4,588 results
All reviews pulau ubin close to the airport saltwater cafe rooftop pool hawker centre free shuttle sea view between flights local food junior suite food centre shuttle service an overnight stay club room the executive lounge late check short stay
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is quite some way out of the centre of Singapore however the hotel provide a complimentary shuttle into the city in the mornings and cabs are fairly cheap too so it didn’t cost a fortune to get to and from the city daily. Actually much cheaper than paying the inflated rates to stay in the city centre so if you don’t mind the travelling it’s a very viable alternative.

The room was spacious and had everything we needed. They also provide a complimentary phone to use which was amazing as we couldn’t use our English phones so it allowed us to keep in touch and use maps while we were out and about without it costing us!

There are lots of shops and a few restaurants if you go for a wander and also a beach across the road so if you fancy staying around the hotel for the day it isn’t a problem at all.

The pool was small but very nice and very quiet for the duration of my stay so the size wasn’t a problem. Perfect for cooling down in the afternoon heat.

The ease of transport into the city and the great value for money means I’d recommend this hotel and would stay again if returning to Singapore in the future.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yasmin_richardson
Ramesh K, General Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Dear yasmin_richardson,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel!

We are glad to read about your comments on the reasons that you enjoyed your stay in Village Hotel Changi. Your sharing of your experience with us is very much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

To the Management of Village Hotel Changi.

It has been some time after my stay at the hotel, and I must say I am truly missing it already.

From the moment I stepped into the hotel till the very day I checkout, it was truly an unforgettable stay.

I would like to compliment the following staff and I hope you may convey my thanks to these excellent service staff in your hotel. I want to compliment Nasihah and hazanah who were manning the reception counter. Even though the queue was long and the constant interruption from guests who wish to have their queries answered impatiently, they managed to churn out a warm and welcoming answer. Amazingly still not forgetting the guests that was being served by them initially. Their professionalism in handling guest is commendable despite the long queue. Kudos to Nabilah and Suzie from the Guest Lounge. Thank you for greeting and serving with a smile. Without fail, both acknowledged & welcomed each guest that visited the lounge. I and my husband felt so welcome. Not forgetting their attention to ensuring guests have plenty of food to eat. Thank you nabilah for your helpful orientation in assuring the food and drinks which was available for Muslim consumption. The flexibility of the hotel system enables me to check about my stay details there in the lounge and it was really fantastic considering I do not have to go to the receptionist. However prior to this, I had an uncomfortable experience at the lounge. The staff stationed at that time was Fazuan if I remembered correctly.I remember reaching the lounge and was clueless what to do. As it was my first time entering the lounge and did not know on how to access it, Wan just observed me from his position in there. There was no assistance or instructions rendered. After entering, I certainly did not feel welcomed and was not sure of what is available to me for Muslim diet. Hence I just took a can of ginger ale similar to what an earlier couple I assumed feeling the unpleasant experience.I only returned to the lounge after I was persuaded by my husband who came to stay with me after work. The same thing happened again to a group of foreign guests who was like me clueless if they could enter the lounge. Fazuan was still manning the lounge access and totally ignored the guest without offering any help. Suzie who was more proactive was in the kitchen at that time. If she was around, I can assume that it will be much more inviting and pleasant experience.

Nevertheless, thank you for the pleasant stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 737princessn
Jayvy, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear 737princessn,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your stay experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for the supportive review and feedback on the job well done by Nasihah, Hazaanah, Suzie and Nabilah.

At Village Hotel Changi, we always strive for continuous improvement. We value your feedback, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our hospitality.

Best regards,
Jayvy Gamboa
Senior Assistant Manager
jayvygamboa@fareast.com.sg

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Very good hotel and interesting location in Changi Village. Lots of interesting walks and hawker stalls very close by. Planes flying overhead were not very distracting. Breakfast didn't have a great range of english style items.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iangauntlett

Dear iangauntlett,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel!

We are glad to read about your comments on the various reasons that you enjoyed your stay in Village Hotel Changi. Your sharing of your experience with us is very much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Loved staying out here at this hotel near the beach. Not so busy and very green. Many great food markets outside and the ferry to Pulau Ubin across the road. Club facility was good, staff were very friendly, great rooftop pool, and rooms were large, comfortable and clean. Complimentary shuttle into the Bugis area each day and airport was very handy. Would definitely recommend to others and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuziewooziePerth

Dear SuziewooziePerth,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel!

We are glad to read about your comments on the various reasons that you enjoyed your stay in Village Hotel Changi. Truly appreciate your recognition for the team.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Very good location, but far away from city center. Nice and relaxing área, with lot of places to eat local food. It is a good option if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place, or if you are in Singapur for business/work in the sorrounding área.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank manuelmoralesbenito
Ramesh K, General Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear manuelmoralesbenito,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel!

We are glad to read about your comments on the reasons that you enjoyed your stay in Village Hotel Changi. Glad to know that you liked the surroundings, The hotel is about 20 - 30 minutes away from the city, based on traffic. Your sharing of your experience with us is very much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit soon!