“Stunning”

Ranked #38 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne
“Stunning”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We had seen pictures of the roof top pool on travel shows and knew we would have to have a swim there. Stayed at the hotel for one night only (a bit out of our price range but a special occasion this time). What an absolutely amazing building complex and what about that pool! The hotel is just huge with over 3000 rooms and we thought it would be glitzy and pretentious and totally over the top - well I guess it was the latter (what else could a hotel with a 150 metre, curved infinity rooftop pool, 57 floors up, spanning three building towers be?) but certainly not the former. Had heard that check in/out could take ages - not for us - it was very efficient. Staff were very friendly and helpful but to tell you the truth, there was not much direct contact. This place is like a small city on its own and the people you were dealing with citizens of the city. Buffet dinner and breakfast at the gargantuan Rise restaurant couldn't be falted - what a spread of food. Excellent value (as long as you didn't order drinks which really make a dint on your bill!)

Room Tip: See if you can get a room at the end of one of the corridors - views 2 ways.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Warooka, I am thrilled to hear that you and your partner had a successful stay with us.

We are continuously looking at ways to improve our check-in and check-out processes, particularly during peak periods and weekends, for our 2,561 room hotel spanning across 3 towers. As such, we have implemented initiatives such as additional check-in counters in various areas of the lobby and constantly reviewing the systems for improvement.

Most recently, we rolled out a new state-of-the-art arrival service that enables hotel guests to complete check-in on board our complimentary Marina Bay Sands coach buses, allowing guests to proceed directly to their hotel room.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,337)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Like I said a place must stay, it is definitely worth the price. We stayed in Premier room's type...breathtaking view from the room and sky park. Rasa Pura Food Court at Marina Bay Sands Shopping Mall is affordable if you don't want to pay so much money for your meal. Don't miss their raw salmon on their buffet breakfast at Rise Restaurant. Definitely will stay in next visit to Singapore..in other words: save money now to spend @ Marina Bay Sands later.

Room Tip: Any type of room with city view and high floor too.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Kayla B, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay in one of our Premier Rooms and I look forward to welcoming you both back again to experience more of what our property has to offer.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here the last night of my 4.5-week trip through SEA. It is terribly expensive but it was sooo worth it. I wish I'd been with someone as the price would've been the same, but I had a fantastic time. I spent part of the afternoon in the (amazing) pool and watched the sunset there. Same with breakfast. So cool :) The concierge was always helpful and all the staff are well trained. Even though some people complained about the size of the hotel, I had no problem, always smiling, always ready to help. Cool thing was that I was about to take a taxi to the airport when the bell boy asked me if I knew about their (free) shuttle... "nope". I wouldn't have mind paying the taxi, but it was nice to have a free ride in the hotel bus. The room itself was gorgeous, I stayed on the 47th or 48th floor with the city view. Lovely. Sofa and desk was also very nice. Bell boy explained everything and was ready for my questions. The bed was really comfy and I couldn't hear any of the neighbours. Definitely recommended, very expensive but the best out there. Big plus.

Room Tip: Pick the city view, the sea side (was) still a big construction site when I was there. Lots of oil t...
Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, SolOrp.

I am thrilled to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am especially heartened to hear your compliments on our Team Members. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests every day.

Thank you for your recommendation and I certainly hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in future for more memorable experiences.
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We visited this hotel (more of a shopping / entertainment complex) in March on the recommendation of a friend.
What an amazing place - glamorous shopping and a wonderful art/sculpture trail. But the highlight was sipping a cocktail on the rooftop bar overlooking the port of Singapore and watching the sunset - magnificent !
Would love to stay here on any future visits to Singapore

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy R
Dear CindyR0bb, I am delighted to hear that the highlight of your stay was your time up at the SkyPark, watching the beautiful sunset.

I am happy to hear that you had the chance to experience the Marina Bay Sands Art Path as well and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Sydney
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Given all the hype about the hotel, my partner and I had high expectations. Thankfully those expectations were met. We stayed in a Premier room on the 43rd floor of Tower 1, which had a view of the Singapore Strait.

The room was wonderful - King Size bed, his and her sinks and a freestanding bathtub.

The infinity pool at the top was simply amazing, affording a wonderful view of the city. The only issue was the crowd - best to go very early to have free reign over the pool.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time staying in one of our Premier Rooms.

We understand that the infinity pool is a popular choice for our hotel guests to wind down, and the privacy of our hotel guests is extremely important to us.

With regards to the management of crowds at the SkyPark, one of our ongoing initiatives has been to offer guided tours to our Observation Deck visitors to view the Pool and the Gardens at 10am, 2pm and 9pm daily.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Perth

The Marina Bay Sands is the most wonderful place to stay. Everyone should do it
if only once in a life time. It is well worth booking the club room and facilites. Service is exceptional as is the food and beveridges. View from room is beautiful, the pool is magnificant.

Room Tip: We have stayed there 3 times each time in a different tower. I prefer a room overlooking Marina B...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Lois K, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us.

I am happy to hear that our Team Members succeeded in achieving our goal to provide magnificent experiences for each and every one of our guests’ visits.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back to stay with us in the near future.
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

Seriously amazing hotel if you have the money. Worth every penny. We were lucky to get a corporate deal. For a hotel this size, service was great. We had one day were we had to ask to get our room kcleaned but otherwise, faultless. At breakfast, the buffet was so far away from the table, your food was almost cold by the time you found your way back!! I guess that's what happens with over 1000 rooms. Food was fabulous.
The pool was the stand out.
You really never had to leave, this hotel has everything including cinemas.

Stayed September 2011
Dear AMcLeay, thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last year, in particular your time up at the SkyPark.

We offer a choice of several venues for breakfast at Marina Bay Sands. In addition to In-Room Dining, we have breakfast options within the hotel lobby at Rise, Fuse and Jin Shan, as well as at Sky on 57 and The Club at Marina Bay Sands at the SkyPark. You may drop by Sweet Spot for a quick bite or Rasapura Masters at The Shoppes as well.

With regards to your comment on cinemas, you may be referring to the two Theaters: Sands Theater or Grand Theater. We have an exciting line-up of shows at Marina Bay Sands!

I hope that you will be back to visit us as a leading destination of business, leisure and entertainment in Asia.