First of all for the money I paid (I stayed at the Club Room) there is really nothing much to boost about albeit the service was exemplary. The check-in was ok (they checked me in at the lobby reception not sure why I was not escorted to check in at the Club Floor which they should) and the staffs on a general note are very courteous, helpful and professional.
I booked the Club Room marina view but upon entering the room realised that it was ocean facing. They claimed that for Club Floor there is no distinction between marina or ocean facing like the cheaper room types so be sure to specify what you want during booking if marina facing is what you desire. For me specifically I was staying the night on Chinese New Year eve so it was important for me to have marina view to watch the fire works. Anyway there was no problem at all I was shiftly moved to the room I wanted so I gave them the credit for that.
Honestly I was very much looking forward to thier Club Lounge as the highlight of my stay but there was just something left to be desired. The Lounge has nice cosy atmosphere, but gave you the feeling that somehow it needs a face lift to be on par with many of the 5* hotels around. Moreover the lounge actually faces the boring city rather the marina. The afternoon tea was quite sterile too as I expected more hot food and desert choices. The evening cocktails was alright, with nice white wine (Cloudy Bay) and champagne. The good thing about booking the Club Room is you also get guranteed 6 pm late check-out.
The room is beautifully appointed but nothing spectacular for the price I paid, a bit on the smaller side but well maintained. You can tell that the toilet is of a 90's design, with a minuscule bathtub (it is easily the smallest I have seen for the past 10 years of my hotel stay) and a shower cubicle so tiny you can hardly maneuver your hands to wash your back.
The only marvelous thing about this hotel is the swimming pool - absolutely gorgeous! It is a must try even if you just wanna lay down on the sun bed. The pool staffs were attentive and will help you to get a sun bed when you enter the swimming pool.
Overall is this hotel worth the price tag? I would say not really, but if service is the main thing you are after then you shall not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded Five Star status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for five consecutive years (2012 to 2016). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues, and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and two lounges overlooking the spectacular Marina Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental