1,488 results
All reviews mrt station balestier road shuttle service shuttle bus accor hotels free wifi rooms are small handy phone minute walk basic amenities front office staff comfortable stay decent hotel short stay food court buffet breakfast public transport
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed there 3 nights - located in the business district, this is fairly new hotel - a good 3 star Ibis.
It offers clean rooms, good service and free wifi.
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but decided to try local restaurants in the area - some of the places we have seen can be rather intimidating, but packed with locals - therefore the food must be good.
The hotel is also not far from large shopping centre with a large food court with many different type of food.
Not the best location in Singapore but easy to reach by cab and offers great value for money

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeremy D
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Singapore Novena.It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback so enable us to improve further.

I will share your comments with all the team members especially to the Housekeeping department for up keeping the cleanliness of the hotel . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are grateful for your support and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back .

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We found the hotel to be well-managed, with clean and comfortable rooms. We particularly enjoyed the wide range of breakfast choices and the very good service in the restaurant. Another valuable service was that proved by the shuttle bus, which we utilised several times to get to the train station. Arguably this hotel is less convenient for those wishing to go out at night than would be the other Singapore Ibis, but that was not a major problem for us at our time of life.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Weasel476
GuestServices_GM1, Manager at ibis Singapore Novena, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest

I will share your comments with all the team members . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are glad to know you have enjoyed the breakfast and the Shuttle Bus services.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for four days, for my wife medication in mt alvernia hospital.
For the room : actually it's the same as other ibis we've tried. Clean, tidy.
For the service : we had bad experienced with the flickering lamp above the mirror from the arrival. I've called the engineering, but he came we bad attitude (not kind). I've to called twice because he didn't replaced the lamp from the first time.
But for other services, like the lobby customer service, cleaning service and shuttle driver give a very good services. One of the lobby customer service named Adam can also speak indonesian, which is very helpful for people that can't speak english.
Other you should notice is this hotel provide shuttle bus to the nearest MRT (novena square) or the hospital. You need to book early or you have to take taxi or walking, where it is about 600 meter up and down road to nearest mrt.
Food actually, the hotel has a restaurant downstair. But if you want, you can go across to eat some of local food like bakut teh, seafood, etc.

Room tip: Higher room has better view and less noise from the road
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel_hendry

Dear Guest

I will share your comments with all the team members especially to Adam and Ann. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and a great motivation to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I would like to apologise on the lapse of service in the Engineering area and rest assured that appropriate measures will be taken to prevent future occurence.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Ibis Novena (Singapore room 808) for 8 nights, I have done my laundry here (very expensive by the way), had breakfast everyday and paid cash for it, had lunch here 3 times, had at least 5 or 6 business meetings at the restaurant and everytime spent at least $30 to $50 on coffees and tea for my guests. I wanted to stay one more night and ask the staff if they had a room available for tomorrow and they said YES, so I asked if I could have the same price I paid for my 8 nights (+/-$135) and they said NO, you have to pay the full price of $175. For $40 dollars, you lost a client forever, I come to Singapore sometimes as often as once a week. Is not the money (only $40) is the business practices in your hotel that makes me believe that you don't care about your business. Tomorrow you will have a empty room, 2 empty seats at the restaurant for breakfast and lunch. You better review your policies. I am a business owner and I love when I have feedback on my business, the diffrence is that I act on feedback, specially negative one.
Hector Bonelli
hector_bonelli@hotmail.com

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive comments and feedback.
We are sincerely concerned and apologise the lapse of service in some area.

Your helpful comments are much appreciated, and your feedback will help us to continually improve the standard of facilities and services offered to all our guests.

We hope to be able to get in touch with you directly on this matter. Would be great if you could email us your contact details at H7451-fo@accor.com

Yours Sincerly

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We booked two rooms for four adults at just about SG$100/night through a 50% off promotion at Accor. For the price, it's great value and overall a good hotel.

Location: This may be the major downside of the hotel. Although, within walking distance to the MRT station, it IS still quite a walk especially in hot and humid Singapore. The bus station is nearer, though, so we tend to use this mode of transport most of the time. Good thing is that the neighborhood is quiet, with many hospitals and medical facilities nearby. Balestier Road is also a few steps away for good eats.

Room: As previous reviewers said, rooms are small. It's quite enough for us, just enough to move around and not feel so claustrophobic. Most importantly, it's clean and equipped with basic amenities and with in-room safe.

Staff: No complaints here. They are friendly and will help any way they can.

Tip: Take note of the hotel address before you leave, and maybe the GPS coordinates. Some cabbies are not familiar with the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2012