4,057 results
All reviewsfood courtmrt stationtriple roommoney changerchangi airportrooms are smalltoast boxgreen lineconvenience storefood stallsstrategic locationlittle indiathe ground flooryour luggagecity viewnice poolcity hall
Reviewed December 30, 2011

... can't be beat. Easy access from the airport, and makes getting to almost anywhere in Singapore a breeze.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are on the smaller size (and the bathrooms are tiny!), but we felt it was adequate for a small family. Housekeeping timing is funny - they came in to clean our room at about 7:30 p.m. every day! Anyway, since we were there on a holiday, and basically wanted a clean, comfortable place to sleep at the end of a day of sightseeing, we were more than happy with the room and facilities provided. TV, mini-fridge, clean towels and sheets, adequate storage if one does not travel with a ton of luggage ... good enough.

The food court at the ground level offers a lot of choice, but choices are sadly lacking if you're a vegetarian. That said, Little India is no more than a brisk 20 minute walk away, and offers enough choices for those looking for a vegetarian option.

Internet is not free, and we did not try the hotel breakfast or the pool.

Overall, pleased with the hotel and the price we paid for it, and would not mind staying there again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms whose windows face the opposite hotel wing. And, if you have two young children, makes sense to get a twin room and join the two single beds together - this creates a little more usable space!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Harish_VI
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Located next to Lavender MRT Station and from here ,you can use MRT to anywhere in Singapore conveniently.

If you visit Singapore and want to explore the city instead of enjoying hotel facilities.This is the right hotel for you.Booed through Agoda and get a reasonable offer.Room was clean but small.Breakfast not provided but not too worry because plenty of foods for you to choose from,nest to the hotel and quality is quite good and very hygienic.Taxi is a bit hard to get (not just in this hotel but throuhout Singapore).
Check In and check out was fast.

Toilet was clean and small(for caucasian standard).

Room Tip: Always full of people therefore you might not be able to choose rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The great thing about this place is that it is right above a MRT station and it is on the MRT line that goes out to the airport. So it is a great spot to get around Singapore.

During my stay, I was in a ‘cheaper’ room, so the more expensive rooms may be different.
The room I was in is compact and basic, which I suppose is reasonable considering it is a cheaper room. There are a couple of things that I thought were odd about the room. There are no light switches near the bed, so you have to get out of bed to turn off the lights. No big issue, but you would thing that a light switch next to the bed would be standard. But if you get up in the middle of the night, it is a stumble round looking for a light switch. The shower is tight. I’m 195cm and not fat, and it is a squeeze. They have free Wi-Fi here but it can be touch and go. Good when it is working but it can drop out and does regularly. I gave up after a while.

The beds were very comfortable and the a/c was good too.

Otherwise, the staff are courteous and polite, nothing outstanding but good. They seem to have a lot of tour groups staying at this hotel. I am sure that a lot of hotels in Singapore do too, but getting near reception at peak times can be challenging.

This was my first stay in Singapore and would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank apj101
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good location, good rooms. Courteous staff. Just the breakfast menu isnt great. I liked my stay here. They changed my room on my request for a better view and not the inside pool viewing room. Also had a mobile theft scare, which wasnt the case, and the manager was right there for help me out.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

A Singaporean friend recommended this hotel to us. She was absolutely right. The hotel is right above a little shopping mall and a very centric MRT (underground) station. The MRT is the best way to move around town and there's food at all times in the shopping mall, so it's incredibly convenient. The hotel itself is a busy business hotel. The rooms are squeaky clean, beds very comfortable. It has a very nice pool too. The hotel is not too pricey. Acommodation tends to be expensive in Singapore. I found the V Lavender offers lots of value for money. I'll definitely stay there when I go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple