“The Club at Marina Bay Sands-57”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #40 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Check in is just 2 minutes ^^
baggage right behind us- we have the perfect view-
SKYPARK is just so great !!!

---Infinity pool has the best view but the water kinda cold though- hope they would convert it to HEATED POOL

Comlimentary Shuttle Bus

== I don't know why there are so many complains-

Room Tip: Club rooms & suites are the best
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a smooth check in process and that you enjoyed your time up on the SkyPark.

I appreciate your feedback on the infinity pool and have shared it with SkyPark management team for review.

I look forward to your next visit at our one-stop destination of entertainment, shopping and restaurants at Marina Bay Sands!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

After our cruise from Southampton we spent 4 nights at this amazing hotel.
We were early for the check-in but the reception found us a room on the 48th floor which was fantastic. It was imaculate and the porter was so cheerful and showed us where everthing was. The view was terrific which made us take too many photos.
The Rise restaurant was really good though a little expensive - the inclusive buffet breakfasts had everything one could wish for.
The rooftop pool area was exceptional with tight security, pleasant staff always smilling and polite. One could not help but relax in this area.
We went to the theatre to see 'Wicked' which was very good.
Before we booked I read some of the reviews which seemed to give the impression that the hotel was overrated with problems with reception and service. We decided to give it a try because we thought that most of the adverse comments may have been due to teethng problems with the new development and the fact that the 'Trip' does attract the hypercritical/moaners in our society. We took the gamble and it certainly paid off and can safely say it is one of the best hotels we have stayed in (we have stayed at the Oriental and Marina Mandarin which we consider excellent hotel and this one is also excellent

Room Tip: Booking through an agent/tour operator may be cheaper than direct. We were told that the higher r...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Critik

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your room stay as well as the beautiful views from your room. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Rise Restaurant and that you had the chance to catch Wicked.

Currently, we offer Best Rate Guarantee, our promise that the best room rates for Marina Bay Sands are found when you book direct at our website. Should find a better price online within 24 hours, we will honor the lower rate and upgrade your room to the next level, free of charge.

I am encouraged to hear that our service standards exceeded your expectations. I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands for future visits to experience more of what we have to offer as a one-stop destination.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

A well below expectations experience. The myth around the MBS had built anticipation for the experience which reality belied. Check-in was a disaster with me being asked to wait 1-2 hours for my room despite the hotel having been informed of flight times etc 2 weeks in advance of arrival. The room was ordinary with stained carpets (probably coffee/tea or wine stains around the fridge area and the desk. The food was less than average quality and hugely over-priced in restaurants. One restaurant had a cover charge of S$100/- with no reason for it ... the food is awful and the service atrocious. This last was the clincher for me ... I have never stayed in an upmarket hotel with worse service than the MBS. The staff are rude and speak poor English with no interest to serve customers. They seem to be imports because in all likelihood Singaporeans are over qualified for service level jobs. It was a nightmare get the room cleaned or extra water placed in the room. The redeeming feature was the gym but the spa was again a disaster -- dirty towels strewn around, showers not functioning, overflowing urinals ... simply ghastly. Singapore offers better options. Suggest you take them. I will.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank deepakmDelhi

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience. I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing from you so we can investigate and improve on the details that you have provided feedback on.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Marina bay sands is a place where you don't even have to go out to enjoy your stay. The hotel has everything you will ever need! The room is big and comfortable, bathroom was great and clean. Service was uncomparable! They give you everything you may ever need without even asking! It has a big mall which has everything, low end and high end stuff. It has a grocery and convenience store, a theater, food court, restaurants, you don't even have to go out of the hotel. It's an entertainment complex actually not just a hotel. The view from our room was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to new and returning travelers to singapore.

• Stayed: January 2012
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for your great review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room, and that our service standards matched your expectations.

There is no greater satisfaction that receiving kind words from a valued guest. We at Marina Bay Sands strive to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day to ensure that our guests have a warm and comfortable stay.

I look forward to your next visit at Marina Bay Sands to experience more of what our property has to offer as a one-stop destination!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

As a local, I have had my fair share of staying in some of the hgh end local hotels here in Singapore. Marina Bay Sands for me will be the one and only which I will recognise henceforth. Superb surroundings, fantastic staff, brilliant accomodation and the best home away from home. No second thoughts or distractions in future when it comes to a hotel stay in Singapore! Period.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that your recent visit was a successful one.

We hope to welcome you back to stay at Marina Bay Sands in the near future, perhaps when Bay South, one of the three waterfront gardens of Gardens by the Bay opens officially in June later this year.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in February 2012.
We booked our Club City View room direct with the hotel.
AIRPORT TRANSFER - We were collected from the airport by hotel limo, which was not there when we arrived. We had to wait nearly an hour at the airport, very bad start.
CHECK IN - Arrived at the hotel at 19-00 where we had our bags taken from us and told to make our way to the check in desk. This was very, very busy, but no problem as we had VIP check in lounge access, so we headed there. Our room was supposed to be ready for 15-00 hours but the receptionist couldn't find our room and it was not ready at 7pm!!! After 15 minutes checking in we were given our key card and told of our room. Very poor check in and collection.
ROOM - Our room was on the 49th floor out of 57 in tower 2. The room cost nearly £500 per night and was large with superb views of the harbor. But it had no style and the interior was modern with no finesse.
SWIMMING POOL ON 57TH FLOOR - WOW!!! Absolutely amazing.
HOTEL LOBBY - Like Billy Smarts Circus. Talk about chaotic, it was pure madness, like being in a shopping center over xmas.
HOTEL BARS - We used the hotel bar located opposite tower 2. For 2 draft beers and 2 diet cokes it cost nearly £20 UK money. Rip off or what!!
FACILITIES - The hotel has a museum (Titanic exhibition), Theater, exhibition center, shopping mall, food courts etc etc. It is truly massive.

OVERALL - I was disappointed with this hotel because it lacked any personal touches. It just seemed like every person through the door was looked upon as a cash machine and the hotel did everything it could to encourage spending rather than making sure the customer was happy. The hotel is a great concept but just went a bit too far.

TRANSFER FROM AIRPORT - I was told at the hotel reception that I would receive my 120 SD back because the car should have been there to meet us and we had to wait nearly one hour. I have paid this 120 SD on my card and am waiting for it to be refunded. At the time of writing this review I am still waiting for my refund which I was told I would get.

Would I stay here again? - NO, I would rather stay in the nearby Manderin Oriental, Fullerton or even the Pan Pacific.

Tip for the hotel management - Improve your customer service and be more personal to your customers.

Room Tip: Always request a room with a City View
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BottmanFamily
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay. I am disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced which may have marred your otherwise pleasant visit.

I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you so that we can investigate and follow up on the details with you.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

As the title mentioned aboved. This hotel is non-targeted for business stay at all despite being a 5 Star and well known hotel. The service is really dissapointing, for instance:

1. I booked the Clubroom which suppose to come with a Nespresso machine. I called them to ask where is the machine. Their answer was it is only available to "Suites Room". And guess what? I later found the machine hidden in the cupboard that is with the safe. Their information is totally unreliable.

2. I called them to help me collect the Hotel postcard from my room to post it. They told me they can't estimate the price to post the card because of the measurement? They don't know their own Hotel Postcard measurement???

3. Check in time is totally terrible.

If you are looking for a hotel that provide great service, this hotel will not be for you.
If you are looking for a hotel for the convenience for gambling and shop for luxurious goods, then this is for you.

Lastly, I will definitely not stay nor recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank wwsfeeling

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not a successful one.

I have sent you a private message and I look forward to hearing from you. We would like to investigate and improve on the specifics that you have shared.