US$358
US$292
  • Pool
Hotel G Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$199
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$294
US$184
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$108
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$175
Swissotel.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$172
US$124
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
One Farrer Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$162
Priceline
US$692
US$503
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
All reviewslittle indiasocial arealavender streetnice common areafemale dormplace to staybunk bedslavender mrt stationfree breakfastcommon roomtea and coffeequiet at nightair conditioningstayed here for nightsbus stopmarina bayhostel
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Pros: Good value for a hostel in the most expensive country in SE Asia. The pods are great with your own little lamp and plug socket. Breakfast was also good. Showers were adequate but the walls could do with a spot of decobwebbing! Walking distance to the Lacender food market which has really great food at a more than reasonable rate.

Cons: the bloke on reception. When I checked in I was made to feel like I was disturbing him from something on his laptop and I didn't feel welcomed at all. I totally agree with one of the previous posts as he seemed to be very friendly with some of the guests but treated others, like me, as intruders. I didn't get a good feeling at all from him right up until I walked out the door without even a goodbye. I have never in my year of travelling experience this kind of ignorance from staff at a hostel.

As a result I'm totally unsure as to whether to recommend this to others. If you get to be one of his pals I'm sure you'll have a blast. If not, it could be turned into a rather drab stay in Singapore at a genuinely lovely hostel.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Ameiby1823
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Fantastic Hostel, with great staff that really try to help you out and point you in the direction of the real Singapore.

The boxes were clean, and the aircon cool. Communal areas were clean and tidy.

Desmond is a great source of information about the local area - i.e. Singapore. and do go on a food tour with him- it is great to visit the Hawker centre and go to the better stalls!

Jonathan, was really helpful & a nice guy giving me tips on places (mainly for food) to go to while I had a brief visit.

The deposit for the key is a bit steep, S$20, especially if you are only staying a short time - when you check out, it is hard to spend that much before heading to the airport / catching a bus. They were very nice and allowed me to use a £20 note instead.

Only thing that could have done better was more transport info - Desmond was good, but the difference between a tourist card / singles and bus routes wasn't well explained.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower cubicle - the top ones are really hard to get into sober; I dread to think how you'd get into one drunk / with reduced mobility!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Me and my girlfriend spent 2 nights there on the 14-15th of August, and our first impression was really bad... We bumped at this Jonathan that I recognized in the street (as all the TA's pictures for this property are just pictures of him and guests...)... He was with 2 guests and they were the one offering us to take us to the hostel, as we were asking for informations in the street.

We were so packed, we had 2 huge backpacks and 3 small ones, and after a few minutes, I asked for some help -which the guests offered, but not the staff...

We thought that he was just a little clumsy or shy and moved on. But then we realised that he is not shy at all, at the contrary...

Actually what we notice is that he likes to choose some people and become friends with, and create some small groups excluding other guests... What a nice feeling in a hostel as being excluded by the PR staff...

Furthermore he showed a total lack of knowledge of the city day life, such as public transports... as he told us that they were no buses in SGP going to the place we wanted from the hostel (the center of the town!)... But I'm sure he would have had a lot of knowledge when it came to things he was getting commissions on...

Apart from that, the rest of the staff is fine.

The hostel is actually quite nice, with a good setting of common areas, and good facilities (free and fast wifi everywhere!, etc..). Also the place is clean, (very clean for a hostel!)

We were staying in what they call a "lover's capsule", pretty much a double matress for couple at 3m of height in a shared dorm, and I have to say that they made a good job with that. First we got a little scared at the idea of going up 3m on a vertical ladder, but then we were rewarded by a nice semi-private kind of space. Matress was comfortable, we had 2 sockets and 2 lamps in that small space (just 50cms high) and slept very well.

I would recommend this place, but I would also recommend the owner/manager to work on the attitude of this Jonathan... He has to stop thinking he is a superstar, and should focus more on his work than on his ego.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Guillermo J
rl86, Owner at @ Little Red Dot, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Singapore.

Thank you very much for taking the time to pen down this review.
Your feedback is much appreciated.

I have been made aware of your feedback on your day of check-out at our place.

I will like to extend my sincere apologies on behalf of my employee who has left you the unwelcoming impression.

I have since addressed this matter with him on the day we received this feedback. I will again review your feedback with him tomorrow. I treat your feedback very seriously and will take the necessary actions to ensure the issue is addressed.

I appreciate the fact that you have been fair in your review.

Most importantly, I am very sorry.

Wish you safe travels.
David
Owner

@ The Little Red Dot

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked this hostel based on its good reviews on TripAdvisor and its good quality and price. Trust me, you HAVE to go there. You have free wifi and the location is very convenient. Also, not only the dorms are clean and the common area is cool, but the staff is super friendly and helpful. They will recommend you what to do in Singapore to make your stay memorable. A big mention to Jonathan who made our stay memorable and gave us the best service ever! He will definitely make you feel at home. Little Red Dot you ROCK! PS. Try the Lavender food court a few steps from the hostel, amazing food!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlexandraCT
Reviewed August 12, 2013

i seriously couldn´t have asked for more: general hygiene, sanitary, good location, friendly sphere for truly affordable prices...just to mention what I find essential for a positve customer feedback:))) The actual rate in this case should be expressed by one sentence: it has surpassed my expactations...
Besides great equipment, this little (just from name and size...) place provides extraordinary welcoming feeling and to say that staff is NICE is a severe UNDERESTIMATION..GUYS at Little Red Dot: you ROCK!!!:))))
I would warmly recomment LRD to everyone

Room Tip: I was staying in a capsule, the experience I hadn´t been through before (although I know it´s becoming more popular). Good alternative for the thrifty who´d like to get a bit of privacy in a shared room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo