All reviews rooms are small room size short stay hawker mtr
Reviewed August 16, 2015

I booked 3 nights at this hotel for my parents when they came to visit.

Pros: 5 minute walk from Chinatown MRT, lots of food options around the area, lively Chinatown is just at your doorstep, reasonably priced for Singapore standards and the room was very clean.

Cons: Rooms are tiny. I booked a Deluxe Room for my parents and there was hardly any room for their luggage. There was no separation between the shower and toilet. Walls are pretty thin, so you may hear doors slamming and noise from the street outside.

If you are not a light sleeper and all you need is just a clean and convenient place to sleep and you are looking for a hotel that costs less than S$150 per night, then this hotel will suit your needs just fine.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2015

I booked an executive room and only managed to arrive the hotel at 2am because of flight delay. The check-in was swift; however we were given a room on the ground floor because the staff said that was the only executive room left.

The room we got was a disabled room. The room size is reasonable, yet the room condition is far from expectation and photos shown on all hotel booking websites and the hotel's official website.

The room comes with minimal amenities and the cushioning on the bed framed was also stained. The worst thing is we could literally hear every sound from the nearby rooms. The room was also badly designed as the water pipes were put right on top of the bed area, which we could hear toilet flushing and showering sounds. It was so annoying that we had to check out at 7am as we could not tolerate any longer.

We gave feedback to the hotel staff upon check out. Yet the staff said the hotel is not his and it was actually his first time seeing the photos of the executive room. He also insisted the room we got was an executive room.

Overall hotel staff was not helpful in acknowledging the feedback or doing something about it. The stay was not worth the amount of money we paid for. Only stay if you could sleep under any situation and are looking for a convenient location.

Room tip: Choose only if you're able to tolerate any noise.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank steph416
Reviewed July 24, 2015

The hotel was all it said it would be. The rooms are very small, still I was upgraded to queens size bed upon arrival as a solo traveler. But if you are not going to spend a lot of time in the room it had everything you could need. The bed was nice and the shower/bathroom was nice and clean. I can recommend the hotel for those who only need a place to sleep and who want a great location in the centre. The only thing unfortunate was that there was no breakfast at the hotel, nor was there any place nearby that served breakfast.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gustav G
Reviewed July 23, 2015

as you may know, singapore hotel is over-priced. my daddy and I found ourselves in the best luck when we decided to spend our 2-night stay with Porcelain Hotel (China Town). we enjoy the superior feeling of this neat and clean boutique. it's well-accommodated our comfort and also our demand of shopping and tasting local foods thanks to its surrounded outlets and restaurants. the price is fair especially even when dealing with the short-timing booking.

we're certainly be back!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2015

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in my 5 nights stay in Singapore. Was initially shocked with the size of my original room (standard queen) but realized that it shows in my itinerary that it is indeed 10sq.m. Other than that, I was happy with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. From the check in (shout out to Adrian from the reception), to the amenities, everything was up to standard. Would surely recommend to the budget conscious yet smart traveler.

Walking distance to the bars (Neil Road), shopping (chinatown), MRT (2 blocks away), and varieties of restaurants surrounding the area.

Room tip: Superior Double room is just perfect specially for double occupancy and if you have big luggage
Date of stay: July 2015