“This place makes you feel like home”
Review of PepeNero - CLOSED

PepeNero
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Like most Singaporeans I am spoilt with choices when it comes to food therefore to me service comes as tops along side with ambience too.

At Penenero the staff here are extremely attentive and friendly. Especially Suria, he had offered me the best dining experience which I haven't had for a long time.

Thank you so much Surja. I would most certainly visit the restaurant again. Thank you so much for the great hospitality.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Went there for wedding anniversary. A quiet and nice place. Food wise was good and service was excellent!

Reviewed July 20, 2017

This was our second time eating at PepeNero and it was as delicious as the first. We were also pleasantly surprised that the great service we received the first time wasn't a fluke! Fantastic authentic Italian restaurant!

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

We emailed them to make the reservation but never got response. But we knew they did receive our booking upon arrival. The restaurant was quite empty on Saturday. There was two staff, but only one would talk to us, the other (taller) one never said a word, even after we finished our main courses, he suddenly came to us and threw us the menu but didn't say anything. We could only guess that he wanted us to order desserts. It's kind of odd but later we saw he talked to others. He could speak!
Two of us ordered the dishes to share: crab cake, beef tenderloin, cob fillet, tiramisu and couple of wines. P.S. the drink menu on website for cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and promo house wine was no more existing. And now they only provide the wines on wine menu.
When pouring oil for the bakery, the staff who served us started moaning that I poured too much that I could not finish it all. Actually that portion was for both of us to share. All I can say is this staff was "attentive".
The food was good except the desserts Tiramisu. We ordered it because it's "chef's recommendation". It unexpectedly looked unattractive and the texture was like it has been put in fridge for some times. I think this dessert should be considered as unsuccessfully made. The chef didn't bother to make a little decoration.

2  Thank Jeme1211
Reviewed July 19, 2017

Very attentive, friendly and accommodating waiter and maître d'. You get what you pay for! The set menu is good, started with the cold cut platter, followed by the duck leg and finished off with the dessert of the day.