Marina Bay Sands
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
24,342 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsky parkcity vieworchid suiteobservation deckrise restaurantbucket listhuge hotelclub roomlight showmarina bayiconic hotelhotel guestsshopping mallsingapore skylinefood courtroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have never been treated as bad as I was in Marina Bay Sands. The service was mostly plain rude, was given a wrong room (and they made us wait for 5 hours for the new one!) and overall the hotel is way overrated. However, the rooftop lounge for suite quests was very nice and the service there was excellent. Also the rooftop pool is awesome and suite rooms are nice and offer a breathtaking city view. (Normal rooms not recommended at all, you get much better value in other 5 star hotels in Singapore).

Room Tip: City view is a must!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chiisaineko
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The challenges you encountered are not consistent with the high service standards we strive to achieve here at Marina Bay Sands. I have sent you a private message and I look forward to your reply.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Upon booking the Grand Room via the website with Marina Bay Sands Hotel, I was very excited and looking very forward to enjoy my stay. Marina Bay Sands Hotel was known as a renowned hotel with very posh facade. However, I encountered some problems with the room facilities and amenities.
The checking in was a smooth process. When we entered our Grand Room, we were impressed with the spacious interior design. We then tried to turn on the television but to my horror, there wasn't any connection and it was not working at all. We immediately called up the concierge and about 15 minutes later the technician was up to rectify the situation. 30 minutes later, he was still unable to rectify the problem. The second technician came up to help him and finally they resolved the problem after an hour. I tired calling the concierge to change a room but they told me to wait for an hour as the housekeeper needed to clean up the room. We was all the way in the room while the two technicians were trying the solved the problem. What I felt is that Marina Bay Sands should change another room for us while they try to resolve the television issue furthermore I wasted my one hour of stay just looking them resolving the problem.
Several hours later, while we were watching the television, it suddenly hang again. We had to call the technicians up again which in turn wasted another 30 mins of our time.
I suggest frequent checks to be done to the hotel facilities and amenities to avoid such situation from arising again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Good Stay and well looked after after a hectic trip to India.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Marina Bay Sands is a typical large hotel that is overcrowded and expensive BUT, staying to experience the pool on the roof at the Sky Park is worth at least one night. The food and drinks are very expensive, The standard room was nice, clean, and the bathroom was large with a wonderful soaking tub. But don't expect a bargain - just go to experience the fabulous views from the Sky Park and the ambiance of the pool.

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms offer more spectacular views - personally, we preferred the city view - really incredible views!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

In my circumstance, I had heard of Marina Bay Sands, and was looking at reviews to assist in deciding whether the money was worth the hotel, or if I was paying for the marketing and hype surrounding the hotel. Overall you get what you pay for, so if you can spend the money on the hotel it is definitely worth staying there. And if also like me if you are deciding Marina Bay or Raffles, both have positives, but on the balance i would stay at Bay Sands and definitely trip to Raffles for the sling experience.

Marina Bay offers complimentary shuttle service every 30 mins to and from airport (about 35 mins to hotel). Check in was quick and easy with a reception desk at each tower (I arrived at 7pm. I did notice between 4-5:30 throughout my stay it was busy so could be more of a wait).

The room i stayed in was a city view, it was spacious, offered excellent views of the Singapore river and the Merlion and was very clean. The bed was comfortable, overall it was an excellent room. The infinity pool is nice, but if looking at the hotel i am sure you are aware of this.

Across from the towers were rooms are situated is the shopping and entertainment area, boasting luxury shops, celebrity chefs (excellent quality restaurants, not tv personalities who cannot run a kitchen), the casino and theatres.

With designer brands and quality restaurants, staying at Bay Sands can quickly become a very expensive experience. It really will come down to the individual, and the hotel does an excellent job of catering to everyone, with a food court, a small store for soft drink and snacks and some cheaper alternative restaurants. One of the cheaper alternatives is excellent quality asian cuisine and cheap, on the bottom floor, it is always busy but worth dining in.

The location of Marina Bay is away from the main action of Singapore i.e. Orchard Rd, China Town and little India, but a taxi to orchard rd is $10.

I would recommend staying here as everything is accessible in Singapore, and as a hotel it does offer everything you need if you wanted to stay at the hotel, the only caution is, if money is tight be careful as things can get expensive quickly. If you can spend the money, definitely look into the restaurants Cut and also Guy Savoy.

Room Tip: Upgrade to city view. In most cases sea view is the best option, but City view is far superior for Marina Bay, as you see the skyline, the Singapore river and the Merlion.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Damian G

Dear Damian G, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us.

You are correct to state that Marina Bay Sands is very accessible. In addtion to easy availability of taxis, the opening of the Bayfront MRT Station on 14 January earlier this year has provided another convenient mode to travel to and from Marina Bay Sands.

Thank you for the recommendation of two of our Celebrity Chef Restaurants: CUT and Guy Savoy. I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back and try more of our world-class dining options.