feel like a penthouse condo...bed is comfortable and 2 flatscreen TVs...the pub is nice and i got to watch world cup game
Cons: (1)Room service is not available and no much choice to order at the restaurant...feel like a no frills hotel for a quite pricy rate (2) no one picked up my call to the front desk...try to get extra hangers...4 hangers not enough for biz traveler like me...(3) bathroom is too small, difficult to open the door and get out from the room

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Yes, the rooms are very small, but . . . everything is new and nice. It felt like a very trendy and up to date hotel with brand new everything. The pool are was a great place to hang out even if you weren't using the pool. The water was too cold for my liking, but most pools aren't heated and that's how it is. The bed was super comfortable. We had a good view of the city. The room was dark so you can sleep in if you want to and was very quiet. We had no problems checking in or out quickly. The bathroom was really small but don't really need to spend much time in it so who cares. The water is ok to drink out of the faucet which was nice and they gave you conditioner which seems to be rare in this part of the world. I would definitely recommend this hotel for 2 people or three travelers who are not carrying much luggage.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lzinsmaster11
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I have travelled to 31 different countries, and this hotel was one of my favorite that I have ever stayed at.

I don't understand the complaints from a lot of the reviews.

Very cool concept, nice location, cool vibe.

I noticed a lot of the guests were in their 20's and early 30's, and this is who I think would enjoy this hotel. Also, I would recommend the hotel for 1, 2, or maybe 3 people at the most. Yes, the space is not huge in the room, but it is still very nice in the loft.

Free wi-fi, nice pool, nice fitness centre, good location (I don't know how people complain about walking 10 minutes to a MTR stop, it's good for your health).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple