“No hype...it's all real!”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #40 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Marina bay sands was the best stay in a long time! We got to the hotel at 1pm and the front desk staff gave us our room right away. I have worked in hotels in europe most of my life and i knw how hotels manage rooms now days. Even if you reserve your room 6 months n advance, most modern day city hotels will not block a room for you. They will give the best view rooms to the first people who show up. In our case, that was us!! So we got a great room on the 48th floor. Was a bit disappointed that the room had no bathtube. The ciew from the room was mind blowing! We went up to the pool very early in the morning and had a gat swim. The pool filled up very quickly and by10am it was swarming with kids. However, the hotel blocks the pool area over tower 3 for only adults. So we grabbed a couple of seats there. They have these cool beds under a water flow on the sides of the pool. They were very cool! The furnitures in the pool is getting very work though. Time for a change.
My biggest disappointment though was the complete lack of TV channels to watch. The pay movies are rideculously expensive! They have about 20 TV channels, most of which were the regional channels. For a $500 per night hotel, i would expect much more.
Everything else was perfec. The staff were very friendly and always willing to go the distance for the guests.

Room Tip: Try the banyan tree spa! Wow wow wow!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael B
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for your review, Michael B. I am happy to hear, especially from a fellow industry professional, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to your comment, the deluxe rooms are not equipped with bathtubs. I have shared your comment about the pool furniture with the relevant Department Heads for review.

Your compliments on our Team Members will be an added boost to the Team’s efforts at creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day.

I value your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to stay with us in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (23,194)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

This sprawling hotel has attentive service and a fantastic buffet breakfast which ou should make sure you have ncluded in your tarrif otherwise it will cost S$45.00. There are so many cooking stations and foods from around the world that it would satisfy any traveller. Enjoy the noodles, the pastries and even sushi.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of harbour not the construction site.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Travellingsparkies

Dear Travellingsparkies, I am thrilled to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us and I am especially encouraged by your positive comments on our service standards.

Rooms facing the sea side with the current construction will indeed be spectacular once Gardens by the Bay is opened for public viewing at the end of June 2012.

We offer a variety of culinary experiences to cater to our guests from all over the world. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us in the near future to experience more of our world-class dining options.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I recently went on a family trip to Singapore to celebrate my birthday and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. All the hotel staff were amazingly helpful, in particular Wilson and Agnes from the front desk, they went above and beyond what was expected.

I cant thank them enough for what they did, they really did make my birthday holiday a memorable one.

Thank you again, we will be back!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cherie B

A happy belated birthday and thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is great to hear that our Team Members Wilson and Agnes contributed to your memorable stay.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for more memorable once-in-a-lifetime experiences!.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

WOW this is a something else hotel and well worth a visit. I cannot match this to any where else I have stayed, the design, attention to detail and quality is first class. Service matches this too, we were offered water in a very short que for reception and no wait for breakfast which was very impressive considering the large number of people to seat. It does have a little airport terminal feeling to it though but what do you expect form a hotel that accommodates so many people. The roof top bool area is very impressive but not relaxing, the water is freezing and there are too many excited children running about. You must have a splash here though as how many opporutnies do you get to swim in a roof top infinity pool with incredible sights over Singapore hey?!? Room standard was superb, every attention gone into the design and comfort to guests. Beakfast selection was incredible, dim sum = yum, yum:) A must stay for a stop over visit but if you are looking for day time relaxation perhaps a hotel with less acommodation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgina T

Dear Georgina T, I am delighted to hear that you and your partner had a wonderful stay and that you particularly enjoyed breakfast.

Service is of top priority for us and we continue to listen to guests’ feedback and refine our processes and service delivery levels.

With regards to your comment on the infinity pool at the SkyPark, the temperature of the water is regulated by weather conditions. I will be sure to share your feedback with SkyPark management team.

I certainly hope to be able to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer to our guests.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My kids enjoyed the infinity pool and the Skypark Observation Deck so much. Amazing night view from here.

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AidaBahari

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted to hear that your kids enjoyed their time up on the SkyPark as well as the amazing night views of the Singapore skyline from up there.

I look forward to your next visit at our one-stop destination of entertainment, shopping and restaurants in Marina Bay Sands.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have never been treated as bad as I was in Marina Bay Sands. The service was mostly plain rude, was given a wrong room (and they made us wait for 5 hours for the new one!) and overall the hotel is way overrated. However, the rooftop lounge for suite quests was very nice and the service there was excellent. Also the rooftop pool is awesome and suite rooms are nice and offer a breathtaking city view. (Normal rooms not recommended at all, you get much better value in other 5 star hotels in Singapore).

Room Tip: City view is a must!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chiisaineko

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The challenges you encountered are not consistent with the high service standards we strive to achieve here at Marina Bay Sands. I have sent you a private message and I look forward to your reply.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Upon booking the Grand Room via the website with Marina Bay Sands Hotel, I was very excited and looking very forward to enjoy my stay. Marina Bay Sands Hotel was known as a renowned hotel with very posh facade. However, I encountered some problems with the room facilities and amenities.
The checking in was a smooth process. When we entered our Grand Room, we were impressed with the spacious interior design. We then tried to turn on the television but to my horror, there wasn't any connection and it was not working at all. We immediately called up the concierge and about 15 minutes later the technician was up to rectify the situation. 30 minutes later, he was still unable to rectify the problem. The second technician came up to help him and finally they resolved the problem after an hour. I tired calling the concierge to change a room but they told me to wait for an hour as the housekeeper needed to clean up the room. We was all the way in the room while the two technicians were trying the solved the problem. What I felt is that Marina Bay Sands should change another room for us while they try to resolve the television issue furthermore I wasted my one hour of stay just looking them resolving the problem.
Several hours later, while we were watching the television, it suddenly hang again. We had to call the technicians up again which in turn wasted another 30 mins of our time.
I suggest frequent checks to be done to the hotel facilities and amenities to avoid such situation from arising again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends