“The Penang Food was Very Good......”
Review of 10 at Claymore

10 at Claymore
Ranked #69 of 10,930 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“The Penang Food was Very Good......”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

As I @ 10 at Claymore.......... A La Carte Penang Dishes, Buffet Breakfast Lunch & Dinner menu choice are superb it's tempting and tasty. The F&B Services was friendly from the Executive Chef Andy, Sous chef & The Breakfast Action counter Uncle Chef to the Restaurant Manager as well as the attentive waitresses. Kudos to all the PPO Hotel crews & management keep it up your super good professional attitude & excellent job well done. PPO Singapore BOLEH !!!!! :) !

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank LCWAI

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Dessert galore!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I liked their dessert, ice cream & crepe section best. I am sure most ladies would agree too. Even though I was full, I still went to grab more servings! They had a decent range of cakes to choose from. Though they had only 2 ice cream flavours, they had a lot of toppings on the table. I did not know they had a crepe counter. That was a pleasant surprise for me. There were many filling to select from, such as kaya, banana, cream, peanut, blueberry, strawberry, etc. I went there in the month of my birthday, so it was a one-for-one offer. Great discount!

• Visited March 2012
Singapore
“Great value for the buffet dinner”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

After reading raving reviews from TA, i decided to bring my family of 5 to dinner at this restaurant for the buffet. To be safe, i made a reservation at 6.30pm as the buffet starts at 6pm. However we were early, we reached at 5.45pm and the freindly captain informed us that the buffet had not started and the service staff were still preparing but we were seated and informed that they will informed us once they were ready. At 6pm sharp, the friendly captain walked over to our table and told us that the buffet was ready. We were of course the first in the line for the buffet and everything was setup nicely.

The restaurant offers international buffet with items like Japanese sushi and cold cuts, some oriental dishes, fresh seafood and a variety of oysters hailing from different parts of the world, italian pastas, wild mushroom soup, salads and breads and ala carte mains, not forgeting the desserts.

The oriental spread i would say is pretty average and nothing really to shout about. However, the seafood section was good, with big prawns, clams, mussels, lobsters and oysters from Canada, USA, Ireland and france. The serving staff at the oysters section was very helpful and informative about the different oysters. The Sashimi was fresh and so were the sushi. I particularly liked the Ala carte mains where one can order dishes like angus beef, lamb rack, salmon, assam laksa, Char kway teow and prawn mee fresh from the kitchen. Theaugus beef was cooked to perfection, pretty tender and tasty. The assam laksa and prawn mee were flavourful and tasty. The wild mushroom soup from the buffet was nice too. The desserts were good as well.

Overall, not a big spread but they substitute it well with the quality of the food. The ambience in the restaurant was nice and tables well spaced out. The waiting staff were friendly, helpful and never failed to clear our empty plates. The captain was especially nice and i regretted not getting his name as he constantly checked on our table and see if everything was well with us.

The restaurant is located in Pan Pacific Orchard which is a pretty accessible area and parking spaces are aplenty within the hotel.

At the price of S$55++ person, coupled with credit card promotion of 1 dine for free wth every 3 paying adults, i would say that its really value for money.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank alanyeo76
Haifa, Israel
“10 at Claymore”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

green tee was great. Good choice of cheese. Wine was simple but potable.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sr887
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner which left you wanting for more”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My colleague and I had the pleasure of dining at 10 at Claymore which is located in Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel.

From the moment we walked in we were greeted by the excellent staff. We were taken to our table and were provided with options. We both ordered a fish dish. Mine was Sea Bass fillet which left me wanting some more. The pesto sauce was out of this world.

I had to personally thank Andy and Chris the chefs at the restaurant. I have ate at many restaurants when I am travelling on business and the food was simply devine and one of the best I have tasted.

I can go on by stating how great the food was but to be honest the only way you are going to find out is by tasting the food itself and experiencing the friendliness of the staff all the way to the taste of the food.

Would I go back hell yeah.

• Visited February 2012